The Student Room Group

Some advice needed...

Hi all,

I am changing my career and going into the science field... I am in my last year of uni. A recruitment agency called me as they are passing my details around... Voicemail off them stating they have a potential job for me but it's a train journey of 1.5 hours away and £20.00 a day! The recruitment agent has said it's far away but you need the experience... How can I politely say no? If I should that is? Want her to keep looking for me if you know what I mean?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's really £20.00 a day I'd start off by pointing out to her that the minimum wage isn't £2.50 an hour...?
Reply 2
Original post by moutonfou
If it's really £20.00 a day I'd start off by pointing out to her that the minimum wage isn't £2.50 an hour...?

No the train is £20.00 a day not the wages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjglen24
No the train is £20.00 a day not the wages

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh haha! My bad. Well in that case I'd just explain that it's not financially viable for you. She'll try to insist otherwise, but she just wants to make her placement and get her commission.

If you're good enough to have been thought of for this post, then she'll think of you again for another that's hopefully closer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending