The Student Room Group

Advice for college/sixth form?

In September I'm going to either go to college or sixth form depending on my results.

I'm taking fashion & design at college. I'm really worried about going to college/sixth form. I'm worried about falling behind in class, not being as good as everyone else and making friends. In the college interview the other girls seemed so dedicated to fashion. I do love fashion passionately but the other girls were acting like fashion is there reason to live or something.

In every new environment of people there's always division and I usually end up by myself. I left secondary school without any friends. How can I change this. I'm starting to think that I'm a horrible person. I used to be very outgoing & confident but I've lost a lot of confidence since secondary school. People generally don't like me.

Munashe
Reply 1
Original post by callmemunashe
In September I'm going to either go to college or sixth form depending on my results.

I'm taking fashion & design at college. I'm really worried about going to college/sixth form. I'm worried about falling behind in class, not being as good as everyone else and making friends. In the college interview the other girls seemed so dedicated to fashion. I do love fashion passionately but the other girls were acting like fashion is there reason to live or something.

In every new environment of people there's always division and I usually end up by myself. I left secondary school without any friends. How can I change this. I'm starting to think that I'm a horrible person. I used to be very outgoing & confident but I've lost a lot of confidence since secondary school. People generally don't like me.

Munashe

As long as you're happy to spend time on it and stay focused, you won't fall behind and you'll be fine :yep:

Well, it's understandable that the people you saw were like that, because, well, it probably is a very big thing for them, like you suggested - of course, you're always going to get people who know exactly what they want to do in life and the people there are probably an example of that. It's perfectly fine if you aren't.

Just make sure you talk to new people - just saying hi could lead to a friendship :yep:
You'll meet plenty of people and I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest