The Student Room Group

Is my GF cheating on me ...?

Last night my GF and I were texting. She sent me a message telling me she was going to sleep, so I said goonight.

40 mins or so later I get a text from her saying "Take it off!!!" ... I reply "Take what off?" and she doesn't reply till this morning.

I don't know what's up.

She said it has happened before that she sends people things when sh'es half asleep ... but I just don't get it, and it sounds fishy.

What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds dodgy to me. Ditch her.
No point in asking us. We can't help you. We can only come up with scenarios that may or may not even remotely be true. Just ask her. Anyway, 'take it off' can mean a lot of things.
Could just be playing mind games with you, idk.
Reply 4
Sounds pretty weird. Does she have a lock on her phone? If it's one of those complicated ones I'd call phoney on her excuse. You can only ask her though. Does she do it to you or is this the only time its happened to you, as she claims shes messaged other people???
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by melinae
Sounds pretty weird. Does she have a lock on her phone? If it's one of those complicated ones I'd call phoney on her excuse. You can only ask her though. Does she do it to you or is this the only time its happened to you, as she claims shes messaged other people???

She's got an HTC ... the one where you have to press a button then slide up to unlock.

It's the first time it's happened to me, but apparently , from her, she does it often with her friends.
Reply 6
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
No point in asking us. We can't help you. We can only come up with scenarios that may or may not even remotely be true. Just ask her. Anyway, 'take it off' can mean a lot of things.

I know ... it could mean clothes, it could have meant a Facebook status or a picture ...

But that's not the point is it? ... the point is: why would she send it to me 40 mins after telling me she's tired and going to sleep??
The fact she said she's going to sleep means nothing - people often use that to end even perfectly nice conversations.

As to the text itself, it sounds mildly suspicious, but there are a LOT of possible explanations. If she was trying to cover something up she probably would have replied immediately, too, rather than let you sleep on it.

I reckon it gives you the right to investigate a little quietly, but I wouldn't break up or start an argument over it.
Reply 8
Original post by Michael!
Sounds dodgy to me. Ditch her.

I want to be 100% certain before ..
That could easily be something to do with like a facebook picture, some real life object... what did she say in her reply?

I wouldn't get too concerned over this unless there's other reasons to think shes cheating. It really doesn't mean very much.
sorry OP she meant to text that to me and she was talking about my trousers

is that what you want to hear or...?
Tis possible shes tellin the truth

My cousin has that, she sends the most wierdest and funniest msgs wen shrs sleepin, she sometimes evrb sleep walks and unlocks the house door! :wink:
Original post by Octohedral
The fact she said she's going to sleep means nothing - people often use that to end even perfectly nice conversations.

As to the text itself, it sounds mildly suspicious, but there are a LOT of possible explanations. If she was trying to cover something up she probably would have replied immediately, too, rather than let you sleep on it.

I reckon it gives you the right to investigate a little quietly, but I wouldn't break up or start an argument over it.

Well she somehow guess I was thinking she was cheating on me ... she told me I have nothing to fear because she'd be a massive hypocrite if she was ... because she hates cheaters ...

I need to know how (this is her excuse) that she managed to send "Take it off!!!" to me whilst half asleep, when her HTC phone is unlocked by a click of a button and sliding up on the screen?
Original post by Bulbasaur
That could easily be something to do with like a facebook picture, some real life object... what did she say in her reply?

I wouldn't get too concerned over this unless there's other reasons to think shes cheating. It really doesn't mean very much.

She didn't answer my reply to the "Take it off!!!" till this morning ... She said "I don't know why I sent it, it's happened before, I've sent random texts to my friends" .... I hope she's telling the truth, because I really love, care and trust her.
Original post by Anonymous
I know ... it could mean clothes, it could have meant a Facebook status or a picture ...

But that's not the point is it? ... the point is: why would she send it to me 40 mins after telling me she's tired and going to sleep??

Could be a lot of reasons for that as well. :redface: Just ask her.
"Take it off" could be different in many contexts matey, don't jump to conclusions unless you have more evidence lol
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Could be a lot of reasons for that as well. :redface: Just ask her.

A lot of reasons? Name me 5.
Nick her phone and go through it, it's your right as her boyfriend.
Last night my GF and I were texting. She sent me a message telling me she was going to sleep, so I said goonight.

40 mins or so later I get a text from her saying "Take it off!!!" ... I reply "Take what off?" and she doesn't reply till this morning.

I don't know what's up.

She said it has happened before that she sends people things when sh'es half asleep ... but I just don't get it, and it sounds fishy.

What do you guys think?

Dump & Run!
A lot of reasons? Name me 5.

1. Couldn't sleep.
2. Needed the toilet.
3. Someone woke her up.
4. Didn't hit the bed until then because she was busy doing something important.
5. Her phone died, then 40 mins later, she gave you a text, then it died again. Lol. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending