The Student Room Group

Why is every possible career path boring?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trihawk7
He got banned :hahaha:

:biggrin:
Original post by Friendly Liberal
Lol. :giggle:

I'm probably next

Why, I'll get a warning :eek:

Original post by universal_set

Why, I'll get a warning :eek:

Cuz ma threads are written in trollish. :biggrin:
Original post by dire wolf
agree. he'd have a better chance of getting the type of job that he wants if he had a stem degree under his belt, tho.

To be a carpenter/Kitchen Fitter? No. You need a vocational qualification and experience through either getting an apprenticeship or just getting the job and learning on the job.

Ah
People who learn kitchen fitting makes more money than someone sitting in front of a computer so is gas technician, plumber or electrician. Someone came the other day to fix ac, took him 20 min and charged 100 pounds.
Original post by DiddyDec
To be a carpenter/Kitchen Fitter? No. You need a vocational qualification and experience through either getting an apprenticeship or just getting the job and learning on the job.

bsc in materials science/civil engineering*

bsc in materials science/civil engineering*

This is kitchen fitting and carpentry we are talking about, not big building projects. There are two options here, go to uni and amass £36,000 or more worth of debt before you even get a job. Or get a job.
agree. he'd have a better chance of getting the type of job that he wants if he had a stem degree under his belt, tho.

A successful society requires people from almost all professions. If everyone is civil engineer then who will give us medical treatment or who will clean our roads?
This is kitchen fitting and carpentry we are talking about, not big building projects. There are two options here, go to uni and amass £36,000 or more worth of debt before you even get a job. Or get a job.

I suppose you like the idea of starting at the bottom or something
I suppose you like the idea of starting at the bottom or something

i like the idea of not being in debt. Doing Civil engineering is not going to help you to hang a door or fit a kitchen. It isn't a necessity in that line of work. So why bother putting yourself in debt if you don't need to?
i like the idea of not being in debt. Doing Civil engineering is not going to help you to hang a door or fit a kitchen. It isn't a necessity in that line of work. So why bother putting yourself in debt if you don't need to?

lets you start on £100k a year instead of £25k
Original post by CrawfordRolex
No I do not own a Rolex.

I own Rolexes.

?????

I guess it is called an investment which involves time, cost & effort. In the end, some investments offer best interest rates and some gives less :smile:
?????

More like he's pirating photoshop and downloading it as we speak
More like he's pirating photoshop and downloading it as we speak

Hahahaha.....
lets you start on £100k a year instead of £25k

This guy wants to fit kitchen or carpentry, he isn't going to get £100k a year from that anyway. I can see the point if you want to be an engineer, but otherwise it is pointless.

I guess it is called an investment which involves time, cost & effort. In the end, some investments offer best interest rates and some gives less :smile:

I am well aware of the investment, I am currently at uni. With an estimated debt upon leaving of about £40k, however I cannot easily become a chartered surveyor without this qualification so it is a necessary evil. Although I do love Uni more than anything.
There's the old saying that only boring people get bored. Not strictly true in the literal sense, however a career is very much what you make of it.
For example,

2.jpg

1.jpg

Wembley Market?

Quick Reply

Latest