The Student Room Group

I still wet the bed ask me anything?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILovePancakes
Do you wear pampers pull ups? Or does your mother still change you?

Mean but :lol:

Original post by RedArrow
Just want to say the avatar is not fat as you are

Wtf? Was there any need for that?
Reply 21
Original post by ConnorRed
Only when I was younger and had bad diarrhea. Its not a regular thing, it only happened once. Have you?

Can't remember ever having done it...
Original post by Holby_fanatic
On the off chance that he's actually serious though, don't you think he may perceive that to be hurtful? You wouldn't like it if you had no control over your bladder for reasons beyond your control and someone makes a 'joke' like that. It's just rude.

This was never going to be serious. You don't start an 'ask me anything' thread by stating that you wet yourself every night in the title and expect serious answers. If I had even slightly suspected this was serious I wouldn't have made such a comment.
Have you ever woken up and just been lying in a pool of urine? If so, what was your initial reaction, and how did you deal with it?

In addition, when you get your parents to wash your bed sheets, what do you tell them happened?
(edited 9 years ago)
This was never going to be serious. You don't start an 'ask me anything' thread by stating that you wet yourself every night in the title and expect serious answers. If I had even slightly suspected this was serious I wouldn't have made such a comment.

I still don't think such comments were necessary. People who may actually piss the bed at night might look at this. Have some common sense. If he'd started it with, "I was born with no legs, ask me anything", you wouldn't have posted a question like, "Do you shuffle to get from A to B?"
I still don't think such comments were necessary. People who may actually piss the bed at night might look at this. Have some common sense. If he'd started it with, "I was born with no legs, ask me anything", you wouldn't have posted a question like, "Do you shuffle to get from A to B?"

Do they though?

That's because the chance of someone starting one of these and being born with no legs is far more likely to be serious than someone saying that they wet the bed. I'd expect that people who might piss themselves would have the 'common sense' to realise that I was joking and by no means was trying to insult them.

What do you want? An apology?

I am sorry for being mean.
Reply 27

Can I just clarify that this is serious. I for obvious reasons cannot talk about it with friends because I may end up being bullied at school or just made fun of. I came to TSR to talk about many things that I couldn't normally talk about without being judged, the first of which was that I wet the bed and have done all my life.
Reply 28

Oh gaaaad. Comedy humour outweighed any negative consequence..

/discussion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
Do they though?

I wouldn't know. They might do. Or they may use a wheelchair. Can't say I've ever wanted to know so I haven't done any research into it. Sorry.

That's because the chance of someone starting one of these and being born with no legs is far more likely to be serious than someone saying that they wet the bed. I'd expect that people who might piss themselves would have the 'common sense' to realise that I was joking and by no means was trying to insult them.

What do you want? An apology?

I am sorry for being mean.

Because people who wet the bed before the age of 80 are joking, aren't they? There was a 19 year old who went on Embarrassing Bodies when it was a problem for her day and night. I know someone who has literally had the problem from as long as they can remember. It's a mortifying thing for these people (though I really don't know why the 19 year old went on the programme if she was so embarrassed...) so yes, it was insulting, whether you meant it or not. Maybe think a little next time.
Original post by Ggmu!
Oh gaaaad. Comedy humour outweighed any negative consequence..

/discussion

Posted from TSR Mobile

I immediately saw it as a mean thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Reply 31
Original post by EatAndRevise
Have you ever woken up and just been lying in a pool of urine? If so, what was your initial reaction, and how did you did with it?

In addition, when you get your parents to wash your bed sheets, what do you tell them happened?

My parents know that I wet the bed. As I said I wear drynites so they normally contain the urine but yes on occasion J have woken up in a wet bed because they have leaked. I just strip the sheet and put a new one on then explain to my parents that they leaked.
Reply 32
I immediately saw it as a mean thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Need to relax.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Need to relax.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too uptight for my own good. That's not going to change any time soon.
Reply 34
Too uptight for my own good. That's not going to change any time soon.

I would offer sound advice but it's against TSR rules :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Mean but :lol:

Wtf? Was there any need for that?

Why was the reaction to the first comment you quoting mean but funny, but the second comment a no go?

Why the double standard?
Original post by Ggmu!
I would offer sound advice but it's against TSR rules :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha! I got what you were hinting at, don't worry.
Reply 37
Original post by Mad Vlad
Are you receiving treatment for your condition?

Thanks for a decent question. Yes, I go to a special clinic about once a month to check my progress. Their are several different treatments and its really trial and error. For ages I had an alarm that would seance when I started to wee and would then go off. I used this for about 6 months but it didn't work, I would rearly wake up. I did also try the drug Desmopressin. This did stop accidents for a while bit the side effects were bad on me and its not really a long term fix.
Reply 38
Original post by ConnorRed
No my mother does not still change me. Neither do I wear pampers pull ups. I wear huggies drynites that I put on and take of myself.

Were you in bed when you started this thread and are you wearing them now?
Original post by RedArrow
Just want to say the avatar is not fat as you are

How do you know she is fat?

Quick Reply

Latest