The Student Room Group

Will I still get a good grade in my English GCSE?

I did not do very well in my two English Literature exams. For the first exam, I did not finish the second question which was worth 30 marks. For the second exam, it was poetry and I wrote just one sentence for the unseen poem which was worth 18 marks.
I am really worried I might get a bad grade and everyone is saying they found the exams easy. Therefore, I think the grade boundaries might be high, but I am preparing for my English Language. My English CA is between a strong C and a low B.
Do you think I can still get at least a B in English overall if I finish my English Language paper and get a good grade?
English language and English lit are separate gcse's. you can sill get a good grade English language.
They are both looked at by unis, but generally Language is looked at more- as long as you get C/B or above you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well firstly, your question is about English language, so why are you even giving us information on literature? And secondly, yes you can get a B in your language paper. From what I see it seems like you didn't revise for your exams at all. One line for a 18 mark question is pathetic, and that's why your grades are pathetic.
Reply 4
One sentence? Eeek, not a good idea.
English Lang and Lit are separate GCSEs

English Lang is the one you need to pass

If you do well in your exam, you can get your B grade
Reply 6
Original post by TheSweatyNerd
Well firstly, your question is about English language, so why are you even giving us information on literature? And secondly, yes you can get a B in your language paper. From what I see it seems like you didn't revise for your exams at all. One line for a 18 mark question is pathetic, and that's why your grades are pathetic.

I did not have time to revise because everyone studying Health and Social Care were finishing their CAs including me into the last week before exams started. Our school employed a wrong teacher for us for sometime.
Reply 7
Original post by summernights98
English language and English lit are separate gcse's. you can sill get a good grade English language.

My CA for English lit is kinda between a strong C and low B. What grade do you think I might get for English lit?
Original post by anonest
My CA for English lit is kinda between a strong C and low B. What grade do you think I might get for English lit?

I would say you could still get a c in English lit depending on how well you answered the questions that you did. if you look at the mark schemes for English lit then you will have better idea about the answers that they want and whether your answers were of a high standard.
Reply 9
Original post by summernights98
I would say you could still get a c in English lit depending on how well you answered the questions that you did. if you look at the mark schemes for English lit then you will have better idea about the answers that they want and whether your answers were of a high standard.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest