The Student Room Group

Applied business a level?

Does the finance unit consist of lots of maths?
Original post by Jamilah_1

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Business forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111
Reply 2
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 3

Hi I did the finance unit 3 exam in applied business and it does consist a fair bit of maths such as breakeven analysis, margin of safety, profit and loss etc but most of it talks about sources of finance such as internal sources and external sources also types of ownership like sole traders partnerships things like that and you have to relate your answers back to the case studies they provide
Reply 4
Original post by aidenacs
Hi I did the finance unit 3 exam in applied business and it does consist a fair bit of maths such as breakeven analysis, margin of safety, profit and loss etc but most of it talks about sources of finance such as internal sources and external sources also types of ownership like sole traders partnerships things like that and you have to relate your answers back to the case studies they provide

I hate maths! And thanks :smile:
Reply 5

Are you thinking of studying Applied business for A level? If so, I would totally reccommend it! Applied business is more coursework heavy and in AS you will get 2 pieces of coursework which is worth more of your overal grade 2/3 whereas exams are only 1/3! So that helped me a lot, and i really like coursework :biggrin:. In A2, coursework gets quite time consuming, but its so worth it. Depending on different schools they do different units but at my school we did unit 8 which is when we made a business plan, so we created our own business name, logo, startup costs etc and i thought it was really fun and exciting and i got full marks :biggrin:. But yeah, if you like coursework i would totally go for it, its an A level where you can easily get an A/A*
Hi I am doing appiled bussiness for one of my opinions in gcse I am in year 9 and i don't know if it is harder then BETEC can u plzz help me an tell me what h do in it plzz
Reply 7
Original post by Chloe 2000
Hi I am doing appiled bussiness for one of my opinions in gcse I am in year 9 and i don't know if it is harder then BETEC can u plzz help me an tell me what h do in it plzz

Hello, i would advise that you do the GCSE Option because I think its a better qualification than BETEC and universities like it better. I don't think it would be any more difficult, but i didn't take it at GCSE, i did business studies. I would suggest that you ask your teachers as they can give you more detailed advise :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Chloe 2000

I studied applied business at A level and the course is not that hard but is a little demanding than a BTEC. But whats good about this course you have 4 coursework units each consisting of 4 A0's aka assessment objectives and 2 exams. So if you get high grades in your coursework you can do bad in your exams and still get good grades to go to university. For example I got a C in my unit 1 coursework and a A in my unit 2 coursework then got an D in the unit 3 exam so altogether I got a C in first year and I was really close to a B. Then in my second year got a A in my unit 8 coursework and A* in my unit 10 coursework and still remained on a C grades overall but the unit 12 exam I have recently taken might boost my C grade to a B or A. So its worth taking up this course if its at GCSE level then its most likely to be the same but I wouldnt advise you to pick up applied business with a BTEC unless you can handle doing lots of coursework during the day. I hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending