The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Think we'll be sorted with a fit team, Walcott just adds that bit of flair we're sometimes lacking up front and he'll probably make things a bit easier for Ozil. Chamberlain is only going to get better so I see us being a lot stronger on the attack next season. Podolski's been on and off for us however I wouldn't rule him out off the big games since he has scored vs both Liverpool and Bayern, but I think we'll need some one who offers more than just a solid finish. I really do hope we activate Vela's clause because it would be absolute criminal if we didn't. We'll be sorted out for these situations but obviously injuries will happen so I'm not going to say now it'll be the perfect season.

I wouldn't say Walcott provides flair, he provides a pace injection and good direct runs. But he's not really flairy, Flair is what I'll call ronaldo or Hazard.
Matic has been quite solid from what I've seen of him ( though not enough). It's seemed like on the attack you guys have got into the right positions but severely lacking the finish (which Costa should be able to provide). Your midfield looks shackled tbh. I guess the other half of your problem is whether Mourinho can keep the locker room on his side. Everyone wishes you guys played more attacking football since you have one of the best attacking players in the league anyway. Have to take into consideration how content the players will be for playing ultra defensive football before getting fed up and moving to other teams (which I can see Hazard doing eventually). There's not too many world class CM's available at the moment though probably will massively change after the world cup. Who would you want to go for?

Na, I don't agree with the midfield and all we need is a striker thing. Majority of our attacking play is terrible. We have 6 men back at all times, our LB in Azpi doesn't go up to the byline and almost acts as a 3rd CB at times and we usually have 1 man in the box when we're on the attack, try to pick him out with the worst crosser of the team(Ivanovic) or when that doesn't work we shoot from range with ****ing Ramires. Oscar isn't good at penetrating defences with his passing, it's his runs and his crosses that are what make him a good player.

Prior to the Matic signing our best CM duo was a centre back and a 35 year old. There's clearly a problem in that area too.
Looks like City are letting Micah Richards go at the end of the season. This is something Wenger would be all over tbh. Still a good player, hard to get games with Zabaleta to displace.
Reply 4722
Original post by FKLW
When was Ramsey's first good season? Assuming few years ago, I.e before his injury?

Wrt to transfer fees front men always command a higher fee so that would he reflected in any bids. Ramsey has the potential to be world class if he keeps consistently performing like this, he showed World Class form last year but needs to keep it going.

Other point is moot because Spurs are ****, and you are not :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last season. Goalscorers demand large fees.

But every season, everyone says they're much better than us.
Original post by 419
Bale steaks ahead? Hmmmmm I don't know.

Bale couldn't fire his team into top 4 whilst Ramsey injury stopped his team from winning the league. So we can conclude with Bale= Europa league, with Ramsey= champions.

Ramsey has had 2 good seasons now.

Class A eggs, class A omelettes, class B eggs class B omelettes.

If you make a cake with 3 class B eggs and one class A egg you'll have a class B cake, if you make a cake with 3 class A eggs and a class B egg you'll have a class A cake.

Original post by Isometrix
For like half a season then they drop off.

Too many individual talents in City's squad, and apparently before Pelligrini came this season there was unrest amongst the squad. Pello looks like the man to sort them out though and bring them that unity. Agree they should have walked the league this season, hopefully if we get Costa we will give them a right go next season.

Agree.

We'll see with City.
Reply 4724
Original post by jam278
Class A eggs, class A omelettes, class B eggs class B omelettes.

If you make a cake with 3 class B eggs and one class A egg you'll have a class B cake, if you make a cake with 3 class A eggs and a class B egg you'll have a class A cake.

Nah doesn't work like that. It's the chef not the ingredients that matters. Don't let Jose palaver fool you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Nah doesn't work like that. It's the chef not the ingredients that matters. Don't let Jose palaver fool you.

So if you have salt and pepper for seasoning and you have chicken, will your chicken taste dry or not?
Reply 4727
Since you guy seem fond of her :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Reply 4728
Original post by jam278
So if you have salt and pepper for seasoning and you have chicken, will your chicken taste dry or not?

I'll let you know once I know whether or not you can bbq pierogi. That's occupying my mouth and mind way too much right now.
Original post by Ornlu
Since you guy seem fond of her :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Groovey was the worst thing that happened to this thread ever. Actually scratch that she was the worst thing that happened in internet history.
Just came back from the parade. Was mad. Anyone else go?
Reply 4732
Original post by Isometrix
It's great that you won but some of the delusion is unreal, saying this is a turning point or stepping stone and what not. You're still behind City and Chelsea in league competitiveness, and probably Liverpool are ahead of you too. An FA cup doesn't change that, you need to focus on building squad depth if you want to go far in the league and CL. It would be a farce if Giroud and Sanogo were your two strikers again next season. If Wenger doesn't spend in the right way it will be the same thing next season.

Btw Your league performance this year was almost as worst as last year, and that's saying something seeing as you've been scrapping for 4th on both occasions. Made worse this year having lead the table for half the season. The FA cup has masked that quite well, very few people are making a deal of it.

But you made the best out of a pretty awful PL campaign this season IMO, much like we did last season with the Europa league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

your bitterness just adds to this occasion. Our FA cup win compounds your miserable season.
Don't know about you guys, but Mertesacker definitely looks like the natural leader of your team from an outside perspective. This is mainly based upon the little things you seen after matches (photos, interviews, other video clips etc.). Not the sort of captain that'll be aggressive and ruthless with his leadership (seems like a great guy in fairness), but the one that everyone else respects and will listen to.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Don't know about you guys, but Mertesacker definitely looks like the natural leader of your team from an outside perspective. This is mainly based upon the little things you seen after matches (photos, interviews, other video clips etc.). Not the sort of captain that'll be aggressive and ruthless with his leadership (seems like a great guy in fairness), but the one that everyone else respects and will listen to.

Everyone already thinks this haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
see my man wilshere yeah
Reply 4736
Quarter of a million people at the victory parade apparently. Not bad.
Reply 4738
Original post by 419
Last season. Goalscorers demand large fees.

But every season, everyone says they're much better than us.

Last season as in the season when 90% of Arsenal fans called for his head?
Reply 4739
Original post by FKLW
Last season as in the season when 90% of Arsenal fans called for his head?

They stopped calling for his head after February........

Latest