The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mansun
I am not sure I believe you. What subjects were your grades in? What were your predicted grades, and what grades did they offer you? I got offered a chance to transfer from Nottingham to UCL back in 2002 for Biotechnology, but in those days A levels were harder and UCL weren't as demanding on the grades.

A in maths and chem, B in econ, C in bio. Turned it down for an unconditional from
a uni at home. They offered me the standard A*AA. There was no way I was going to be happier in London on my own for 3 years than at home.
Reply 221
Original post by The Room Student
Hey, good to hear you've got things under control, but I was just curious: are you genuinely so uncertain in how your exams went that you don't know whether you got A* or a D in your full A level? I just thought you must have some idea...

Not at all, that was definitely over dramatised just to make a point, I feel like I've done as much as I can and I hope I've got an A*, we spoke about the answers we got to the questions and the majority of the questions me and my friends had the same answers so I hope I do get an A/A*
Reply 222
Original post by Kigh
So what would be the plan for ddD? Just thinking about straight D grades makes me want to cry

The anticipation is too much :no:

Well that'd probably be the time to cry, I'd definitely have to resit the year, which would be dreadful but it would have to be done, unless I got an A in one of the bio/chem exams and a U in the other or something but this was absolute worst-case scenario. I'm probably just going to get straight B's, but I'd really like bbA, then I can get those b's up to A/A*'s and finish college with AAA*(and another AS, yet to be determined which one it'll be)
expecting A2 results.
Hoping : A*A*AA
Expecting: A*AAB (PHYSICS! ARGH)
i will open them by myself, with nobody around.
react: if i get AAAC i get into UCL (JOY) A*AAC i get into Imperial (EVEN MORE JOY)
if not, i will cry the entire day and become a housewife.
A2

Hoping for: A*A*A*A

Expecting: A*AAB

On my computer

Would do nothing.
Original post by anonymous98
expecting A2 results.
Hoping : A*A*AA
Expecting: A*AAB (PHYSICS! ARGH)
i will open them by myself, with nobody around.
react: if i get AAAC i get into UCL (JOY) A*AAC i get into Imperial (EVEN MORE JOY)
if not, i will cry the entire day and become a housewife.

OCR phyiscs? Well done on carrying on 4 A levels to A2 by the way. Interesting how even some of the top Unis (UCL and Imperial as you mentioned) only asked for a C, which goes to show how much of an extra effort it is.
I'm gonna be getting my AS results - really not looking forward to it! I know I failed at least two of my subjects! I have a feeling I'm gonna doing some re-sits next year...*sigh* It's my own fault though, should have worked harder... :s-smilie:
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Really? You're probably one of those really amazing at Chemistry people then, cause most felt it was not easier, at my school :smile:

Biology and, the odd one out of my subjects which is, Philosophy and Ethics :tongue: What about you?

lol, unfortunately not... I got a C last year, and this year i could not hack F325 and didnt revise properly until the day before, I crammed. Somehow though, I'm sure i've got an A or A*. I messed up that transitions metals question bc i didnt remember that it's about unfull d-shells when its a ion, not as an element. so i lost all 6 marks on top of all my other one mark mistakes. if i dont get the A* that would be why. there's only six in our class, only two found it challenging. i guess it depends on whole country's performance. :smile:

maths, and then the odd one out, economics, lol. where did you firm? :biggrin:
These are my AS results.
Hoping for AAAA, with over 90UMS in maths and chem to give me a couple of A* predictions
Expecting AAAA (no A* predictions, unless C1 went really well to make up for a disastrous C2 and a mediocre S1, in which case I might get an A* prediction in maths) - maybe AAAB if my GEOG2 mark doesn't pull up my GEOG1 mark (that exam had some really strange questions).
I'll probably look for a quiet corner in school, and open them there - I don't want to open them in front of everyone, because if something does go wrong, not so much because I'm scared of people seeing me cry, but mainly because if things go right I don't want to upset anyone who's disappointed with their results by looking really, really happy.
If all goes to plan, jump around the room and celebrate with a meal out for dinner. If not, cry a bit, then go and talk to the head of sixth form to discuss my options.
AS or A2 Results?
AS

Hoping for?
AAAA :crossedf::adore:

Expecting?
ABBB

How will you open your results?
Run and sit down in a corner away from any humans. :creep:

How will you react?
Either :bhangra::bl::borat::bumps::danceboy:
OR :cry2::cry::eek4::eek3::flybye:
AS Results
Hoping for AAAA, probably going to end up with ABBB or ABBC I reckon.. :/
Am planning to open them away from everyone with a bottle of Vodka (or bleach) and Champagne at the ready depending on what way it goes..
Original post by The Room Student
Yeah, hoping to do Nat Sci, any idea which college you'll apply to?

Ahh, I'm hoping to do PBS :smile: I've absolutely fallen in love with Emma, you?
AS or A2 results?
AS

What are you hoping for?
AABC (biology, psychology, maths and chemistry)

What are you expecting?
BBDD to AABC :s-smilie: i don't know how they went

How will you open them?

At school

How will you celebrate/react?
Have a party and have a good time and not worry too much, because either way, 14th august is my birthday and I want to have a good time xD :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Opening my A2 results:

I need AAB, hoping for AAA.

I will open them at college not bothering with track beforehand.

I will probably react like Donnie Azoff from The Wolf of Wall Street, in particular the scene where he is high on Quaaludes and starts masturbating in front of the hot girl.
Original post by 3LostContinents
Ahh, I'm hoping to do PBS :smile: I've absolutely fallen in love with Emma, you?

Ahh cool :h: it was Christ's that caught my eye :colondollar: guess I can dream haha
Original post by tomj45
Opening my A2 results:

I will probably react like Donnie Azoff from The Wolf of Wall Street, in particular the scene where he is high on Quaaludes and starts masturbating in front of the hot girl.

Sheeeee's peeeeerfeeeeeect! fapfapfap
A2 results:

What are you hoping for? A/A*: English Language, A: English Literature, B: Applied ICT

What are you expecting? A: English Language, A/B: English Literature, C: Applied ICT :frown:

How will you open them? I hate results days, I never get what I expected/hoped for EVER so I'll just open them normally and probably weep a little in sadness and regret. :smile:

How will you celebrate / react? Either be devastated and be in a mood for the rest of the week, or go drinking on my own in unexpected, elated happiness. :colondollar:
This is practically what I will be doing!
AS

Hoping for AAAA I'm honestly not sure what to expect tbh, it really depends on how nice the mark schemes were.

I will open them as anyone one would open an envelope, I will open them with the power of my mind.

I don't have a clue how I will celebrate/react, haven't planned that far ahead :P
Original post by k4l397
AS

Hoping for AAAA I'm honestly not sure what to expect tbh, it really depends on how nice the mark schemes were.

I will open them as anyone one would open an envelope, I will open them with the power of my mind.

I don't have a clue how I will celebrate/react, haven't planned that far ahead :P

You're at least the dozenth peep to crack that joke... :rolleyes: well, perhaps *where* will you (psychically) open that envelope, or perhaps your results are actually available online beforehand? That's what I was getting at.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest