The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

AS

Expecting AABB

Hoping for AAAB

I will probably open them in the car this year with just my dad eeeeeeeeeeeeek
Original post by hprew
just remember that even though you may not meet your personal targets you still have a massive chance of getting into the university / apprenticeship you want. i got BBB(C) and needed AAB and still got in which is significantly lower than the entry requirements. always check ucas track :smile:

normally that would be true.
But Bath want AAA with A in maths (im guessing I got a B)
and my reserve Durham only want AAB, since thats low for durham, they won't have much leeway :smile: much pressure.
Reply 102
A2

A*A*A

ABB

I'll look at Track first, and then go into school. I think this year I will have to open it away from everyone else!

Whatever happens, I'll sob...
AS or A2 results?

AS results

What are you hoping for?

AAAA (overly amibitious) or AAAB

What are you expecting?

AABB/ABBB (worst case scenario is if I don't get any A grades :frown: )

How will you open them?

Online and by email because I'm on holiday at the moment. My parents will receive the results by email, but they will be elsewhere. (gives me a chance to run away, lol)

How will you celebrate / react?

I'm not sure if I'll be fit to celebrate or react, once I see my results. :L
I need one B in either of my two A-level subjects to get into Loughborough, which I will probably get but I'm not getting cocky just yet. Depending on my mood and who is present in the hall, I'll either open it as soon as I get it in the hall, or wait until like half way home.

Definitely not looking at track first.
Hoping for A*A*A in my A2's

Expecting A*AA-AAA

Just collect the envelope and probably be shaking with nerves/fear ahhh, so anxious!

Celebrations or drowning my sorrows - either way Jager Bombssssss & out with my friends hopefully!
Original post by 3LostContinents
So are you a Cambridge hopeful too

Yeah, hoping to do Nat Sci, any idea which college you'll apply to?
Getting AAB will be a dream come true
Getting ABB will be lovely
Getting BBB Will make me happy
Getting BBC is whats expected
Getting BBD or under will mkae me rethink life

But... I will open the envelope without a care in the world because track would have already decided my fate.
I wish I had Bernards Watch
AS or A2 results?
A2

What are you hoping for?
AABac

What are you expecting?
BBCac

How will you open them?
Ill check track at 8am, then check my edexcel results online which are available from 6am. I'll then head to school either happy or sad knowing whether I've got into my firm to collect my last result. I'll either give my envelope to my boyfriend to open or just open it alone!

How will you react?
If their good - cry.
If their bad - cry.

So nervous for results :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWCW
A2

A*A*A

ABB

I'll look at Track first, and then go into school. I think this year I will have to open it away from everyone else!

Whatever happens, I'll sob...

So did your exams not go to plan? I hope it's all gone better than you think.

This whole UCAS track thing seems scary... can it show you your actual results online or is it just 'success' or 'fail' next to each application?
AS or A2 results? A2

What are you hoping for? A*A*A

What are you expecting? A*AA

How will you open them? Will check Track to see whether Oxford have accepted me, then open results in the car after collecting them from school at 9am

How will you celebrate / react? Hopefully will be going clubbing!
Reply 111
Original post by The Room Student
So did your exams not go to plan? I hope it's all gone better than you think.

This whole UCAS track thing seems scary... can it show you your actual results online or is it just 'success' or 'fail' next to each application?

Ah, well I don't think it went disastrously, but an A* is so difficult to get, and I do Japanese which is going to be a struggle at the best of times. :colondollar: Thank you though! What results are you waiting on?

UCAS won't show your results, but if it updates on time, there'll be a notification saying something like "Congratulations! Your place at [university] has been confirmed!" so you can guess at what your results are based on what university you go into.
That, or it shows your clearing number. :redface:
Original post by The Room Student
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

I am expecting A(90%+)A(90%+)AB for AS but I am really hoping for A(90%+)A(90%+)AA even though my personal targets at the start of the year were A(90%+)A(90%+)BB.The 90%+ is important as it is a necessity to get some good UMS scores to apply for Cambridge.I will open them by clicking on an email sent through my college email, which is handy because I am at a Cambridge Maths Summer School on Results Day.I don't know how I will react I will probably be disappointed at one exam result, I am always a pessimist and bad grades hurt me more than good grades make me feel good.

I think in a way AS results are just as important as A2 results because they decide what you will be able to apply for and demonstrate what you are capable off and close a lot of avenues into top universities.If you get an offer on your A2 results then you should achieve baring bad days or the university would never have gave you the offer but there is always the pressure of knowing exactly what you must achieve to get into your course but there is always clearing for worse courses, with lower entry requirements or even for better courses I think if you exceed your offers.

[INDENT]Hoping for: AB/BB

Expecting: CC/CB (I had to drop an A-Level due to medical reasons. I missed out on months of college hence the reason why I'm expecting such low grades. I only need 200 UCAS points to get into my firm choice uni which is just two C's so I'm hoping I pull that off. Getting higher than two C's would be amazing though.

I will open them: Just like it's a normal letter I guess? I don't want to stress myself out...

I will react: With dignity. If they're not the results I need I will try my hardest to hold back the tears haha

A2

Hoping for: AAB

Expecting: BBB/BBC

Open em at 6am on my computer having not inhaled in half an hour

If it's good I'll phone my first choice and apply through Clearing
If not....DRINK
AS or A2 results?
AS
What are you hoping for?
AAAA
What are you expecting?
AABB
How will you open them?
On the internet
With relief if they're good. Probably cry and work out a resit strategy if they're bad.
Only on TSR........... where people go through the technicalities of opening an envelope :rofl:

Good luck to all getting their results!

Was a painful moment last year but I checked UCAS track first and knew I got in, which took the pressure off me massively when it came down to checking my results on paper.
A2, hoping for AAA, expecting ABB if I am lucky. I always say I will open them ASAP, but usually once I have it in my hands; my heartbeat picks up, and I am shaking, so it takes me a few moments to prepare to open it. Celebrations are off my mind, but probably end up at the beach with my friends...most likely though will be going home, depressed.

Original post by AmyAintDead
If I fail, then I'll cry my eyeballs out at the thought of a gap year and having to do the UKCAT again.

Oh good God. I forgot about having to do that crap all over again :mad:, never mind the fact we'll have to get higher grades as we would have sat it over three years + we have to find more work experience in very little time as we have to apply by 15th october, to show we're making use of the gap as well as writing another personal statment...I really need those darn grades!
Original post by James A
Only on TSR........... where people go through the technicalities of opening an envelope :rofl:

Good luck to all getting their results!

Was a painful moment last year but I checked UCAS track first and knew I got in, which took the pressure off me massively when it came down to checking my results on paper.

Oh shush! I bet you were also doing the same last year in your years thread :u: And did it update before 9am then? I thought they said they update it much later in the afternoon?
AS

expecting: BBB, don't even know about Physics maybe a C
hoping for: ABBB/AABB

I cry when I do well and I cry when I do badly so it's safe to assume I'm going to cry and seeing as I'm expecting worse grades than I would have liked they'll probably be tears of sadness

Quick Reply

Latest