The Student Room Group

As Islam is a religion of peace - which muslim country would you liek to live in ?

Scroll to see replies

Iraq
Lebanon. Although i wouldn't really call it a muslim country. Around 40% are Christians,the rest mainly Muslims. Most Lebanese Christians are outside of Lebanon.And the government is made up of both Christians and Muslims,which is the way its been for years.
Reply 62
Original post by uekp6956
ran great culture, food and weather

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not so good if you're gay, Baha'i, a woman who doesn't like to cover, someone who likes western music or if you want to sit next to your wife on a train.

The trains are segregated.
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
No. Just somewhere where theres people that I have something in common with.

a lot of the arab countries are extremely racist, so yeh, youd fit in well there.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
a lot of the arab countries are extremely racist, so yeh, youd fit in well there.

Only the Gulf ones
A friend at university offered to let me stay with him in Iran for several weeks. I didn't know him too well so declined but I wish I had accepted.

I don't think I would like to live in any "Muslim country", though.
You can disagree all you like but I've been there and seen it for myself.

So you are saying that in a country where half the stuff that you can do here is banned or regulated, they have a higher standard of life?
Original post by TheAnusFiles
So you are saying that in a country where half the stuff that you can do here is banned or regulated, they have a higher standard of life?

Maybe the stuff that you like to do is banned or regulated but I'm not aware of anything that would affect me.
Original post by Chindits
Not so good if you're gay, Baha'i, a woman who doesn't like to cover, someone who likes western music or if you want to sit next to your wife on a train.

The trains are segregated.

Nope. The trains have two sections a Mixed (men and women) and a Women only section. Tbh, women in Iran like it that way because those who are single tend to go to the womens only section and feel more protected.
As an Iranian I had Baha'i friends who go to school and live a normal life and they're not oppressed in any way. However, a Baha'i will never be allowed to have an important political role in Iran.

In regards to women covering their hair in Iran, this is how they cover it:

But, I agree the police are strict when it comes to 'Hijab' as the country is an Islamic Republic so people must respect the Islamic dress.

Also, gay people in Iran are not treated as they would be in most Arab countries (death) in the last 10 years Iran has improved a lot and gay people unfortunately are forced to attend certain classes to turn 'right' or have a sex change.

My Choices: Iran or Turkey
(edited 9 years ago)
Turkey :tongue:
Maybe the stuff that you like to do is banned or regulated but I'm not aware of anything that would affect me.

So you don't live a better quality of life, you just live a more restricted one
Doha has better living conditions than anywhere in the UK but I'm not sure if I could stand all the Filipinos for very long.

strong racism.

religion of peace
Reply 72
Original post by ThePersian

As an Iranian I had Baha'i friends who go to school and live a normal life and they're not oppressed in any way. However, a Baha'i will never be allowed to have an important political role in Iran.

Care to explain why these Baha'i men are being publicly hanged whilst Iranians are chanting "death to Baha'i"?

Warning, vid depicts hanging

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=561_1394365639

How are you going to positively spin this?
Nope. The trains have two sections a Mixed (men and women) and a Women only section. Tbh, women in Iran like it that way because those who are single tend to go to the womens only section and feel more protected.

In regards to women covering their hair in Iran, this is how they cover it:

But, I agree the police are strict when it comes to 'Hijab' as the country is an Islamic Republic so people must respect the Islamic dress.

Also, gay people in Iran are not treated as they would be in most Arab countries (death) in the last 10 years Iran has improved a lot and gay people unfortunately are forced to attend certain classes to turn 'right' or have a sex change.

My Choices: Iran or Turkey

Damn those two girls on the left are hot.

Original post by The vampire
Turkey :tongue:

Ye Malaysia and Turkey are relatively safe places to live.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 74
Like others have made clear, no Muslim country should be seen as fully islamic. I'll be moving to Qatar in a few months, but yeah apart from that I'd love to live in Iran, for the history, the culture, the food, my family can speak faarsi too so I'd have it easy. Turkey seems beautiful too (the history :eek:) and although I hate the treatment of workers in dubai, it is a beautiful place with amazing people.
Original post by Chindits
Care to explain why these Baha'i men are being publicly hanged whilst Iranians are chanting "death to Baha'i"?

Warning, vid depicts hanging

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=561_1394365639

How are you going to positively spin this?

Firstly, death by hanging occurs in Iran and as you saw many people actually come to watch as they support hanging (terrorists, rapists and serial killers). I can tell you that Baha'is are not hanged because of their religion as I have many friends who openly admit being Baha'i.

Now as for the video. I'm not sure whether you are Persian or not but the people are chanting "Death to Wahabi" :colondollar: you can also see from the clothes the 2 people are wearing that they're either Afghan or Baloochi terrorists.

A point I'd like to make is that Iran is not perfect (it's no where near) but in fairness it has progressed rapidly 10-20 years ago gay people and Baha'is would get hanged but it no longer occurs.
Original post by deborarosa
Dubai seems nice...but I probably count hack the 40 + degrees everyday...

I would pick UAE, as Dubai isnt a country :tongue:
Reply 77
Firstly, death by hanging occurs in Iran and as you saw many people actually come to watch as they support hanging (terrorists, rapists and serial killers). I can tell you that Baha'is are not hanged because of their religion as I have many friends who openly admit being Baha'i.

Now as for the video. I'm not sure whether you are Persian or not but the people are chanting "Death to Wahabi" :colondollar: you can also see from the clothes the 2 people are wearing that they're either Afghan or Baloochi terrorists.

A point I'd like to make is that Iran is not perfect (it's no where near) but in fairness it has progressed rapidly 10-20 years ago gay people and Baha'is would get hanged but it no longer occurs.

Despicable response.

They are being hanged because they are Baha'i and the Iranian mob are chanting "Marg bar Bahá'í!" - Death to Baha'i.

Iran's persecution of the Baha'i is well known and well documented.
Malaysia or UAE.
Reply 79

Haha nice response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending