The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5640
If was was to go ballistic in the transfer window, can FFP touch us? Surely, don't make more losses than profits over three seasons? Not as much as £45m?
Reply 5641
Also, real must have made a huge sum of money last night. So they could possibly try and buy Suarez. If they do then we could go in for Benzema. Only problem is, I don't think Benzema is worth £40m :/
Original post by jam278
Who said that the win was worth less? Or are we trying our hardest to put words into people's mouths here?

I said people cared less about you winning. I'd also say that suddenly everybody is an Arsenal fan on my facebook despite saying Wenger out a few weeks ago.

Do people still want Wenger out?

lulz...if they do they need sectioning.
Original post by carlisomes
lulz...if they do they need sectioning.

They already need sectioning considering they're all bipolar anyway.
Winning the cup doesn't change that fact that people still want Wenger out. They can be happy for him to win but can still think it's time to depart.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wenger has to retire at Arsenal.

Always been a loyal supporter.
Reply 5646
Original post by Peggles_*
Winning the cup doesn't change that fact that people still want Wenger out. They can be happy for him to win but can still think it's time to depart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True..
but intead of it being 60/40 split fanbase who want him out, it is probably now 40/60 or 30/70 who want him out

But i still think it hangs on this transfer window (maybe on the january, but we know he Never does anything in Jan)...if he doesn't spend, then it going to be 80/20 or something who want him out guarantee that!

And agreed...arsene should retire at arsenal....maybe (maybe), go on to manage international, but highly doubt it
Btw who actually thinks fabregas is leaving?? I mean the media had made such a big deal about it, but Barca haven't commented on anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moey3
True..
but intead of it being 60/40 split fanbase who want him out, it is probably now 40/60 or 30/70 who want him out

But i still think it hangs on this transfer window (maybe on the january, but we know he Never does anything in Jan)...if he doesn't spend, then it going to be 80/20 or something who want him out guarantee that!

And agreed...arsene should retire at arsenal....maybe (maybe), go on to manage international, but highly doubt it

The lack of action in January made up a lot of people's mind, the league was there for the taking and we ****ed it up, the manner in which we did so is inexcusable. All teams have injuries us more so than others so we should have been prepared for them.

If he doesn't spend on the required players we need (I think most Arsenal fans are in agreement that we need a GK, RB, CB, DM , LW and ST) then I think it's curtains for AW.

I think France want him for 2016 tbf, so I see that happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
If was was to go ballistic in the transfer window, can FFP touch us? Surely, don't make more losses than profits over three seasons? Not as much as £45m?

Nah we have very high revenue
Original post by Basiji
Wenger has to retire at Arsenal.

Always been a loyal supporter.

You're back where've you been?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Essentially this. I don't think there's anyone to replace him right now so if he was here for another year I wouldn't mind. Everyone's jumping on the thought of him retiring but when it happens it will completely change the future of the club for the good/worse, so we can't exactly rush this yet.
Original post by SHOO

We're one of the (if not the) best placed clubs in world football in terms of FFP, think we can spend around 150m without it affecting our position.
Reply 5653
Original post by Pete_91
We're one of the (if not the) best placed clubs in world football in terms of FFP, think we can spend around 150m without it affecting our position.

We're probably the best tbh. Our turnover is incredible. You guys are in an strong position as well though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
We're probably the best tbh. Our turnover is incredible. You guys are in an strong position as well though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you haven't spent a huge amount in the last 3 years either so are probably better placed than us. Both clubs are bloody loaded in terms of FFP though. Reckon our combined finances could buy out a few other clubs.
Reply 5655
Original post by Pete_91
Yeah you haven't spent a huge amount in the last 3 years either so are probably better placed than us. Both clubs are bloody loaded in terms of FFP though. Reckon our combined finances could buy out a few other clubs.

Yeah probably :tongue: 2 biggest grounds in the country sold out every week, international fan bases and loads of sponsors, even down to things like noodle sponsors!

You guys are in the better position though- no squad overhaul needed, a settled competent manager and CL football so probably a more attractive proposition for players at this moment in time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which "people"? To say it's most is *******s...

I only ever wanted him out when we lost to Bradford, but even then getting 4th place that season over Spurs made up for it.
Original post by FKLW
Yeah probably :tongue: 2 biggest grounds in the country sold out every week, international fan bases and loads of sponsors, even down to things like noodle sponsors!

You guys are in the better position though- no squad overhaul needed, a settled competent manager and CL football so probably a more attractive proposition for players at this moment in time.

I reckon we could buy Spurs in a few years at our current rate of turnover.

:rofl:
Original post by Pete_91

True. But even though City got punished from that they and Chelsea or PSG in France or whoever would find loopholes around it, so it won't be 100% effective.
Reply 5659
Original post by Pete_91
I reckon we could buy Spurs in a few years at our current rate of turnover.

:rofl:

Spurs man :lol: they are actually a complete joke, I absolutely love their meltdowns so I can't imagine how you guys must feel!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest