The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You lot should bid 40m + 1 Battenberg cake for Yaya while you're at it. Seriously though if you get Cesc everyone will be mirin that midfield first 11..
(edited 9 years ago)
DM Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Cesc

:sexface:
Cesc back to Arsenal, THE GLORY DAYS WILL BE BACK

Ozil, Carzola, Wilishere, Ramsey, Rocisky, Oxlade-chambelain, Arteta, Fabregas

THAT MIDFIELD :arsenal: we will win the premier league.
DM Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Cesc

Apparently Remy is ours! Cesc though... :colone:
Just imagine guys. You could have signed Suarez last Summer and Cesc this Summer. You'd be far and away the strongest team in the league. But no, Wenger ****ed up EVERYTHING.
If we can somehow get Aurier, Cesc and Vela/Remy then that's a title winning team tbh. I would take Remy over Vela at this stage because he's PL proven.

Flamini Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Remy

Cesc

Only worry for this system is that it's too attacking but in essence that's Ramsey/Walcott/Remy who would get 20 goals and Cesc would chip in with 15.

That depth for the front six is just ridiculous too. Ox, Santi, Wilshere, Giroud etc to come in when we have two games in a week. Haven't included the back six as I'd expect it to stay the same apart from Aurier coming in obv. Hopefully we keep hold of Verm too.
Original post by Stalin
DM Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Cesc

Cazorla should not be used as a LW, do not understand Arsenes obsession with fitting him and Ozil into the same team.

Cazorla and Arteta need to be squad players next season at best if we harbour serious ambitions of the title. Should only use them against the weaker sides. Would preferably try and flog Arteta back to a mid table team for a pittance and Santi for £10-15m to a Spanish team if we get Cesc tbh.
Over the past few seasons you had reasons not to spend. This time the cash is there... but no one wants to join you (except at the last minute). History is gonna repeat itself
What's your take on Remy at Arsenal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are we putting Cesc up front?

It's not going to be the perfect window. If we do buy Cesc or a new LW then I can see Cazorla or Poldi wanting to leave. They're not our best players but Cazorla is definitely much more than just a bench warmer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Why are we putting Cesc up front?

It's not going to be the perfect window. If we do buy Cesc or a new LW then I can see Cazorla or Poldi wanting to leave. They're not our best players but Cazorla is definitely much more than just a bench warmer

Posted from TSR Mobile

We need depth ffs, no on should be going, unless it's Arteta!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
We need depth ffs, no on should be going, unless it's Arteta!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is Cazorla going to want to stay around just to play against small teams in the fa cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
Is Cazorla going to want to stay around just to play against small teams in the fa cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he does nothing against the big teams anyway!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue

Posted from TSR Mobile

would probably play against midtable and lower opposition too, just not big games.

if sagna is joining city for 150k fair play to him lol, commandin that kind of fee to sit on the bench. sagna hypnotisin them sheikhs.
Original post by Stalin
DM Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Cesc

Spoiling the party here, but imagine that coming up against a midfield duo of Ramires-Matic, or Yaya-Fernandinho?

They'd be stopped in their tracks, with no real prospect of running back and winning the ball again.

Imo, you dont need Fabregas. Hampers Wilshere + Ox development, and will make you weaker defensively.

You need 2 defensive midfielders and a striker. Get that, and you're serious title contenders.
Reply 6276
If the following deals happen, this summer would be absolutely stunning.

Fabregas
Vela and/or Griezman
Remy
Aurier
Backup keeper
Mayyybeee if we really push it, Khadera or gustavo

Only a fool would not consider us to challenge everything with those additions to our current squad- we may even win the big games!

AR_95, Cesc has been played up top loads of times for barca, to fill in the gap for either Messi or when David Villa was out, and I'm sure he's now versatile enough to sometimes play up top for us, CAM or even alongside Ramsey. Nontheless, there is absolutely no reason for us not to buy him.

Ask yourself, would you rather see him in a united shirt with RVP? Honestly?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO
If the following deals happen, this summer would be absolutely stunning.

Fabregas
Vela and/or Griezman
Remy
Aurier
Backup keeper
Mayyybeee if we really push it, Khadera or gustavo

Only a fool would not consider us to challenge everything with those additions to our current squad- we may even win the big games!

AR_95, Cesc has been played up top loads of times for barca, to fill in the gap for either Messi or when David Villa was out, and I'm sure he's now versatile enough to sometimes play up top for us, CAM or even alongside Ramsey. Nontheless, there is absolutely no reason for us not to buy him.

Ask yourself, would you rather see him in a united shirt with RVP? Honestly?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10868044/Cesc-Fabregas-will-not-return-to-Arsenal-from-Barcelona-as-Arsene-Wenger-rules-out-30m-move.html

Unlucky

Also are you seriously suggesting Remy is your title winning 30+ goals a season striker?
(edited 9 years ago)
NOT CITY. For gods sake - come to Chelsea at least.

Unlucky guys.
Tbh distinct lack of quotes in that article, and I'm not so sure Id believe it even if Wenger said it outright.

I'd also say Remy is probably good enough assuming he has someone like Ozil behind him. Arsenal do get a fair few midfield goals from the wide areas and Ramsey it would seem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest