The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Freshers' Week question

Hey! How's it going? I've recently confirmed my place at this university and I'm really looking forward to meeting y'all there! Coincidentally, a few days after I arrive in Scotland (I'm from a Spanish archipelago), one of my favourite bands (Anathema) are going to play a concert in Glasgow's O2 venue.

It's a great opportunity for me as I've never been able to go to a big concert since the island where I live is ignored by every major act.

Well, sorry for the long thread :tongue:, my question is: does someone know the, let's call it 'timetable' for Freshers' Week?

Is something interesting happening on Sunday 21st September? ('cause that's the concert date)

PS: Is someone going to the concert too?
Reply 1
Hey, I recently confirmed my place at Glasgow to study public policy and Spanish. I received an email through with a timetable for freshers, so here is the plan for September
The table below provides details of key actions and dates that you need to be aware of as you prepare to join the University in September.

Freshers Week:
September 15th 19th
As well as social events, important induction sessions take place during this week. It is important that you are in Glasgow for the whole of Freshers Week - so if you are arriving from outside Glasgow, please ensure that you have accommodation booked from before the 15th September and arrive by that date.

Semester Dates
Semester 1: 22 September 2014 to 19 December 2014
Semester 2: 12 January 2015 to 29 May 2015
Fees and Fee Status
As a Scottish/European Union fee payer
your tuition fees for the Academic Year 2014-15 will be
£ 1,820.00

If your fee status has been confirmed as Scottish or European Union, you are entitled to apply to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland for help with your fees. You can also find more information about funding on this site.
http://www.saas.gov.uk

Registering for your course
In August you will receive an email explaining how to register online for your University course using the University's MyGlasgow website. The email will provide you with your personal login details and the website URL (when you log in you will be asked to reset your password). We will use the email address you provided to UCAS so please make sure it is correct.

Induction and Orientation
Over the summer you will receive additional communications from your course convenors advising you about induction and orientation events which are specific to your chosen course, so make sure to check your emails regularly!

University Accommodation
You can apply for University accommodation online at www.gla.ac.uk/services/residentialservices and we strongly recommend that you do so by 22 August. If you apply after this date, we are not able to guarantee an offer of accommodation because of high demand. Residential Services will acknowledge your application electronically so please ensure that you check your emails regularly.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by framacia
Hey! How's it going? I've recently confirmed my place at this university and I'm really looking forward to meeting y'all there! Coincidentally, a few days after I arrive in Scotland (I'm from a Spanish archipelago), one of my favourite bands (Anathema) are going to play a concert in Glasgow's O2 venue.

It's a great opportunity for me as I've never been able to go to a big concert since the island where I live is ignored by every major act.

Well, sorry for the long thread :tongue:, my question is: does someone know the, let's call it 'timetable' for Freshers' Week?

Is something interesting happening on Sunday 21st September? ('cause that's the concert date)

PS: Is someone going to the concert too?

Here you go.

http://freshersweek.glasgowstudent.net/events/calendar/
Reply 3
Original post by LucyHF94
Hey, I recently confirmed my place at Glasgow to study public policy and Spanish. I received an email through with a timetable for freshers, so here is the plan for September
The table below provides details of key actions and dates that you need to be aware of as you prepare to join the University in September.

Freshers Week:
September 15th 19th
As well as social events, important induction sessions take place during this week. It is important that you are in Glasgow for the whole of Freshers Week - so if you are arriving from outside Glasgow, please ensure that you have accommodation booked from before the 15th September and arrive by that date.

Semester Dates
Semester 1: 22 September 2014 to 19 December 2014
Semester 2: 12 January 2015 to 29 May 2015
Fees and Fee Status
As a Scottish/European Union fee payer
your tuition fees for the Academic Year 2014-15 will be
£ 1,820.00

If your fee status has been confirmed as Scottish or European Union, you are entitled to apply to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland for help with your fees. You can also find more information about funding on this site.
http://www.saas.gov.uk

Registering for your course
In August you will receive an email explaining how to register online for your University course using the University's MyGlasgow website. The email will provide you with your personal login details and the website URL (when you log in you will be asked to reset your password). We will use the email address you provided to UCAS so please make sure it is correct.

Induction and Orientation
Over the summer you will receive additional communications from your course convenors advising you about induction and orientation events which are specific to your chosen course, so make sure to check your emails regularly!

University Accommodation
You can apply for University accommodation online at www.gla.ac.uk/services/residentialservices and we strongly recommend that you do so by 22 August. If you apply after this date, we are not able to guarantee an offer of accommodation because of high demand. Residential Services will acknowledge your application electronically so please ensure that you check your emails regularly.

Thank you both! And congratulations Lucy for getting into Glasgow, I hope you'll have fun learning my language lol

Looking forward to meeting y'all next September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending