The Student Room Group

BTEC results day 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IrishGuy_94
Is the SRF form the actual grades you're going to get, or is it a prediction made by the college you went to? I met the conditions of my offer exactly, according to the SRF form, should I be worried about EDEXCEL changing my grades?

The SRF is the final grades that you'll receive usually, unless your college gets your work moderated towards the end of the year (unlikely). Most moderation is done mid-year. In regards to Edexcel changing the grades it's very unlikely and happens on a rare occasion. The only time you can expect this is when your assignment is not up to standard.
Reply 21
I thought UCAS did that for you?

They do, but it made sure that I got my unconditional quicker
Original post by Binary Freak
The SRF is the final grades that you'll receive usually, unless your college gets your work moderated towards the end of the year (unlikely). Most moderation is done mid-year. In regards to Edexcel changing the grades it's very unlikely and happens on a rare occasion. The only time you can expect this is when your assignment is not up to standard.

I really thought all the stress of waiting for the results was over when that SRF form arrived, but now I have to worry about them changing my grades, even if it's unlikely they will do that. My work for one of my units was sent off for moderation in the middle of June, but surely my tutor wouldn't have said that I got a merit on the form unless I had actually achieved it?

From what I have read about these SRF forms, they are sent to the college to fill in and then they are sent to UCAS who will then send it to your choice(s). So that leads me to believe that they are my actual grades, but I'm still freaking out about it.
I really thought all the stress of waiting for the results was over when that SRF form arrived, but now I have to worry about them changing my grades, even if it's unlikely they will do that. My work for one of my units was sent off for moderation in the middle of June, but surely my tutor wouldn't have said that I got a merit on the form unless I had actually achieved it?

From what I have read about these SRF forms, they are sent to the college to fill in and then they are sent to UCAS who will then send it to your choice(s). So that leads me to believe that they are my actual grades, but I'm still freaking out about it.

If they were moderated in June then you should have no concern regarding the changes to your grades. The grades put on the SRF will be your final grades if your work has already been moderated.

No reason to freak out about it, if the grades on the SRF meet up to your conditional offer then within the next few weeks your offer will more than likely change to unconditional.
Original post by Binary Freak
If they were moderated in June then you should have no concern regarding the changes to your grades. The grades put on the SRF will be your final grades if your work has already been moderated.

No reason to freak out about it, if the grades on the SRF meet up to your conditional offer then within the next few weeks your offer will more than likely change to unconditional.

Yeah, I hope so. I probably won't feel relaxed until I have the certificate in my hands, though. Thanks for the info.
:afraid:
Yeah, I hope so. I probably won't feel relaxed until I have the certificate in my hands, though. Thanks for the info.
:afraid:

I feel exactly the same.

Not to scare you, but last year, the people completing their last year of their studies at my college had their certificates blocked by Edexcel due to some paperwork/quality issues. They only received their certificates last month, over a year after finishing the course. The worst part is that often, you have monkeys* on your course, who will plagiarize as much as possible, and this can trigger an investigation.

I am anxious as **** because I don't want this to happen to me.

*F*ckheads with the intelligence level of a banana.
Original post by ✈ ✈
I feel exactly the same.

Not to scare you, but last year, the people completing their last year of their studies at my college had their certificates blocked by Edexcel due to some paperwork/quality issues. They only received their certificates last month, over a year after finishing the course. The worst part is that often, you have monkeys* on your course, who will plagiarize as much as possible, and this can trigger an investigation.

I am anxious as **** because I don't want this to happen to me.

*F*ckheads with the intelligence level of a banana.

Same here haha. I wish there was an exact date though, this wait is so annoying, checking UCAS once every few hours without realizing I'm doing it
Had my results, had my certificates and uni have confirmed my place :smile:
Original post by porridge2012
Had my results, had my certificates and uni have confirmed my place :smile:

How did you get them so early?
How did you get them so early?

Depends on when your college sent your results off. They get sent to UCAS which then sends them off to your universities. I got uni place on saturday but don't know my grades yet.
Original post by ThisIsYourFace
Depends on when your college sent your results off. They get sent to UCAS which then sends them off to your universities. I got uni place on saturday but don't know my grades yet.

Congrats on getting your place! Don't all BTEC students get that pink form with their grades on it though?
:K:
Reply 31
Congrats on getting your place! Don't all BTEC students get that pink form with their grades on it though?

You got a pink sheet?

Thank you very much :biggrin:

I didn't get my results on a pink form. I'm waiting for my certificate :3
Original post by kayleighisonfire
You got a pink sheet?

Yeah, it's like a fax sheet with punched holes in it. It has all my units and grades on it. I actually got it in the post over two weeks ago. It has a 'UCAS applicant' watermark on it too, so I'm assuming UCAS were sent the same form. I'm doing an Extended diploma so maybe only we get the pink forms.
Reply 34
Yeah, it's like a fax sheet with punched holes in it. It has all my units and grades on it. I actually got it in the post over two weeks ago. It has a 'UCAS applicant' watermark on it too, so I'm assuming UCAS were sent the same form. I'm doing an Extended diploma so maybe only we get the pink forms.

I was doing an extended diploma too and still haven't gotten one :frown:
Does anyone know when results day is? On the Edexcel website it says they don't get released until 14th August like the A Levels but after reading posts on here about last years it said that they gave results out every Monday and Wednesday from the 17th July onwards, does that mean the same will happen this year? I also read that someone on here already have their results. I'm so confused. :confused:

What I got mine I think last week so you will probably get it soon :smile: Good luck hun
I was doing an extended diploma too and still haven't gotten one :frown:

According to http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/reporting-vocational-achievement-using-srf.aspx your college has to be enrolled in some kind of online scheme ran by edexcel, so I wouldn't worry about it your college probably isn't registered with it. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
What I got mine I think last week so you will probably get it soon :smile: Good luck hun

Thanks, you too.

According to http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/reporting-vocational-achievement-using-srf.aspx your college has to be enrolled in some kind of online scheme ran by edexcel, so I wouldn't worry about it your college probably isn't registered with it. :smile:

Ahh okay thank you, sounds about right with my college :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Kabulkid
????? okay???

BTEC's, concerning a particular field, tend to cover a far broader spectrum of subject matter than a singular A-level in a specific subject. That's why when a person attains overall grade DDD on a BTEC Extended Diploma in a given subject it is equivalent to three A grades at A-level in that subject. Effectively, the BTEC student who has completed their Diploma and gotten those grades is far more qualified to begin a course in that field than a student who has only completed one A-level in a subject relating to that field.

A university will prefer a student who has completed a BTEC Ext Dip in Applied Science (equivalent to 3 A-Levels in Applied Science) to a student who has completed an A-level in Chemistry. They'll similarly recognize that a student who has completed a BTEC Ext Dip in Mechanical Engineering is every bit as qualified to begin a degree in the field as a student who has completed A-Levels in Physics, Maths and Computing, perhaps even more qualified since their knowledge of those three subjects is focused towards Mechanical Engineering day-in-day-out rather than three standalone subjects.

Not only that, but BTEC Extended Diplomas tend to be far more beneficial on a practical level than A-levels are. Music is a perfect example. A-Level music comprises a fairly narrow scope and focus compared to the BTEC wherein recording, mastering, sound engineering, gigging, classical composition, theory, musical analysis, singing, historical analysis, team projects, business planning, the major areas of the music industry, community music, musical teaching skills, rehearsal, music in film and the social psychology of music are covered alongside various other areas. Obviously the BTEC gives its students a far broader study than the A-level and therefore qualifies the student to take on practically any musical course at university, where the A-level is overwhelmingly tailored to the classical genre and not much else.

As for the topic of the thread, BTEC do send your results to your university (at least, if you've done an Extended Dip), and the timing varies on which batches they process first, though in reality you should hear in the next few weeks.

You can also get a type of certificate, which is designed for admissions purposes and isn't the actual certificate of qualifications, from your college and manually send it to the university's admission department, though I don't know if it will speed things up any.
(edited 9 years ago)
My college sent my work off in mid-June (as I'd finished all of my work a few weeks early) and I still haven't heard anything. My friend, who had his sent off the same time, had his UCAS Track changed to Unconditional, so I know they've been sent to the universities. However, as mine was already Unconditional, it's actually quite frustrating not to have heard anything or had any results yet. -.-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending