The Student Room Group

OCR B Physics G495 June 19th 2014 Unit 5

Poll

How did you find the exam?

Seems to be no thread for this yet...
Not a popular course I know (for good reason), but in case anyone else out there's taking it, here's the G495 thread. G494 thread here.

So here it is, OCR B Advancing Physics: G495 Field and Particle Pictures. This is on chapters 15 - 18 in the textbook.

Exam is on the morning of June 19th 2014.

Good luck guys!

Summary of spec
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/76058-summary-of-specification.pdf

Full spec
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/74952-specification.pdf

Advanced notice article including practice questions and answers

Spoiler

Revision resources

Spoiler

UMS for each grade

Spoiler

Grade boundaries

Spoiler

*New average mark to UMS converter with percentage and grade*

Spoiler

Last year's thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336247
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any chance you could upload the questions even without the mark scheme? I really need to start working on it!
Reply 2
Original post by shoe23
Any chance you could upload the questions even without the mark scheme? I really need to start working on it!

I forgot to take them home from school which is awkward because they're my homework. I can on Monday though. I would say they're helpful in showing what subjects we're likely to be asked about, but they're definitely harder than exam questions and the style is different.
Reply 3
Original post by adi19956
I forgot to take them home from school which is awkward because they're my homework. I can on Monday though. I would say they're helpful in showing what subjects we're likely to be asked about, but they're definitely harder than exam questions and the style is different.

ohh ahah okay, i suppose if there harder than the real thing then its good practice!
Reply 4
Original post by shoe23
ohh ahah okay, i suppose if there harder than the real thing then its good practice!

Well that's one argument! But it'd be nice to have some other resources for it. Does your school/ college not give you anything for it?
Reply 5
Original post by shoe23

I added some questions and answers for advanced notice article to OP, but they're not from my school. Don't know how good they are.
Reply 6
Well that's one argument! But it'd be nice to have some other resources for it. Does your school/ college not give you anything for it?

Well weve just been given those matthew arnold school questions that you have posted but they dont take long to do
Reply 7
Original post by shoe23
Well weve just been given those matthew arnold school questions that you have posted but they dont take long to do

Their school seems to be the most copied of any. I always see their physics and chemistry stuff
Reply 8
Their school seems to be the most copied of any. I always see their physics and chemistry stuff

Yeeh theyre pretty good! did u manage to find your schools questions btw?
Reply 9
Original post by shoe23
Yeeh theyre pretty good! did u manage to find your schools questions btw?

Yeah but I had to give them in. Might get them back tomorrow, if not then Thursday. He has to give them back at some point right?
Reply 10
Good luck for this exam - G491 was almost impossible.
Reply 11
Original post by Robbo54
Good luck for this exam - G491 was almost impossible.

Yeah they were saying this at my school. Grade boundaries will shift though don't worry! They're probably compensating for that woolly physics exam we had last year.

Good luck for G492!
Reply 12
I can't seem to open the questions :frown: it comes to a log in page for the school! Could you possibly upload them some other way? (Unless you already have and I'm being blind!) Thank you :-)
Reply 13
Original post by 1s3rw
I can't seem to open the questions :frown: it comes to a log in page for the school! Could you possibly upload them some other way? (Unless you already have and I'm being blind!) Thank you :-)

Don't worry, it's cool... Me being blind and missing the guest button!
Reply 14
Original post by 1s3rw

Huh, that's new... :confused:

Just hosted them on Google Drive, links are in the same place as they were before.

Edit:

Original post by 1s3rw
Don't worry, it's cool... Me being blind and missing the guest button!

Either way it wasn't doing that before, so just in case they lock it further, the changed links stay
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Yeah but I had to give them in. Might get them back tomorrow, if not then Thursday. He has to give them back at some point right?

I hope so! I need this revision ahha
Reply 16
Original post by shoe23
I hope so! I need this revision ahha

He didn't give it back!! I forgot. I'll go badger him tomorrow
Hi, fellow sufferer here. Worst topic is electromagnetic machines, going to be working solid on that before the 19th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
He didn't give it back!! I forgot. I'll go badger him tomorrow

ahah nightmare! okay then
Reply 19
Cheers for the Advanced Notice Article Questions, proving rather hard to come by, found these though, hope they help:
http://cupofteaching.com/2014/05/10/advance-notice-article-g495-mock-exam-june-2014/

Latest

Trending

Trending