The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

What was the last question on squirells about?
Was it on involuntary responses???
Reply 581
Original post by KJC79
OH PHEW, which one did you tick? :smile:

Other people (bottom).
Original post by cupcakes16

Yup. :3 Some people said it was about conditioned reflexes, but I'm pretty sure it wan't. It said the response was RAPID and that word made me automatically think they were talking about the reflex arc and the involuntary responses. :smile:
Reply 583
Original post by cupcakes16

I think there was two parts to the question. What was the squirrels response (meaning talk about the reflex arc then say that the response was for it to run to safety) then, the second part was to say what it happened so quickly ( involuntary+ it doesn't have to go to the brain and back).

That's what I put anyway :smile:
Reply 584
Original post by Sulfur
Other people (bottom).

Me too! Can you remember any of the other ticky box questions and what to put for them? I need reassurance here... I always doubt myself. :tongue:
That's exactly what I put :smile::smile:
Original post by lyricalvibe
How many marks does everyone think they got?

I really don't want to say aha. But in worst case scenario( taking marks away from questions I'm not completely sure on) then 42.
Reply 587
Original post by KJC79
Me too! Can you remember any of the other ticky box questions and what to put for them? I need reassurance here... I always doubt myself. :tongue:

First one I put stomata, root hair cell and photosynthesis in day
Ethics I said kills embryos, could become humans

Can't remember anymore - can you?
Please can someone let me know how many marks I would get if I understood every question apart from the two maths-based questions and the tick box question (about root hair cell, stomata etc...)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by superdarklord
It's a compulsory half course and my life is bad enough D: we don't even get re as a choice, it's called philosophy and ethics. God knows why though (no pun intended :wink: ) because it is RE there's no philosophy or ethics in it at all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure the pun was intended :wink:
I've never even heard of that course..My advice would be to focus on science because, let's be honest, phil/eth isn't going to wow the employers/unis like science :biggrin:
Can anyone help me out with revision with c5 and c6 for Chemistry - I am so confused with all the word equations etc ?!!
Reply 591
Original post by Sulfur
First one I put stomata, root hair cell and photosynthesis in day
Ethics I said kills embryos, could become humans

Can't remember anymore - can you?

For the one about condition behavior I put a C in the second box and the one about clowns.

For the one about what using embryos is unethical I said they are living things and they have the potential to develop into human beings.

Quite a lot of people put the answer in a ratio for one of them, 1:19.2 but, I thought that it said:

ratio = type a/ type b

So I thought that by using the equation that would give you the ratio... I just put 19.2 KJ and thought that the second mark was awarded for putting the unit of measurement. :confused:
Original post by Sulfur
No, they're out of 60. The coursework is out of 64.

Oh, sorry, you're right!

If I made mistakes like that in the exam...:eek:
Original post by olmyster911
I'm sure the pun was intended :wink:
I've never even heard of that course..My advice would be to focus on science because, let's be honest, phil/eth isn't going to wow the employers/unis like science :biggrin:

It really isn't, or maybe I can impress them with the ONE Bible quote I know 'something something something ...and it was good' impressive right? :P nah the night before I'll do a little work. I don't want to completely fail, an A* would be lovely :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur
Other people (bottom).

Why was it other people? I thought it would have improved the results (or whatever it asked for) to test herself more because other people would have completely different results etc? Not sure..
Original post by superdarklord
It really isn't, or maybe I can impress them with the ONE Bible quote I know 'something something something ...and it was good' impressive right? :P nah the night before I'll do a little work. I don't want to completely fail, an A* would be lovely :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank goodness we didn't need to quote the Bible in my RE exams :biggrin:
Oh yeah, I agree with you on that one, an A* is always happily received!
Why was it other people? I thought it would have improved the results (or whatever it asked for) to test herself more because other people would have completely different results etc? Not sure..

^This. That's exactly the same reason why I chose the "repeat the test" tick box. :wink:

I got the same as you
Thank goodness we didn't need to quote the Bible in my RE exams :biggrin:
Oh yeah, I agree with you on that one, an A* is always happily received!

Quote the Bible, the quran and the bhagvad gita what is this xD do I read any of them aaaahh I'll definitely need some help from above that day *weep* I've got As all this time without quotations so hopefully knowing a few can just push me up! What have you got left

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HappyHylian
^This. That's exactly the same reason why I chose the "repeat the test" tick box. :wink:

Yay! I was doubting myself but now I'm pretty confident with that answer :smile:
Reply 599
Original post by HappyHylian

I thought that repeating on someone else would be the best because it would be better to test a variety of people to see whether it was just her heart that acted like this or if it was a common trend. Although, I can completely see your reasoning behind ticking the box you chose :smile:. At the end of the day, it's just 1 mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending