The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got a waiting list update email?

I was told on the phone in April that because I accepted a conditional offer from another uni, I'd in effect be off the waiting list.

However this email seems to suggest that there's still the possibility of getting an offer.

Can anyone shed any light?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew150

I was told on the phone in April that because I accepted a conditional offer from another uni, I'd in effect be off the waiting list.

However this email seems to suggest that there's still the possibility of getting an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I got that email too and fingers crossed. This has given me hope again !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
Yes I got that email too and fingers crossed. This has given me hope again !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I was pretty low down the list, so I'm not too hopeful, but I'm pleased that others have got a chance again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately I was pretty low down the list, so I'm not too hopeful, but I'm pleased that others have got a chance again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it true that over the past years barts never offered any place to waiting list students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Matt, what you been up to recently?

I got the e-mail (I don't hold any offers and effectively still on this waiting list - will hear back around 11th-15th August).

So they've still kept you on the waiting list even though you have an offer elsewhere? Sounds good to me! Wait for Barts, if you get some good news accept the A100 offer!
Is it true that over the past years barts never offered any place to waiting list students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only used the waiting list twice (Last year, and this year). Last year no offers were handed out for waiting list applicants. But I have a feeling they handed out more offers last year compared to this year (so could be a chance for us on the waiting list this year).

Let's see how it goes, no guarantee...
Light in my eyes. I got the email too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know that you are low down the list, didnt you get the letter?
Original post by Sambo2
'fraid not any more. The crayon munchers have removed 5th year priority and from next year Daweson and Floyer will not be medic only halls

aw shieyt
Did anyone on wAiting list receive an email about decision ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone on wAiting list receive an email about decision ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did - a week or two ago and I was told to hear back around 11th -15th August. Today being 11th, no news yet. You?
Reply 3691
Original post by General Maximus
Yes I did - a week or two ago and I was told to hear back around 11th -15th August. Today being 11th, no news yet. You?

I applied for dentistry and was also put on the waiting list, still haven't heard anything :s-smilie:
I was also put on the waiting list for dentistry though I did receive a letter from them 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Didn't you get the letter?

The letter said that they will reply to students on the 11th of August if they have places available.

Still heard nothing today.
Reply 3693
Original post by saran23
I was also put on the waiting list for dentistry though I did receive a letter from them 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Didn't you get the letter?

The letter said that they will reply to students on the 11th of August if they have places available.

Still heard nothing today.

Yeah i did receive the letter, just hoping for an email today, did you have any other offers?

Same its 11th and I still haven't heard anything. Is all hope lost now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same its 11th and I still haven't heard anything. Is all hope lost now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well from the 11th till the 15th - wouldn't say all hope is lost! Lets see how it goes.

I don't hold an offer elsewhere
Reply 3696
Well from the 11th till the 15th - wouldn't say all hope is lost! Lets see how it goes.

I don't hold an offer elsewhere

But they did say if they had spaces available they would contact by email on the 11th August, and then they would tell us if we were unsuccessful on Friday 15th.
Original post by kkatt
But they did say if they had spaces available they would contact by email on the 11th August, and then they would tell us if we were unsuccessful on Friday 15th.

Do you think they have already got everyone's results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3698
Do you think they have already got everyone's results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they do, I think they get them on the morning of results day, and thats why everyones track updates then.
Someone want to call them up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending