The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Does somebody know the answers to the tissue fluid questions? I think I got them but just want to check :smile:
Original post by Kattkin
What did the diving question have to do with? I think I got all the stuff about pressure and resurfacing slowly ect but it felt more like the other sciences than biology. Weiird... It doesn't fit in with anything I revised??

I put in about nanotechnology in her wetsuit to block off the air or whatever as well as explaining why she would get pain and damage from the first source using the 2nd source, I didn't put in the slowly ascend part because it felt like chemistry but now I regret it :frown: the point about nanotechnology and clay nanoparticles I think is wrong however as no-one else has put it so I'm hoping for 3/4 marks on this
The last 2 six-markers got me confused..but I put:

Insecticides
~ Killing an organism may affect organisms that feed on it
~ These organisms may then become extinct
~ It may lead to bioaccumulation
~ It could poison humans if it is on their food

Diving
~ Further she goes = lower pressure = more bubbles of air in blood
~ These bubbles may cause pain and damage
~ She should rise slowly (like the fizzy water) so that the impact is minimal
~ She could breathe more slowly to make sure the concentration of oxygen in her blood is fairly low and constant

:confused::colondollar:
I put automatic system for glasshouse, I just guessed.
What did everyone tick for the last two tick box questions?
Original post by JazzyT17
I put automatic system for glasshouse, I just guessed.

thats what i put as well... Someone mentioned about negative feedback? :/
Original post by shivani210598
thats what i put as well... Someone mentioned about negative feedback? :/

Yeah I don't think it is negative feedback because processing centre effector that sort of stuff isn't B7 unless it's related to body temperature but you never know they may be right :smile: How many marks was it?
I got that wrong too! Someone mentioned Homeostasis which it probably is..
I'm pretty sure it was negative feedback
Reply 1969
Original post by olmyster911
I'm pretty sure it was negative feedback

I put negative feedback :smile:
That paper didn't cover anything to do with muscles or the heart tbh.. quite disappointed :frown:
What was the capillary question? I thought it was easy apart from the diver question
It asked about how tissue fluid was formed, and why is it essential I believe..
It was a good paper in general, but there were a few "iffy" questions. Like was the experiment in a greenhouse closed loop or open looped? And what conclusions could you make about the two people in the diabetes question? The last 6 marker at the time was dodgy because there was barely any science you could include? Hopefully I did enough for an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scepticism
It asked about how tissue fluid was formed, and why is it essential I believe..

And naming the process it carries out - Diffusion
Was the answer for that Open Loop system? PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS.. crossed out closed loop as you'd require water..
Original post by DDan123
It was a good paper in general, but there were a few "iffy" questions. Like was the experiment in a greenhouse closed loop or open looped? And what conclusions could you make about the two people in the diabetes question? The last 6 marker at the time was dodgy because there was barely any science you could include? Hopefully I did enough for an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a diabetes question?!
Was the boys experiment closed loop or open loop and what did you write about the seed production and whom was right or wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fishhy34
Was the boys experiment closed loop or open loop and what did you write about the seed production and whom was right or wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote open loop becuase the glass house get it's sunlight from outside ecosystem which means it isn't a close loop system
Original post by JazzyT17
There was a diabetes question?!

No, Whoops! It was about glucose levels but for some reason I immediately thought of diabetes lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending