The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seems pretty realistic to me anyway.

Should get 4th over United though.
Original post by jam278
I disagree, Wenger has a plan in store. He will probably go for Aurier, get a DM and a striker.

He better have a plan! I wonder what it's like for you as a Chelsea fan to have a manager who isn't off his rocker! Has his **** in order, knows what he wants and gets it. If only, someone is switching up Arsene's pills at the club, sending him doolally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
He better have a plan! I wonder what it's like for you as a Chelsea fan to have a manager who isn't off his rocker! Has his **** in order, knows what he wants and gets it. If only, someone is switching up Arsene's pills at the club, sending him doolally!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you mean the manager who was ran out of Madrid before he was lynched after winning 1 trophy in 3 years with a squad that then won the CL in their first year without him?

Mourinho will win nothing next year again I bet :laugh:
Original post by Zürich
What you mean the manager who was ran out of Madrid before he was lynched after winning 1 trophy in 3 years with a squad that then won the CL in their first year without him?

Yea that manager who's out performed wenger in every way possible over the last 10 years
Original post by Zürich

1 trophy is 3 years, lord knows what they would do to someone who had accumulated 1 in 9!! :hehe:

Nah Chelsea are stacked, if they don't win the league and get to at least the CL semis then something is wrong!!

As much as I hate Mou I admire the fact that he has issues in his squad, identified and the rectified them. Didn't pussyfoot about. We need that iron fist at Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baconbutty
Yea that manager who's out performed wenger in every way possible over the last 10 years

Which youngsters has Mourinho nurtured into worldies?

I'll make this easy for you: for every player you can name, I'll name three that Wenger has transformed.
Chelsea are still in evolution, I don't think the squad is strong enough to win the league if I'm being honest. I don't get why we're under unnecessary pressure. Just because we have a striker and a midfielder doesn't mean we'll be doing great from day one. Chelsea need a game plan capable of breaking down smaller teams and tbh Mourinho has had this problem all throughout his career besides at Madrid, even then when a team parked the bus Madrid almost always ran out of ideas(see United game and dortmund at the bernabeu) and rely on fluke goals and inspiration.

This is why Chelsea aren't winning the league next season, we need 3 more signings.
Original post by Peggles_*
1 trophy is 3 years, lord knows what they would do to someone who had accumulated 1 in 9!! :hehe:

Nah Chelsea are stacked, if they don't win the league and get to at least the CL semis then something is wrong!!

As much as I hate Mou I admire the fact that he has issues in his squad, identified and the rectified them. Didn't pussyfoot about. We need that iron fist at Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Real Madrid were stacked as well :laugh:

End of the day, City have far far better strikers than Chelsea even with Costa. Yaya>Matic, Silva>Cesc and their depth is scary really. plus they'll sort out the issues at CB as well. They're favourites again rightly as things stand.

Mourinho hopefully will then get the sack as per usual Roman style and we can get on with it without that cretin. He can **** off to whoever is willing to take him, not many left at this stage :laugh:

Very hopeful of a serious, and very dignified, Mourinho meltdown this season :smile:

Agree that Chelski do their transfers in a more common sense way than we do
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7748
I'm not panicking but, I'm indifferent and not expecting anything anywhere near what is necessary. We'll probably end up with the same result as last summer and be a couple of singings too short. I was part of the cohort of people shouting down at people that were complaining this time last year and tbh, they ended up been right.

Quite pleased with the signing of the new fitness coach. He comes with good credentials but more importantly, he isn't a nepotistic hiring.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you ****ing serious I'm questioning my clubs ambition cus they consistently fail. You are a ****ing terrible fan disgusting attitude

**** off you ain't convincing anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
... I swear I read that Aurier isn't being moved for because Wenger doesn't want to hinder Jenkinson's development?

I don't think you'll buy a DM. Maybe a random French CB or something. No big signing.
Original post by Stalin

I'll make this easy for you: for every player you can name, I'll name three that Wenger has transformed.

Well he can go manage the u16s then cus it's done us **** all has it
Original post by Stalin

He's talking performance wise.

If you're talking worldies(i.e. world class players) for Wenger, there's literally 3 players in the past 10 years he's transformed into worldies. That being Fabregas, Ramsey, Koscielny(was not a youngster) and that's it really. Maybe Wilshere too. Nasri had a good half season but was generally average/inconsistent. Song was average, Diaby is always injured etc.

I'd say that Lamps was transformed to a worldie under Mourinho(although he wasn't a youngster like with Koscielny), same for Robben, same for Varane.

Since worldie means world class players and your team is generally pretty devoid of world class talent(or they're sold the second they become world class) then you can't really talk about this.

If you're saying how many players he got playing at a half competent level on the cheap, Wenger trumps Mourinho there by a mile.
lol dos santos
Original post by jam278
Chelsea are still in evolution, I don't think the squad is strong enough to win the league if I'm being honest. I don't get why we're under unnecessary pressure. Just because we have a striker and a midfielder doesn't mean we'll be doing great from day one. Chelsea need a game plan capable of breaking down smaller teams and tbh Mourinho has had this problem all throughout his career besides at Madrid, even then when a team parked the bus Madrid almost always ran out of ideas(see United game and dortmund at the bernabeu) and rely on fluke goals and inspiration.

This is why Chelsea aren't winning the league next season, we need 3 more signings.

You spent more than £100m last summer and then have already spent £60m on two world class signings this year.

Your whole 'Chelsea are not ready' agenda is bull****. Mourinho should have been sacked based on last season and Roman's past record.
Well he can go manage the u16s then cus it's done us **** all has it

Aside from a brand new stadium, with state of the art facilities, huge cash reserves, promising youth, CL football since the dawn of mankind, and, ultimately, a sustainable club.

There's nothing special about Real, Chelsea, PSG, City, et cetera. Whether it's being bankrolled by the Spanish government or petrodollars, pumping money into clubs every year in order for them to compete isn't sustainable.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
lol dos santos

Why is Song on set piece duty?! :rofl: Manager must have seen those two assists for RVC and now thinks he can do it consistently!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278

Sounding like Mou and all that little horse bull****!! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gottahaveit
You spent more than £100m last summer and then have already spent £60m on two world class signings this year.

Your whole 'Chelsea are not ready' agenda is bull****. Mourinho should have been sacked based on last season and Roman's past record.

They made £90m back tbf
Original post by Stalin
Aside from a brand new stadium, with state of the art facilities, huge cash reserves, promising youth, CL football since the dawn of mankind, and, ultimately, a sustainable club.

There's nothing special about Real, Chelsea, PSG, City, et cetera. Whether it's being bankrolled by the Spanish government or petrodollars, pumping money into clubs every year in order for them to compete isn't sustainable.

The youth team is ****

Cash reserves are the hard work of Ivan gazidis

4th place what an achievement with some of the teams he's had

Latest