The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Lol on Twitter according apparently Cesc is set to join Chelsea. I ain't believing **** still I see it on SkySports or BBC. I've seen it all before so and so is set to join zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This. Cesc him self has not openly said anything yet so I won't make any conclusions until that happens. He might of said the deal has been agreed (by barca) but nothing to say he's accepted it yet

Original post by Fizzel
Rumors Ox has ligament damage too. Wilshere was pretty terrible tonight, didn't do much of note other than fall over, repeatedly.

Original post by gunit123
re Oxlade-Chamberlain. Roy Hodgson: "We have our fears there might be some ligament damage" :frown:

How bad is the injury, time wise too?
Original post by Kruz
Lol on Twitter according apparently Cesc is set to join Chelsea. I ain't believing **** still I see it on SkySports or BBC. I've seen it all before so and so is set to join zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Financially the supposed bid of 33m euros doesn't make sense. Barca wouldn't be prepared to make a loss on a player of Cesc's calibre and the bid itself is exactly that of our buy back clause.

Maybe I'm allowing my heart to rule my head on this one but I just love him so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
According to some of those at the AST meeting tonight, we have no interest in Aurier whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I read something about us dropping all talks about him
Reply 6543
Original post by Fizzel

Straws mate. His agent would surely know because his fee would almost certainly be dependant.

Why would clubs be required to let agents know the fee?
Well I still don't believe this.

I reckon Wenger will swoop in last minute. I won't even be surprised if he's talked to Wenger about this in fact.
Original post by jam278
Well I still don't believe this.

I reckon Wenger will swoop in last minute. I won't even be surprised if he's talked to Wenger about this in fact.

No way. It's basically Chelsea or stay at Barca.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Financially the supposed bid of 33m euros doesn't make sense. Barca wouldn't be prepared to make a loss on a player of Cesc's calibre and the bid itself is exactly that of our buy back clause.

Maybe I'm allowing my heart to rule my head on this one but I just love him so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you don't know if a buyback clause exists and the price of one if it actually does so i wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up
Original post by AR_95
This. Cesc him self has not openly said anything yet so I won't make any conclusions until that happens. He might of said the deal has been agreed (by barca) but nothing to say he's accepted it yet

How bad is the injury, time wise too?

Cesc didn't say anything openly at the Barca transfer either. But I still think you'll swoop in last minute.

Wenger needs to be a bit anti competitive here.

Original post by 419
Surely for cesc to know to the price, it can only be the release clause or am I clutching on straws.

Straw clutching. It's a weird deal because of you guys though. So I still think you'll hijack it if he's got any sense.
Where has the Chelsea rumour even come from? Just cos somebody saw him in London?
Original post by Zürich
I'll just feel numb tbh.

Had no problems him following his heart to go and play for Barca really but to then leave them to play for Mourinho/Chelsea? Would mean that football is just dead tbh, lacking in any kind of soul. Honestly dont think I could even be bothered to jeer Cesc if he came back to the Emirates, why even bother?

I understand your hurt tbh. Will probably take a while to get over it, if it happens.

Move over Van Persie, we have a new Iscariot in town.

why do we attract all the snakes brahs....why

**** that nigguh cesc

**** him
You lot need to relax man :lol:. I see Arsenal fans on Twitter having **** fits.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pique_LOL
No way. It's basically Chelsea or stay at Barca.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's not wanted at Barca, Rafinha Alcantara will take his place.

So it's basically take Fabregas or don't take him.

Hopefully he gets a great reception though.
Reading this twitter account posted. Apparently Ozil wasn't a last minute deal but planned in months.

It does make some sense however. Everyone knew Bale was leaving and the transfer didn't happen until the last day so maybe Wenger just had to wait?
Kmt, WHY IS CESC TO CHELSEA TRENDING?! Allow this bull****!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thugnificent.

**** that nigguh cesc

**** him

What do they all have in common?

Darren Dein as their agent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6556
Original post by jam278
Cesc didn't say anything openly at the Barca transfer either. But I still think you'll swoop in last minute.

Wenger needs to be a bit anti competitive here.

Straw clutching. It's a weird deal because of you guys though. So I still think you'll hijack it if he's got any sense.

Elaborate on why it's straw clutching.
Original post by Thugnificent.

**** that nigguh cesc

**** him

If Arsenal rejected the chance to sign him, can we blame him???
All because some bloke on Spanish radio said he's going to Chelsea. No idea why people instantly trust journalists with exotic names, the Spanish media is seriously toxic.
"Gazidis says Arsene is dedicated to ensure that the transition of a new manager is seen as part of his own legacy. Wants built upon."
Not sure what to take from this. is there anyone else with the same philosophy as Wenger?

Latest