The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steinweg
You could have complimented her on her skin tone and so on to get across that you find her attractive. There was no need to make a comparison with all the other girls on this thread that have posted pictures.

That makes absolutely no sense. I shouldn't need to explain why.

Overly analytical... Lol, telling someone that they have an attractive/beautiful face is not sleazy/wrong.

maybe telling her she's the best looking girl was wrong, MAYBE. But i was not thinking at the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
What has suddenly given you the impression that I'm not? Is it because I'm taken and don't look to pick up girls on the internet? Have you never come across a lesbian?

I'm guessing it's the directness of your posts and the lack of a picture or any 'feminine' speech patterns. So they default to a guy.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I'm guessing it's the directness of your posts and the lack of a picture or any 'feminine' speech patterns. So they default to a guy.

aye, she has a very alpha aura.
Original post by boxed treasures
aye, she has a very alpha aura.

It's a good tactic, considering that by not showing a gender sign/picture/any personal info she's less susceptible to biased replies. Of course ideally none of the above mentioned things should influence replies.
Reply 1024
This is me - I think this picture is marginally less terrifying than the last one. :bigsmile:

Snapshot_20140510_4.JPG

No, I've uploaded a picture which is what gave them the initial (correct) impression that I'm female. They've changed it based on the last few posts I've made in this thread. You could argue it's due to directness, but many female posters on here such as Alice (Tyrion) are direct. Doesn't make them any less female.

Yeah this.
Original post by boxed treasures
Overly analytical... Lol, telling someone that they have an attractive/beautiful face is not sleazy/wrong.

maybe telling her she's the best looking girl was wrong, MAYBE. But i was not thinking at the time.

I didn't suggest it was. Stop putting words into my mouth because you don't have a leg to stand on.

You didn't directly say she was attractive or beautiful, but rather chose to imply that by putting down all the other girls on this thread that have posted pictures. There was no need to make her beauty relative to others, as it should stand out on its own.

It was most definitely the wrong thing to do, and even she has acknowledged this. And take not of that, as putting down other girls isn't a way to make a girl feel special. She will just think that you'll do the same to her as soon as someone you feel is prettier comes along.
------

Steinweg, I admit defeat. Your astuteness is unparalleled.

TSR, I am so sorry.
Original post by 06awaism
I remember posting it somewhere. Never mind.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399822905.225865.jpg

And a more recent one. I put on a black and white filter, thought it would classy.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399823065.243956.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahahahahahahahahahaa omg this is too much fresh in one pic
Original post by la95
This is me - I think this picture is marginally less terrifying than the last one. :bigsmile:

Snapshot_20140510_4.JPG

marginally...
No, I've uploaded a picture which is what gave them the initial (correct) impression that I'm female. They've changed it based on the last few posts I've made in this thread. You could argue it's due to directness, but many female posters on here such as Alice (Tyrion) are direct. Doesn't make them any less female.

I must have missed that picture, as would many other folk so it's still fairly unknown. Alice's [[I had no idea that was her first name]] signature contains a lot of things that would be deemed 'feminine', the avatar adds to it but of course we know that's not the most accurate representation of someone [[Silver Arrows used to have a woman for his avatar and hid the gender sign from what i can remember]]

But yeah, it's not that these things make you less female, but it's more like they don't sway the initial thought that you're male. I've noticed Anons are usually assumed male until mentioned otherwise.
Reply 1032
Original post by trustmeimlying1
marginally...

Pardon? :tongue:
Original post by Are blacks real?
Raaaa

looking through this thread there are literally only 2 girls anywhere near good looking

:eek:
100_7126.jpg

Severely irritated with my exam I had today, for the past 5 years the exam structure remained the same, 6 questions, same topics.
Now there are 5 questions (Of which we still had to answer 4) but he mashed together two of the questions, on top of which he doubled the workload for the second part of the frankenquestion, meaning it would now take 3 times longer to get the same marks. Ridiculous, it seems that everyone only managed to answer about 3.

Ah well, Tuesday next week is exam 2, better get to revising..
I must have missed that picture, as would many other folk so it's still fairly unknown. Alice's [[I had no idea that was her first name]] signature contains a lot of things that would be deemed 'feminine', the avatar adds to it but of course we know that's not the most accurate representation of someone [[Silver Arrows used to have a woman for his avatar and hid the gender sign from what i can remember]]

But yeah, it's not that these things make you less female, but it's more like they don't sway the initial thought that you're male. I've noticed Anons are usually assumed male until mentioned otherwise.

I was referring specifically to Keturah who had obviously seen the picture, as that is why she initially (and correctly) thought that I was female. As I agree, the default is to assume that members are male unless something indicates otherwise.

Alice is listed as her name on her profile. She's legit as well, as I know people on here that have met her in real-life. Never had the privilege, personally.

My point wasn't whether she is actually viewed as a female or not, but rather that she is female and has a directness about her. Directness not being someone exclusive to males. Although admittedly more common amongst males than females.
100_7126.jpg

Severely irritated with my exam I had today, for the past 5 years the exam structure remained the same, 6 questions, same topics.
Now there are 5 questions (Of which we still had to answer 4) but he mashed together two of the questions, on top of which he doubled the workload for the second part of the frankenquestion, meaning it would now take 3 times longer to get the same marks. Ridiculous, it seems that everyone only managed to answer about 3.

Ah well, Tuesday next week is exam 2, better get to revising..

:hugs:

:console:
Original post by lilangel217
:hugs:

:console:

:hugs: Thanks :smile: Almost there, just a week and a bit! I don't feel too bad about them at the moment plus my birthday is on the last one, so my present is the end of exams :biggrin:
:hugs: Thanks :smile: Almost there, just a week and a bit! I don't feel too bad about them at the moment plus my birthday is on the last one, so my present is the end of exams :biggrin:

No problem :biggrin:

And early Happy Birthday :h:
Original post by lilangel217
No problem :biggrin:

And early Happy Birthday :h:

Thank you :biggrin:

Latest