The Student Room Group

I'm a black girl ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Beyoncstan
If you ask me both Africans & Caribbeans are irrelevant. The Black culture that the world knows and the most famous was invented and globalized by African Americans! The "face" of the black race just like White Americans are the face of white people.

African American celebrities, music, fashion, food, language, dance, athletes are globally recognizable and universally popular.

We are ICONIC!

1ST OFF TRICK:

Africans are the ones who survived slavery all over the world. Show some respect :curious: And they are the ones who created all that **** you mentioned about music. The African Americans you think you created and pioneered music and fashion and dance were waaaay back in the day passed down from their ancestors. African slaves. Digest that :closedeyes: All of Latin Ballroom and hip hop and reggae and rock draws from Africans, and the Caribbeans are far more connected to their African side as they are less spoiled living in less developed and less constituted and less integrated nations in the Islands, than an African American in a powerful country who can popularize what their African ancestors and Caribbean relatives created. Oh God girl!!!!

And before you go on and God help us Obama's dad is African like straight up African. Not to down African Americans but how dare you down your people. I would never do that to mine and I'm Native American.
Reply 221
Original post by Mick.w
here's a lil resource on it.
http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-irish-slave-trade-forgotten-white-slaves/

higher the bid the bigger the investment lesser investments are more disposable.

it depends on the colonial power.

the portuguese were famous for spending what ever on any slaves and then just having them destroyed and buying more. most of the slaves imported to the new world were to brazil. and when other colonies had enough slaves to "breed" from the already existing local "stock" brazil just kept importing more and more and more. because the treatment of slaves in brazil was so bad.

well im sure the rapper Slaine isnt the only anomaly of white people mixing with blacks in america.
but yea maybe your right. i know my cousins in south chicago though. they were all born in chicago and raised there. and they're all married to black people and have kids. its nice marriages too (thank god) like they might be a bit ruff around the ages but they got their jobs and kids and nice homes. maybe not in a nice neighbourhood but they make their home their home uno.

north west london. yea. londons post codes are weird. they have weird post codes. you have North, North West, West, South West, South East, East.

so for some reason they skip South or North East

but yea the post code system works like North West London would be NW and then a number like NW12.

americans had that? i thought that was only in the uk. it was used in the uk all the way up until the late 80s.

whats funny is the jews seemed to mix with minorities in america. yet in the uk the jewish community is pretty much just posh british people. that's why i loved new york. new york jews have a real unique idenity and personality. like they have their own accent and slang and humour. but you come to the UK and their just upperclass british people. with no kinda "yiddish flare" at all. they also tend to be very conservative and right leaning.

I love Brazilian history. I know the most black people in the world are in Brazil after Nigeria :awesome: And yes they only mix for Adelante la raza which means white washing, well it literally translated to Advance the race, a big silent culture in Latin America :naughty: I'm sure everyone has that.

I can sense that about the Jews in UK as well. Like the guy who plays Harry Potter is Jewish :ahee: But you're right the very orthodox Jews are right here. But they don't mix, I don't get why you keep saying mix, no one mixes. If a white here does mix they are normally lower class Irish or a Jew from the city who isn't even that Jewish and likes hip hop and wants to be "down." Most of the time I'm telling you everyone stays to themselves. There are race riots still and murders and racist graffiti still. Random so be it but not that rare. In general no violence just silence.

No offense your cousins are a grain of sand.
Reply 222
The historical context of the Great Gatsby centers around NINA and prohibition and flapping women; Gatsby really is some hero because he is successful in a time where his people were discriminated against is the inference of the novel and why it's really so classic. For white people anyway :ahee:
Original post by ApeMob
I love Brazilian history. I know the most black people in the world are in Brazil after Nigeria :awesome: And yes they only mix for Adelante la raza which means white washing, well it literally translated to Advance the race, a big silent culture in Latin America :naughty: I'm sure everyone has that.

I can sense that about the Jews in UK as well. Like the guy who plays Harry Potter is Jewish :ahee: But you're right the very orthodox Jews are right here. But they don't mix, I don't get why you keep saying mix, no one mixes. If a white here does mix they are normally lower class Irish or a Jew from the city who isn't even that Jewish and likes hip hop and wants to be "down." Most of the time I'm telling you everyone stays to themselves. There are race riots still and murders and racist graffiti still. Random so be it but not that rare. In general no violence just silence.

No offense your cousins are a grain of sand.

yea. n to be fair their parents are fresh off the boat.
so they prolly aint been too americanised with all that red neckery.

shame though... cuz i really wanna move to america but from what you're sayin if my kids were mixed race... they'd be screwed.
Original post by ApeMob
1ST OFF TRICK:

Africans are the ones who survived slavery all over the world. Show some respect :curious: And they are the ones who created all that **** you mentioned about music. The African Americans you think you created and pioneered music and fashion and dance were waaaay back in the day passed down from their ancestors. African slaves. Digest that :closedeyes: All of Latin Ballroom and hip hop and reggae and rock draws from Africans, and the Caribbeans are far more connected to their African side as they are less spoiled living in less developed and less constituted and less integrated nations in the Islands, than an African American in a powerful country who can popularize what their African ancestors and Caribbean relatives created. Oh God girl!!!!

And before you go on and God help us Obama's dad is African like straight up African. Not to down African Americans but how dare you down your people. I would never do that to mine and I'm Native American.

African American culture is ORIGINAL! WE created out culture in this country unique from European influence. That's what makes our culture so great is it's 100% and is very destint. Most American culture was invented by African Americans. Most popular modern music, dance, slang, urban culture was invented by African Americans! For some reason the entire world loves to copy Black American culture.

You probably don't know this but African Americans invented Gospel, Rock n Roll, Pop, Dicso, Jazz, Blues, RnB, House, Funk, Soul, Rock, Neo-Soul , Swing, etc... I think the only modern genre we didn't create was country.

African Americans also invented contemporary dance and hip hop dance the most popular forms today.

There is no singer African American culture either. It's geographical~ Most black culture comes from teh American South, where 50% of African Americans live but each area has a sub culture: Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, Charlotte, Miami etc... Then you have Black mega cities New York, Los Angele's, North California (Oakland), Chicago, Washington DC etc...

New York dominated African American culure in form 1900-1950, then Detriot 50s' 60's, then Washington DC (known as chocolate city), then South Los Angeles in the 90's and Atlanta is the modern capital of Black America.
Reply 225
^^^ this hoe ain't listening. (Not to mention talking crap. Ignorant hollering and ranting just makes people discredit anything you're saying, albeit false anyhow). Ignore.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 226
Original post by Mick.w
yea. n to be fair their parents are fresh off the boat.
so they prolly aint been too americanised with all that red neckery.

shame though... cuz i really wanna move to america but from what you're sayin if my kids were mixed race... they'd be screwed.

Whose parents? And are you saying mixed race screwed as in, not a lot of them here? So your kids would be screwed? Probably. But in the most capitalistic country where people do anything for money they will pander to the majority and the majority here is still white with Latins following, who have that Adelante thing and then blacks who have racial traumas. I mention that becauuusseee they all prefer lighter skin as the whites feel more appeased with a light black person or a mixed race or a European Hispanic Latin for the Latins who have racial complexes. And blacks who like lighter skin because they mostly still feel it is the ticket to a better life. So your kids might actually do well :colonhash: The "token" minority here over the years has become a racially ambiguous person.

But aren't you sleepy? lol it's 12am here I'm almost reaching my end...
Original post by ApeMob
Whose parents? And are you saying mixed race screwed as in, not a lot of them here? So your kids would be screwed? Probably. But in the most capitalistic country where people do anything for money they will pander to the majority and the majority here is still white with Latins following, who have that Adelante thing and then blacks who have racial traumas. I mention that becauuusseee they all prefer lighter skin as the whites feel more appeased with a light black person or a mixed race or a European Hispanic Latin for the Latins who have racial complexes. And blacks who like lighter skin because they mostly still feel it is the ticket to a better life. So your kids might actually do well :colonhash: The "token" minority here over the years has become a racially ambiguous person.

my cousins in chicago. the sand people.

yea seems like the US basically has a caste system.

as for me bein up? im naturally nocturnal. i can have a normal sleeping pattern and then have one late night and i turn nocturnal again. the heat triggered it off this time its just too hot to be outside during the day so im indoors sleeping. and then awake wen it starts to get cooler.
Original post by ryan9900
How the hell is that racist? It was the first thing that came into my head as I've been catching up with the Commonwealth Games. Why is everyone so sensitive and paranoid these days?

I'll re-phrase it then. Do you like sport, OP? Are you good at athletics?

Welcome to society. It sucks cause everyone's a big jessie

Posted from TSR Mobile
where are you from?
Reply 230
Original post by Mick.w
my cousins in chicago. the sand people.

yea seems like the US basically has a caste system.

as for me bein up? im naturally nocturnal. i can have a normal sleeping pattern and then have one late night and i turn nocturnal again. the heat triggered it off this time its just too hot to be outside during the day so im indoors sleeping. and then awake wen it starts to get cooler.

I know a UK boy isn't complaining about heat :colonhash: lol we get heat over 100F here typically :fan: And I have insomnia because I literally have insomnia and need sleeping tabs so I need to pop one shortly haha..or 2 :smile:
Original post by ApeMob

Its 9:00 here where do u stay
Reply 232
Original post by prudence290497
Its 9:00 here where do u stay

Venice Beach, California.
Original post by ApeMob

Ohh wow nice:biggrin::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by prudence290497

kk now where do you stay?
Original post by ApeMob

WACK!!!!

I'm from A.T.L... Shawty booties look like this big!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dos the "A" Town Stomp......

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 236
Can someone get this ^^^ ignorant bitch with her google pic out of this thread and the forum altogether. :rolleyes: And Venice Beach is always a cameo in the hottest hip hop videos so bye clown.
Original post by ApeMob
Can someone get this ^^^ ignorant bitch with her google pic out of this thread and the forum altogether. :rolleyes: And Venice Beach is always a cameo in the hottest hip hop videos so bye clown.

Girl BYE!!! The only relevant person from LA is Kendrick it's 2014 not 1994! L.A is wack....ATL runs EVERYTHING hip hop related!

50% of radio is ATL Rap
All Black reality tv shows are from ATL
Black TV shows are filmed in ATL

ATL > L.A (For all things BLACK)!!!

It's so many ****** out here form Cali. Everybody leaving Cali it's nothing but Mexicans now!
I like cats, I like every kind of cats. I just want to hug them all. Lol.

*from that eHarmony video*, lol.
Reply 239
Original post by Beyoncstan
Girl BYE!!! The only relevant person from LA is Kendrick it's 2014 not 1994! L.A is wack....ATL runs EVERYTHING hip hop related!

50% of radio is ATL Rap
All Black reality tv shows are from ATL
Black TV shows are filmed in ATL

ATL > L.A (For all things BLACK)!!!

It's so many ****** out here form Cali. Everybody leaving Cali it's nothing but Mexicans now!

lmao this shows how ignorant you are.
One: This is a mostly white and Muslim thread in Britain. NO ONE CARES.

Two: all this talk about hip hop is really lame, is that all you can claim, hip hop. :teehee: No one here cares about hip hop and Jews own your precious rappers anyway so :awesome: go to sleep clown. You're probably a fat 30 yr old woman with no man anyway yelling on a computer at the public library.
Time to hit ignore nighty night stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest