The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty_mad

They had far more chances in the game
Original post by Kruz
Cesc Fabregas is far from an Arsenal Legend....

8 years of top class service to the club. He's the reason we have money to spend on the likes of Sanchez, ozil etc now I think he's an arsenal legend
Original post by baconbutty
I don't give a rats ass who you think is kidding who the fact of the matter is I'm a fully fledged ****ing gunner

Do I respect chelsea and city? Yes

Do I hate van persie, fabregas etc for moving on to better things? No I ****ing don't I was happy van persie won a pl title if any arsenal player deserved it it was him.

Fabregas is an arsenal legend and if I hear any fans give him **** at the emirates I'm gonna bash some ****ing skulls in

Haha, how can you say Fabregas is a legend. He was a quality player for us, but he captained us and was the heart of the team during our most unsuccessful era. You can't get legendary status that way. I don't doubt for one minute his contribution to the team and his ability but I'm not gonna get sentimental.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, how can you say Fabregas is a legend. He was a quality player for us, but he captained us and was the heart of the team during our most unsuccessful era. You can't get legendary status that way. I don't doubt for one minute his contribution to the team and his ability but I'm not gonna get sentimental.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because he was the reason the emirates project succeeded there is no ****ing way we'd of stayed top 4 without him. One of our best midfielders ever got a lot of time for him
Because he was the reason the emirates project succeeded there is no ****ing way we'd of stayed top 4 without him. One of our best midfielders ever got a lot of time for him

We stayed in the top four the three years after he left and even finished third once. As I said, I don't doubt his credentials but I'm not prepared to shower him with legendary status.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We stayed in the top four the three years after he left and even finished third once. As I said, I don't doubt his credentials but I'm not prepared to shower him with legendary status.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he wasn't here there was honestly no ****ing way we would of finished in the top 4. The year after he left we got ridiculously lucky that spurs and chelsea collapsed and van persie stayed fit all season and the 2 years after that is because we've built a better squad
If he wasn't here there was honestly no ****ing way we would of finished in the top 4. The year after he left we got ridiculously lucky that spurs and chelsea collapsed and van persie stayed fit all season and the 2 years after that is because we've built a better squad

Honestly, you're chatting a load of **** now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alittlehelp
It's definitely not totally wrong, everything you've mentioned here is something Ozil is having to do.

If you don't know the difference between playing football in europe after playing in brazil and playing in europe then you're totally wrong too.

Neymar was always going to have an average season, he's primarily playing in a counter attacking system for Brazil where he has space to play(even in this tournament you see that happening) while for Barca he's constantly facing parked buses and trying to thread through tight defences who are of a much higher/tactical level than a lot of the international teams and most teams in brazil.
Original post by qua

What made you chage your mind then? Last time we were discussing him you argued that the way Tata used him on the wing was getting the best/most out of him.

Also don't see how Alexis seems like that kind of player, AW has been interested in him for a long time even when he didn't need a striker, so I think it's more a case of - player becomes available - snatch him!, like in Özil's case. Don't think it's a question of "forward or Alexis" either, didn't really expect AW to go all out for an expensive top striker anyway (not like there are many available) so buying Alexis doesn't necessarily change anything in that regard.

Watched Chile vs Brazil, Sanchez had a boss game, drops deep, helps out the midfield, has a good work rate and linked up with the striker and midfielders well. Felt like he was the main way(other than the wing backs) that Chile actually got up the pitch.

He had a very good game as the creative spark in the middle. I think the way Tata used him on the wing did help, possibly due to the wingers getting more of the ball, more touches of the ball means more chances to actually create and score goals. Rather than passing to Messi at every opportunity hoping for a moment of magic, which was what I watched under Tito. Regardless, Messi is probably a problem for Sanchez, Sanchez isn't a runner, he's a creator. He'll just be an fast upgrade on Cazorla, but again I have problems with Arsenals formation on the left so I'm not worried in the slightest about them getting him. If they got a Ribery type player who can run to the byline on the left and actually feed Giroud crosses as well as cutting in helping with play I'd be a bit more worried about the signing.

Also doubt they'll get a DM this summer. Honestly he's going to try and fit Jack Wilshere in the first team somewhere.
(edited 9 years ago)
Honestly, you're chatting a load of **** now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what way? are you ****ing serious our entire top 4 hopes in 11/12 were dependant on our striker having his first fully fit season in like 8 years. Fabregas was the difference in the top 4 trophy for a few years and don't spew some *******s like we would of got it anyway because there was no ****ing way we would he was irreplaceable at the time
Normally I wouldn't see the point of wasting so much space about this whole butty topic but as long as it's getting us to the end of the thread faster I don't mind :lol:

Also, 3 more days till the kit unveiling :biggrin:
Who honesty gives a **** about a kit unveiling same goes for singing the national anthem *******s how about u go watch the voice or gok wans fashion fix

**** sake
In what way? are you ****ing serious our entire top 4 hopes in 11/12 were dependant on our striker having his first fully fit season in like 8 years. Fabregas was the difference in the top 4 trophy for a few years and don't spew some *******s like we would of got it anyway because there was no ****ing way we would he was irreplaceable at the time

Can you ever put a point across without swearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Can you ever put a point across without swearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe but I know I'm seen as the tough guy alpha male in this thread so I like to play up to it
Maybe but I know I'm seen as the tough guy alpha male in this thread so I like to play up to it

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

legend
Reply 9574
BaconButty is being unfairly attacked as usual. Just leave him alone guys he's pretty much spot on everything he's said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
BaconButty is being unfairly attacked as usual. Just leave him alone guys he's pretty much spot on everything he's said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So he's the alpha male of this thread now? :lol:

Didn't know we were talking about apes
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 9577
So I get called out for attacking the system. It's fairly obvious who the mods lapdogs are isn't it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope Sanchez gets confirmed soon, he is better than all our other forward options. Plus we can enjoy liverpool fans' disappointment.
Original post by alittlehelp
It's definitely not totally wrong, everything you've mentioned here is something Ozil is having to do.

Ozil's acclimatising to a new continent is he?

Latest