The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stalin
It's not as if we were in a position to keep him, though. He doesn't fancy benching it anymore and isn't going to start ahead of Mert or Kos - so see ya!

why? just let him sit on the bench another season and he can go on a free next season, letting him go this season means we need 2 CBs this window now.
Honestly you should just stop giving the captaincy out to your best players.

If you guys knew what was good for you you'd give it to Arteta.
Original post by Stalin
It's not as if we were in a position to keep him, though. He doesn't fancy benching it anymore and isn't going to start ahead of Mert or Kos - so see ya!

However, I agree entirely with those of you who believe we are mugs for letting him go to Utd.

Yeah but the problem is you won't find many good covering CB's who are happy to sit on the bench to begin with. Like you might get a CB who is calm with being that but that CB will be someone like Djourou. :mmm:
abou diaby for captain
May as well get some money for him.

We need a young and promising CB anyway, and buying a veteran, like Demichelis, is hardly going to be the toughest bit of business this summer. I'm sure there are tonnes of guys getting on a bit around Europe who wouldn't mind living in London for a year or two and sitting on the bench at the Emirates.

I'll do it for free, tbh.
Mertesacker for captain but most likely Arteta will get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our captain has to be in our starting XI - Arteta isn't.

It has to be Per.
Original post by Stalin
Our captain has to be in our starting XI - Arteta isn't.It has to be Per.
Well Vermaelen wasn't in our starting XI. And I wouldn't bet against us starting Arteta next season :lol:
This transfer window has really turned into the worse so farI really hope Wengar has some sort of a mega plan because I really don't see how else he'd excuse Cesc/Vermaelan/Sagna all leaving to rivals and now potentially Cazorla going to Atletico
Original post by Stalin
May as well get some money for him. We need a young and promising CB anyway, and buying a veteran, like Demichelis, is hardly going to be the toughest bit of business this summer. I'm sure there are tonnes of guys getting on a bit around Europe who wouldn't mind living in London for a year or two and sitting on the bench at the Emirates.I'll do it for free, tbh.
Demichelis is risky. He costed them the FA cup and pretty much the CL too. He's been quite a liability most of the season but I won't deny that he has improved a lot near to the end of it.
Original post by AR_95
Well Vermaelen wasn't in our starting XI.

Because he's been at the club for a while and is a leader. But no major clubs around Europe have their captain on the bench for an entire season - he has to be starting.

Per's got it in the bag. Silly amount of caps for Germany, he's massive and is the closest thing to a leader we have in our squad.

And I wouldn't bet against us starting Arteta next season :lol:

Arteta needs to **** off and do his coaching badges.

But yeah, Arteta-Flamini will be the heart of our team next season. FML.
Original post by Stalin
Because he's been at the club for a while and is a leader. But no major clubs around Europe have their captain on the bench for an entire season - he has to be starting. Per's got it in the bag. Silly amount of caps for Germany, he's massive and is the closest thing to a leader we have in our squad. Arteta needs to **** off and do his coaching badges.But yeah, Arteta-Flamini will be the heart of our team next season. FML.
It's not so bad if Ramsey can keep fit. Arteta Ramsey has been ok at times. Not saying we should go with it though
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Captain Mert definitely. Arteta can't lead for ****.
Original post by Mr.Messy
Yeah but the problem is you won't find many good covering CB's who are happy to sit on the bench to begin with. Like you might get a CB who is calm with being that but that CB will be someone like Djourou. :mmm:

is that ronaldo's girl in your sig

my gawd :coma:
Original post by Thugnificent.

Captain Mert definitely. Arteta can't lead for ****.

I think Arsenal should learn from the fact their previous captains all leave Arsenal to not make one of their best players the captain.
Original post by jam278
I think Arsenal should learn from the fact their previous captains all leave Arsenal to not make one of their best players the captain.

Where's Mr. Dench when you need him?
Rumours of Falcao on the transfer market for 60m euros (47mil pounds). We should get him!
man like sanogo got a vogue fashion shoot in the mornin so he cant be havin a ball hit his face doe.
Inside the emirates there's this wall I always walk past which has photos of all our previous captains. And I literally just shake my head as I walk past it seeing all of our recent ones. RVP, Cesc, Gallas, Vieira and now possibly Vermaelen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8099
Original post by AR_95
Rumours of Falcao on the transfer market for 60m euros (47mil pounds). We should get him!

Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest