The Student Room Group

do you care what others think of you?

I feel like i used to be a people pleaser and constantly worry about what others thought about me but these days, I honestly don't care because I've finally come to the realisation that humans will judge you no matter what and my true personality is finally starting to show more 😊 how about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You care abt what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedArrow
You care abt what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

:kungfu:
I never have and never will. There are plenty of people who don't like me and that is their choice. As long as I am happy, that is what really matters.
Reply 4
Yeah too much, it's why I pretend to be someone else online and hide away behind a computer screen.
Original post by DiddyDec
I never have and never will. There are plenty of people who don't like me and that is their choice. As long as I am happy, that is what really matters.

Preach :congrats:
Original post by darkred
Yeah too much, it's why I pretend to be someone else online and hide away behind a computer screen.

Oh noez :console:
Reply 7
I used to a lot, I would over analyse things too. I think I have become little more sensible now, and realised it doesn't help anyone so stopped!
Reply 8
Original post by Secretnerd123
Oh noez :console:

No, it's okay. I'm Brenda, 23 from Liverpool today.
In short: No.

What others think of me isn't what they really think of me -- it's what they think they think of me. In some cases (i.e. those where family and friends are concerned) I control what a person thinks of me. No one knows about my past experiences and what kind of an effect they've had on me. They don't know my present thoughts and the kind of hell they put me through. I love it when a person has a preconceived opinion on me because it means they're that much further from the truth.
Original post by Vixen47

What others think of me isn't what they really think of me -- it's what they think they think of me. In some cases (i.e. those where family and friends are concerned) I control what a person thinks of me. No one knows about my past experiences and what kind of an effect they've had on me. They don't know my present thoughts and the kind of hell they put me through. I love it when a person has a preconceived opinion on me because it means they're that much further from the truth.

You are a weirdo and that's the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Much much less than I use to.

I told an old man to go **** himself today.
Original post by darkred
No, it's okay. I'm Brenda, 23 from Liverpool today.

Why not Brenda from Wales. The scouse accent sucks :lol:
Original post by TSA
Much much less than I use to.

I told an old man to go **** himself today.

What did he do?
Original post by RedArrow
You are a weirdo and that's the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 15
Original post by Secretnerd123
I feel like i used to be a people pleaser and constantly worry about what others thought about me but these days, I honestly don't care because I've finally come to the realisation that humans will judge you no matter what and my true personality is finally starting to show more how about you?

depends on your definition of care.

generally i think its good to know how you are generally perceived.
i think it helps you socially manoeuvre.

so my view is. its good to know. but you don't have to care.

a bit like if your about to fight someone. its good to know if they are stronger than u. but you don't have to be afraid.

like i've been to some pretty racist areas. its good to know that the areas racist. helps you keep your whits on high alert. am i bothered by what they think when im not there? no.

but sometimes being discriminated (i hate to use that word but thats what it is) against does have an effect on you. that constant pressure.

people in a position of comfort can say this and that about what ever. but day after day. it does get to you.

literally today i was in a public car park and moved just outside of it into some shade while i was on the phone. some guy comes over to me and tells me its private property and to "get lost" which was totally unneeded. anyway because of that i decided to come off the phone and argue with him. he got some other guys to try and intimidate me and implying they were going to get physical and force me the 2 feet back into the car park before some official looking guy came over and to my disappointment did not apologise on behalf of the neanderthals but instead threatened to call the police then i just stepped 2 steps back into the car park.

you see all of that was totally unneeded and petty. and it was about so much more than just "private property".

now if stuff like that was a one off. i wouldnt mind. i'd do what i see other people do and talk about it for months about how outrageous it was. but it happens regularly.

its all good not caring on principle. but theres a line that is crossed at a certain point where people thoughts about you start to physically and really effect your life.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I care but not so much. If I care about people then I'd care about what they think of me but if I don't then I wouldn't really be bothered.

Quite recently I found out that someone I know hates me for some reason... I mean although I don't care about that person I was like wtf what did I do to offend them and want to get to the bottom of situations like this so I don't just go round offending people.
Original post by Vixen47

You seem like a very closed person.

I prefer being very open about everything, so people can judge me on who I really am. If they don't like the real me then that is their problem. There is nothing in my life that I keep a secret. Because secrets are dangerous. If someone finds out your secrets they can then try and use it against you. If you have no secrets then there is no threat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes i do, a lot. It's one of my biggest flaws.
Original post by DiddyDec
You seem like a very closed person.

I prefer being very open about everything, so people can judge me on who I really am. If they don't like the real me then that is their problem. There is nothing in my life that I keep a secret. Because secrets are dangerous. If someone finds out your secrets they can then try and use it against you. If you have no secrets then there is no threat.

Its never a good idea to be very open about everything. Some things are just better kept to yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest