The Student Room Group

Grammar School Sixth Form??

I got an offer at a grammar sixth form but I feel like I dont deserve a place...
In GCSE's I think I will get 1 A*, 6 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's.
Everyone else will get mainly all A's and A*'s :L....
Reply 1
Original post by Marcusroye98
I got an offer at a grammar sixth form but I feel like I dont deserve a place...
In GCSE's I think I will get 1 A*, 6 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's.
Everyone else will get mainly all A's and A*'s :L....

It depends on the grammar school - it you get the grades to get in then you merit your place. I've known many grammar school students with worse grades than that. Sure, you won't be at the top, but with a reasonable work ethic you should be fine.
I stayed on at a grammar school sixth form with 1A* 2A 1B 5C and a G, it's all dependent on the sixth forms entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tonybrazier
I stayed on at a grammar school sixth form with 1A* 2A 1B 5C and a G, it's all dependent on the sixth forms entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

They say you need 5 A's and 2 B's :smile:
Reply 4
Lol....

My one asked for roughly 4 B's and 4 C's

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should be fine but it depends on the Grammar school
It's not that big a deal. Seize any opportunity you're given :smile:
Original post by Compost
It depends on the grammar school - it you get the grades to get in then you merit your place. I've known many grammar school students with worse grades than that. Sure, you won't be at the top, but with a reasonable work ethic you should be fine.

Thanks!!
Original post by mynameisntbobk
It's not that big a deal. Seize any opportunity you're given :smile:

Thanks XD
Original post by Marcusroye98
They say you need 5 A's and 2 B's :smile:

Mine asked for an average of 48 UMS, I ended up with 46 but got in on an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was much higher than what a lot of people got at my grammar sixth form. You still got mostly As, anyway! Don't worry, I'm sure it will be absolutely fine :smile:
Original post by Where'sPerry?
That was much higher than what a lot of people got at my grammar sixth form. You still got mostly As, anyway! Don't worry, I'm sure it will be absolutely fine :smile:

Im still undecided :P

Quick Reply

Latest