Or

D at higher and C at Adv Higer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LionKing1
What's better an A at higher

Or

D at higher and C at Adv Higer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afraid it's not that simple, mate. It depends on the context! One's "better" than the other in certain situations. :smile:
Reply 2102
Original post by Adykonvict1
Hi guys I felt I completed one of my exams with extreme ease and ended up with a B . Could someone please help me as to what I need to do to get my script re marked ?

Have a look at our SQA Results Service thread. All nicely explained there.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Afraid it's not that simple, mate. It depends on the context! One's "better" than the other in certain situations. :smile:

What would you rather have on your certificate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What would you rather have on your certificate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The A at Higher, because I like As and it opens more opportunities for applying to uni in Scotland. :tongue:

I swear you ask these questions every year!
Original post by Craigenhogen
I'd just like to thank the SQA for lowering the Higher English A boundary to 65%, it's probably the only reason I got an A :tongue:

Oh, anytime. It was a pleasure.
Finally just got my results through the door. So glad I signed up to get them through email as I got them at 3 haha
Higher Maths: A
Higher History: A
Higher Chemistry: B
Higher Physics: B
Int 2 English: A

Was severely disappointed with Chemistry, I found the paper the easiest out of all my exams and was expecting a comfortable A, and the reverse with Maths, I was expecting a C or B but ended up with an A which was great but I can't stop thinking about Chemistry as I really needed an A.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The A at Higher, because I like As and it opens more opportunities for applying to uni in Scotland. :tongue:

I swear you ask these questions every year!

I'm competitive yuno. I'm pleased you remembered :biggrin: and both times your opinion has went in my favour :P
Original post by mysqa
Oh, anytime. It was a pleasure.

Advanced Higher Maths at 66% ain't too shabby either :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Falconer9
Higher Maths: A
Higher History: A
Higher Chemistry: B
Higher Physics: B
Int 2 English: A

Was severely disappointed with Chemistry, I found the paper the easiest out of all my exams and was expecting a comfortable A, and the reverse with Maths, I was expecting a C or B but ended up with an A which was great but I can't stop thinking about Chemistry as I really needed an A.

Why do you need an A in Chemistry so badly, bud? Those are good grades!

I'm competitive yuno. I'm pleased you remembered :biggrin: and both times your opinion has went in my favour :P

Haha, well you're the only one to ask me these kinds of questions! :lol:

Original post by Qari
How are all you scots feeling with results day being today.
got to wait till next week :'(

Don't worry, I'll be working on your results day, too, so you'll be receiving some tip top quality service still. :wink:
Reply 2111
How are all you scots feeling with results day being today.
got to wait till next week :'(
Higher History - B
Higher English - B
Higher Modern Studies - B
Higher PE - C
int 2 Maths - D

Pretty disappointed with those results, tbh. I want to go to uni to study history, but with those results that prospect is looking unlikely.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ashleymacleod
Finally just got my results through the door. So glad I signed up to get them through email as I got them at 3 haha

Haha, yeh I couldn't bear leaving it to post - just in case something happened!
Original post by AndrewSCO
Advanced Higher Maths at 66% ain't to shabby either :biggrin:

We aim to please.
Original post by CeeBee4
Higher History - B
Higher English - B
Higher Modern Studies - B
Higher PE - C
int 2 Maths - D

Pretty disappointed with those results, tbh. I want to go to uni to study history, but with those results that prospect is looking unlikely.

Why so disappointed, mate? Can still go off to do history with grades like those - just need to do some work in 6th year as well. :smile:

Original post by mysqa
We aim to please.

Oh that's the first time you've given that impression! :wink:
Original post by Craigenhogen
I'd just like to thank the SQA for lowering the Higher English A boundary to 65%, it's probably the only reason I got an A :tongue:

Where can I find the grade boundaries for this year?
I did three part time highers and for the prelim for Art and Design I had an A but for all three exams I got a D! I'm contacting my tutors to get a remark. I believe this must be a mistake because my tutors all expected I would get much higher than a C and kept reassuring me that I would do well. I especially find it hard to believe that I would get a D in Art and Design considering the fact I've completed a foundation course in art and design with merit grade. I need at least a C in English for my offer at Gray's school of art. This is so frustrating. Hopefully I'll know more once they do a remark. I'm from the netherlands so I've never done highers before. Scottish universities dont accept my havo diploma so last year I decided to do both a foundation course and three highers to get into uni. Now it all feels like I've wasted a lot of time and money
Original post by tinababy
Where can I find the grade boundaries for this year?

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/63002.html

Hollie. Keeper of the Grade Boundaries. Guardian of the Marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending