The Student Room Group

OCR Applied ICT G041 exam

Is anybody doing this exam at all I need some help as I haven't been taught much.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't been taught much either there was a problem with the coursework and it took up most of the exam prep time. Only started to learn the exam prep last week. Have you done your task 1 notes for the exam? if yeah, how many pages did you do? i don't know if there is a limit or not.
Original post by Moljane
I haven't been taught much either there was a problem with the coursework and it took up most of the exam prep time. Only started to learn the exam prep last week. Have you done your task 1 notes for the exam? if yeah, how many pages did you do? i don't know if there is a limit or not.

Oh right which unit of coursework were you doing? Unit 3? That's really late considering the exam is a week today :frown:. I started my notes two weeks ago got about 3 or so ish pages so far. There's isn't a limit as far as I know but they should be quite concise as they are notes and are there for you to refer back to in the exam.

Have you completed task 2 and 3 then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
If you want some notes on legislation I happy to send you some :biggrin:
Original post by fletch42

Yes that would be good thanks if you don't mind. Do you have any other notes or know any useful websites? etc ..
Reply 5
Original post by fletch42

Yes please!
Reply 6
Can anyone tell me ALL the topics we have to learn for the exam besides the case study?
We started this unit back in February, there are parts of the exam which you are meant to do prior and hand in during the exam such as the flowchart of communications? And our class have made on average, around 15-20 pages of notes to take in with us to the exam which is basically the case study in a concise form albeit my one is rubbish lol
Reply 8
I don't understand how we are writing notes (task 1) from the pre-release/case study yet we get given a copy in the exam? isn't that pointless?
so ur gonna take in all 20 pages? idk what to do im here writing my notes like crazy lol
Reply 10
Original post by Moljane
Can anyone tell me ALL the topics we have to learn for the exam besides the case study?

The section B topics are:
Stock control and inventory systems, robotics and automation, CAD and CAM, Changed in working practices, Distribution, Ecommerce, HR, ICT services, Internet and intranet, types of organisation, training records, email.

The legislation acts are:
Copyright designs and patents, Data protection act, Electonic communications, Health and safety at work act, EU health and safety directives (VDU's), computer misuse act, Regulations of investigatory powers act.

I think this is all of them.. :smile:

If you scroll to the bottom of this page to the roe and imact of ICT, there are some really good legislation notes which have helped me! : http://www.teach-ict.com/as_a2_ict_new/ocr/AS_G061/AS_G061_home.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by reezaa
The section B topics are:
Stock control and inventory systems, robotics and automation, CAD and CAM, Changed in working practices, Distribution, Ecommerce, HR, ICT services, Internet and intranet, types of organisation, training records, email.

The legislation acts are:
Copyright designs and patents, Data protection act, Electonic communications, Health and safety at work act, EU health and safety directives (VDU's), computer misuse act, Regulations of investigatory powers act.

I think this is all of them.. :smile:

If you scroll to the bottom of this page to the roe and imact of ICT, there are some really good legislation notes which have helped me! : http://www.teach-ict.com/as_a2_ict_new/ocr/AS_G061/AS_G061_home.html

Cheers, You're a lifesaver !
Reply 12
These are my section B notes, they're not that great and kinda messy, but better than nothing. :smile:

Ive also used this website 'http://82.25.246.250/agce.asp?unitCode=17' it's alot of help! :biggrin:
Original post by reezaa
These are my section B notes, they're not that great and kinda messy, but better than nothing. :smile:

Ive also used this website 'http://82.25.246.250/agce.asp?unitCode=17' it's alot of help! :biggrin:

Reply 14
Guys really really REALLY revise section B from past papers. They re-use a lot of questions and their mark scheme is ruthless and so specific.

Straight forward questions, dodgy answers.
My teacher was saying that data protection act is most likely to come up as it didnt come up on any of the tasks and she said she found a trend that if data protection act is not stated in any of the tasks (1,2 or 3) it is more likely to come up as a question on section B

She is just assuming
Original post by THoMeZo
Guys really really REALLY revise section B from past papers. They re-use a lot of questions and their mark scheme is ruthless and so specific.

Straight forward questions, dodgy answers.

Do you know the disadvantages of using the intranet
Original post by reezaa

Oh my god, these are better than what my teacher gave me! (literally nothing) Thankyou SO SO much!!!
guys what is the difference between the Internet and the Intranet?
Intranet is an offline database for a company thus being private and the internet is online and can be accessed by anyone with a internet connection

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending