The Student Room Group

evidence of personal development

if you see this in a healthcare job application what exactly is it referring to. Is it just training you might have enrolled yourself for or something I am slightly confused :redface:

it's quite important as it says it is 'essential ' for the role
Original post by CasualSoul
if you see this in a healthcare job application what exactly is it referring to. Is it just training you might have enrolled yourself for or something I am slightly confused :redface:

it's quite important as it says it is 'essential ' for the role

I would think it is either extra training, or a situation in which you have faced a problem and what you have done to overcome that problem and improve yourself - hence developing yourself for the better. Essentially, it's identifying the problem, the method used to overcome the problem, and what you now do without the problem (i.e. increased marginal product of labour).

It probably says it's "essential" as it wants to know how you would adapt and develop in the job :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MalteseMalteser
I would think it is either extra training, or a situation in which you have faced a problem and what you have done to overcome that problem and improve yourself - hence developing yourself for the better. Essentially, it's identifying the problem, the method used to overcome the problem, and what you now do without the problem (i.e. increased marginal product of labour).

It probably says it's "essential" as it wants to know how you would adapt and develop in the job :smile:

Is it career related? Or can you include things like fitness goals or something? (I know that sounds silly)
Original post by MJ1012
Is it career related? Or can you include things like fitness goals or something? (I know that sounds silly)

I think they would prefer it to be careers-related, however I would guess that if you've got no career experience then something fitness-related would be acceptable as a substitute.
Reply 4
I think they would prefer it to be careers-related, however I would guess that if you've got no career experience then something fitness-related would be acceptable as a substitute.

Ok. Just wondering if it was more skills based or personality? Like if you said I wanted to lose a load of weight and I did, it shows discipline, hard work, ambition, motivation etc.
Original post by MJ1012
Ok. Just wondering if it was more skills based or personality? Like if you said I wanted to lose a load of weight and I did, it shows discipline, hard work, ambition, motivation etc.

Aye, indeed it does. It'd be a good thing to do, however that can be seen to be an "unprofessional" environment as it is outside of work, and therefore they might prefer something in a more careers-orientated environment (e.g. promotions, added extra responsibilities etc.)
Reply 6
Aye, indeed it does. It'd be a good thing to do, however that can be seen to be an "unprofessional" environment as it is outside of work, and therefore they might prefer something in a more careers-orientated environment (e.g. promotions, added extra responsibilities etc.)

Ok, thanks. I thought I'd try and clarify, so just in case it comes up they're not going "wtf is this kid on about."
Original post by MJ1012
Ok, thanks. I thought I'd try and clarify, so just in case it comes up they're not going "wtf is this kid on about."

Nahh it's okay. If they haven't specified something along the lines of "in your career" then it should be alright :smile:
Reply 8

Thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending