The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
I did that. I never knew you had to put 2x H+ ions :s-smilie:

I don't think you did to be honest. I think people got the wrong idea of 'you may use it once, more than once or not at all'. It said list the ions present, not how many of each ion present
Reply 1101
Original post by Fishhy34
is that right because i though it was the oxygen being remove from the aluminium oxygen

Original post by cupcakes16
Was that right?

Unsure if it's right, but that's what I put (also said that in C123 too).

Original post by olmyster911
I don't think you did to be honest. I think people got the wrong idea of 'you may use it once, more than once or not at all'. It said list the ions present, not how many of each ion present

Exactly! I thought that applied to the different compounds.
Was that not for the fact that you use H+ in both hydrochloric acid and sulphuric acid?
Original post by Sulfur

I think we're correct, but I guess we'll never know xD
Reply 1104
Original post by TomAyy
Was that not for the fact that you use H+ in both hydrochloric acid and sulphuric acid?

Exactly.

Yeah, it was two marks, I'm sure you didnt need two of the H+ to get the marks, besides one is fine because they simply asked for what was in it; it is fine if you put two though.. they cant mark you down :smile: I think the penultimate question was really weirdly worded!
Reply 1106

Well that is true, I think you would still get a mark for placing just one Hydrogen ion. But the ions present in H2S04 are two hydrogen ions and one sulfate ions, it links in with how many of each is present?
Original post by Sulfur
Unsure if it's right, but that's what I put (also said that in C123 too).

I put reduction is gaining electrons. Is this wrong?
Reply 1108
I put reduction is gaining electrons. Is this wrong?

Reduction would be the loss of oxygen in a compound.
Original post by akl141

So i got it wrong??? :frown::frown::frown:
So i got it wrong??? :frown::frown::frown:

i wrote it was the loss of oxygen :frown:
Original post by LordMoonNinja
Yeah, it was two marks, I'm sure you didnt need two of the H+ to get the marks, besides one is fine because they simply asked for what was in it; it is fine if you put two though.. they cant mark you down :smile: I think the penultimate question was really weirdly worded!

I hope I get both marks! To be honest I think a lot of the questions were weird, like the copper 6 marker!
Original post by akl141
Well that is true, I think you would still get a mark for placing just one Hydrogen ion. But the ions present in H2S04 are two hydrogen ions and one sulfate ions, it links in with how many of each is present?

I guess it's down to how we interpreted the question. If enough people put one thing and the other half put another thing, the exam board will most likely accept both.
The uestion on the charges of Ion and Chlorine, Was it Fe3+ and Cl-?
My coursework is an A or A*. I think i did really well in biology but not so well in chemistry. I am not that good at physics. What grade would i need in Chemistry and physics to get an A overall??

Thanks
Reply 1115
Original post by TheLongGame

Yeah, thats correct Fe3+ and Cl-

Although, Cl3 - would be wrong because that wouldn't ionise normally, it would separate completely.
Original post by TheLongGame

Yep that's what I put :smile:
Original post by akl141

is that right ????
Reply 1118
How many people put AB were similar and CD were different?
And how many people wrote magnesium sulfate and chloride for the last question?

:frown:
Reply 1119
Original post by Fishhy34
is that right ????

Apparently so! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending