The Student Room Group

What career do you intend to go into and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophie !
Okay, thanks! :smile: Well my favourite subject is languages, but one idea was being a GP and I don't know how languages could be incorporated into this…

Posted from TSR Mobile
you considered translations if u like it, and also what do u like about the idea of gp?
Nice! :smile: What do you think of teaching at secondary or primary schools? What's your YouTube channel? I might check it out. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely not primary but I'll happily teach at a secondary school assuming it has a sixth form because I really do want to teach A level biology and chemistry :smile: I enjoy teaching the more, interesting, complex and detailed parts of the subject :smile:

My channel is MrBioTom1 :smile:
Shower curtain ring salesman, for the goofs
Okay, thanks! :smile: Well my favourite subject is languages, but one idea was being a GP and I don't know how languages could be incorporated into this…

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you were to do something with MSF the languages could be incorporated. But really if you were doing medecine the languages would be an aside useful if dealing with non-english speakers but not essential :smile:
Aeronautical Engineering and later on, space.
Original post by ryan9900
Aeronautical Engineering and later on, space.

That's an amazing ambition! I really hope it works out for you! Don't give up. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doom_rever
If you were to do something with MSF the languages could be incorporated. But really if you were doing medecine the languages would be an aside useful if dealing with non-english speakers but not essential :smile:

True. :smile: I'm sure I'll find what I want to do. I've got years to decide yet! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Munrot07
Definitely not primary but I'll happily teach at a secondary school assuming it has a sixth form because I really do want to teach A level biology and chemistry :smile: I enjoy teaching the more, interesting, complex and detailed parts of the subject :smile:

My channel is MrBioTom1 :smile:

I understand what you mean - if you have the high-end knowledge, you may as well teach the higher-end stuff and put that knowledge to good use! :smile: Okay I'll have a look at your channel soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's an amazing ambition! I really hope it works out for you! Don't give up. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always been quite ambitious, and have planned my future in a huge amount of detail.

Thank you, same goes to you :smile:
Original post by Kirstyy56
you considered translations if u like it, and also what do u like about the idea of gp?

I've considered translation, but I don't know if it would be a little bit boring and repetitive…

I don't really know what I like about the idea of being a GP… I suppose it would feel good to be helping people every day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Petrue
Hopefully an economic analyst if things go well.. but if things don't go well, then an accountant. I guess I just love numbers and money. I also have my eye on stock trading but that depends on my disposable income.

You're a maths person then? :smile: What other subjects do you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshalos
Hoping to go into either blood sciences or histopathology in a hopsital lab. Although, that may all change by the time I get to it!

It might all change hehe! You've got to keep an open mind really, but be determined at the same time… Are you planning to go down the science route then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've considered translation, but I don't know if it would be a little bit boring and repetitive…

I don't really know what I like about the idea of being a GP… I suppose it would feel good to be helping people every day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are u at sixth form? If not then u could consider taking languages and then the sciences as well give u both choices
Are u at sixth form? If not then u could consider taking languages and then the sciences as well give u both choices

Do you mean for A-Level or GCSE? I'm not in sixth form yet, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're a maths person then? :smile: What other subjects do you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not quite as 'mathsy' as I'd like to be, but maths is certainly something I enjoy and seem to do fairly well at. Anything statistical really, e.g. economics, business and certain parts of chemistry.. all really dull subjects :smile: How about you?
Do you mean for A-Level or GCSE? I'm not in sixth form yet, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well science is compulsory but both
What career do you intend to go into and why?

Personally, my future is so unclear! I don't know what my dream job would be. Also, all of my ideas are so different to one another - it's not as if they are all from the same category (for example, if someone wanted to be either a GP, nurse or chemist), so this means that I don't know what subjects I want to study.

I'd like to know what careers you would like to go into and why. Maybe your reasoning would help me decide my possible pathway.

I would like to do something with river management or flood prevention cause i am really interested in it and it is definitely something the UK needs to think more about after what happened at the beginning of the year. I am a very academic person as well so another idea was some sort of geographical research, maybe do a PHD.
I also enjoy writing so a random thought that came into my head only last night was starting up a magazine about geography.
As you could probably tell i am a bit of a geography nerd :biggrin:
Original post by Petrue
Hopefully an economic analyst if things go well.. but if things don't go well, then an accountant. I guess I just love numbers and money. I also have my eye on stock trading but that depends on my disposable income.

Remarkable how similar that is to my ideas, though I think I rather be a development economist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tgwktm
I would like to do something with river management or flood prevention cause i am really interested in it and it is definitely something the UK needs to think more about after what happened at the beginning of the year. I am a very academic person as well so another idea was some sort of geographical research, maybe do a PHD.
I also enjoy writing so a random thought that came into my head only last night was starting up a magazine about geography.
As you could probably tell i am a bit of a geography nerd :biggrin:

Hehe, no I love geography it's great. :smile: Nice plan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well science is compulsory but both

At GCSE I'm doing 2 languages at the moment and triple science. I hope to carry at least one science and at least one language onto A-Level. :smile: I think Maths A-Level is required for a lot of science-related careers, so I might do maths too. I don't hate maths, but I find it fairly difficult sometimes. For my 4th A-Level, I'm not sure whether I'd rather do another language, another science or a different subject, such as geography…

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending