The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I reckon united will knock liverpool out of the top 4.
It's criminal to suggest that Utd won't make top 4: they have no European distraction. LVG will play a 5-3-2, OT will become the fortress it used to be, RVP will be even better, Fellaini will be just as pants, and Utd will finish in the top 3.
Reply 9702
First sport team in UK to have 4 million followers on twitter. Definitely irrefutable evidence there that we're the biggest sporting team in UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stalin
It's criminal to suggest that Utd won't make top 4: they have no European distraction. LVG will play a 5-3-2, OT will become the fortress it used to be, RVP will be even better, Fellaini will be just as pants, and Utd will finish in the top 3.

absolute nonsense, plays this atm for Holland for the first time due to injuries and a severe imbalance in attacking/defensive quality.

he will play 4-2-3-1 or some similar variant thereof
Original post by Stalin

5-3-2 when you have 3 CBs in the squad? Lol.

Apart from RVP, Mata, Rooney, De Gea and Rafael Uniteds squad is dire. And even then you can't play the first 3 at once without a massive imbalance. :lol:

And to Kruz, no I don't think they will. Herrera is decent, but nothing special, Shaw is one for the future but too raw right now. And apart from that they've not changed anything except their star players are a year older. LVG is a good manager but not the second coming of Jesus like some United fans think he is. He's very controversial and outspoken which could easily backfire just as much as it could work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
First sport team in UK to have 4 million followers on twitter. Definitely irrefutable evidence there that we're the biggest sporting team in UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool, Arsenal fans own the internet. Anyone who says anything sideways about us has gooners in their mentions for days! I almost feel sorry for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91

Apart from RVP, Mata, Rooney, De Gea and Rafael Uniteds squad is dire. And even then you can't play the first 3 at once without a massive imbalance. :lol:

And to Kruz, no I don't think they will. Herrera is decent, but nothing special, Shaw is one for the future but too raw right now. And apart from that they've not changed anything except their star players are a year older. LVG is a good manager but not the second coming of Jesus like some United fans think he is. He's very controversial and outspoken which could easily backfire just as much as it could work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah this. Honestly not scared of United at all. They have less games but in reality their defence needs to be sorted, their midfield is still atrocious even with the herrera signing.

LVG depends anyway, we all remember his first time at Barca was a success but the second time he left them a few points above the relegation zone by January.

Original post by Peggles_*
Lool, Arsenal fans own the internet. Anyone who says anything sideways about us has gooners in their mentions for days! I almost feel sorry for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right. Arsenal are the best club in the world <3
They own English football and it is their inalienable right to win everything, anything other than that is down to a conspiracy, like Liverpool not winning their PL title.
Original post by Zürich
absolute nonsense, plays this atm for Holland for the first time due to injuries and a severe imbalance in attacking/defensive quality.

he will play 4-2-3-1 or some similar variant thereof

Yup, he'll probably go and do 4-4-1-1 anyway. Looking at his bayern days and even at holland, he is a fan of fast wingers, so rather than play Mata on the right he'll play him in the middle, same with Kags.
Hope we win the league or the champions league this year the FA cup is all well and good but let's be honest it's a bit of a Mickey Mouse cup. European success would be special but I think I'd rather win the league. With our current transfer activity and reported targets it's unlikely though
Original post by Peggles_*

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know Sam Wallace the Journalist for the Independent. I remember when AVB's Tottenham side beat us back 2012/13 season. He made an article saying we're finished. Still to this day Arsenal fans are still in his mentions about an article he wrote a year ago :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah LVG's a weird one he tends to do well in his first season then the other season don't turn out so well. 2009-10 he did well finish the season with the double. Next season he was not very good and Bayern ended up finishing 3rd. So it'll be interesting to see how he'll be at Man Utd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Yeah LVG's a weird one he tends to do well in his first season then the other season don't turn out so well. 2009-10 he did well finish the season with the double. Next season he was not very good and Bayern ended up finishing 3rd. So it'll be interesting to see how he'll be at Man Utd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

His first season at his second stint at Barca they were a few points above the relegation zone.
Reply 9712
Original post by sevchenko
You got a problem with my post brah?

Just wanted someone to explain the diagram comparing the 2 strikers. However you want to dress it up Giroud really isn't good enough to lead the line for a title challenging club. You NEED a striker, it's really that simple. It's like when we bought Obertan the season after Ronaldo left. If Giroud is leading the line you finish 4th. Quote me if you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9713
I've read in multiple places now that we're closing in on a "triple swoop" of Bender, Sanchez & Debuchy. £60m

Imagine :O
Original post by SHOO
I've read in multiple places now that we're closing in on a "triple swoop" of Bender, Sanchez & Debuchy. £60m

How many of them would start for city though
Original post by SHOO

Meh, 60m is fair enough, decent players.
I assume it's most of your budget though (don't you have about 100m?).
So you better hope they hit the ground running if you got them.
Reply 9716
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Meh, 60m is fair enough, decent players.
I assume it's most of your budget though (don't you have about 100m?).
So you better hope they hit the ground running if you got them.

And still no striker. Lul.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alexis Sanchez is pretty much a done deal considering Juventus have withdrew any interest they initially had (they were never going to meet asking price/personal terms so not sure why they even bothered).
Original post by little_tom
Alexis Sanchez is pretty much a done deal considering Juventus have withdrew any interest they initially had (they were never going to meet asking price/personal terms so not sure why they even bothered).

Sauwce?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the Italian media outlets reporting it.

Latest