The Student Room Group

Track Vigil thread 2014

This is the thread for all you people fretting about Track, which will not update before the morning: check out this page :smile:

Please also remember that

Using 'auto-refresh' tools may seem like a good idea, but all it does is mess up the system for everybody without getting you any closer to your goal.

If Track hasn't updated for you when you finally do get in, it is not going to until midday at the earliest, so there is no point in constantly refreshing the page. Just log out and go and do something else until you can get hold of your results and see what's what.

Track should become available from 8am. In past years people have usually been able to get on to Track from about 6.30am UK time, but certainly not before. Yes, there was a year when a few people got in around midnight, but that was a one-off and won't happen again. The best bet is to go to bed and try and get some sleep, as if your worst fears are realised you will need all your wits about you in the morning.

If you're killing time it is well worth reading the following so you're prepared for all of the possible outcomes:

We do understand how stressful this all is, so chat away in here if it makes you feel better :h:

Scroll to see replies

I've just dug out the stats from last year.

As Track went live:
345,000 applicants had had their firm place confirmed (55%)
23,000 had been rejected by their firm but had their insurance place confirmed (4%)
12,000 had changed course offers (2%)
148,000 were in clearing (3,000 of which had already had a clearing place confirmed) (24%)

and

99,000 applicants were still awaiting a decision (either from their firm or they'd been rejected by their firm but had no decision yet for their insurance)

So that's about 15% of applicants in "limbo" on results day who had to collect their results and contact their universities to find out a decision.

Also

what to do on results day

---------------
2014 stats

As track went live:
353,000 places with their firm (54%)
27,000 rejected by their firm but placed at their insurance (4%)
12,000 changed course offers (2%)
157,000 in clearing (with 3,000 already found a place) (24%)

and 104,000 in limbo (16%)
(edited 9 years ago)
I swear I'm getting bigger palpitations each time I go on TSR and read one of these threads. Useful info that really ^
Original post by Stickman
I swear I'm getting bigger palpitations each time I go on TSR and read one of these threads. Useful info that really ^

We're glad you think so :smile: What are your plans or results day?

Good Luck :h:
Thanks!

I don't know really. I'll certainly sleep the night before and check Track after 8am before going to school to collect results. Seems like the logical thing to do. And depending on how that goes, frantically ring up unis. :lol:
my school emails results at 8am , so i guess i'll be up from 7am to hope track goes live for me...

tonight will be a marathon of orange is the new black i think...

big hugs to everyone :smile: :hugs:
Thanks!

I don't know really. I'll certainly sleep the night before and check Track after 8am before going to school to collect results. Seems like the logical thing to do. And depending on how that goes, frantically ring up unis. :lol:

Very sensible - it's an emotional and stressful day for those who do end up going through clearing, so you will thank yourself if that does end up being you.

However, it's also somewhat of an anti climax for the lucky ones who do get in as they wake up, check track, see the unconditional.... then what to do for the couple of hours until they can actually go to school and pick up their results!
Reply 7

You and me both! Nervous yet excited. Good luck :smile:
Does anyone know if some universities send confirmation emails out before track goes live? Feel so anxious, just wanna know now :frown:
Original post by Katiel0uis3
Does anyone know if some universities send confirmation emails out before track goes live? Feel so anxious, just wanna know now :frown:

It's unlikely - they aren't supposed to send anything before 6am so most wont bother until their hotlines have staff.
Original post by oxymoronic
Very sensible - it's an emotional and stressful day for those who do end up going through clearing, so you will thank yourself if that does end up being you.

However, it's also somewhat of an anti climax for the lucky ones who do get in as they wake up, check track, see the unconditional.... then what to do for the couple of hours until they can actually go to school and pick up their results!

Thanks.

So just to confirm beside whatever uni it says unconditional, my place is at that uni right? (I ask this because the UCAS Track on A level results day has a pic of the old UCAS format)
Thanks.

So just to confirm beside whatever uni it says unconditional, my place is at that uni right? (I ask this because the UCAS Track on A level results day has a pic of the old UCAS format)

If your firm says unconditional then you're off to your firm

If your insurance says unconditional AND your firm says unsuccessful then you're off to your insurance.
This explains every other option:

results day flowchart

Reply 12
Has anyone else got an email from their uni? I got one at about six today which said- Dear [NumNub]

We look forward to you joining us in September and hope you are excited about starting your course.

Please read the information provided and complete any necessary actions as soon as possible. We have included details of your course below for reference.

Am I correct in thinking I've got in?!
Reply 13
Original post by NumNub
Has anyone else got an email from their uni? I got one at about six today which said- Dear [NumNub]

We look forward to you joining us in September and hope you are excited about starting your course.

Please read the information provided and complete any necessary actions as soon as possible. We have included details of your course below for reference.

Am I correct in thinking I've got in?!

That sounds pretty positive! How so early? What uni is this, if you care to share? :smile:
Reply 14
That's what I'm thinking, but the earliness scares me! Northampton, which is my insurance. Asked me to do accommodation (which I've done) and start filling in a whole pile of forms!
Original post by NumNub
That's what I'm thinking, but the earliness scares me! Northampton, which is my insurance. Asked me to do accommodation (which I've done) and start filling in a whole pile of forms!

They probably did that to speed up the admin on their side.

Remember to all get your sleep! If you do need to have a back up plan, tiredness doesn't help the emotions at all :no:
Reply 16
Original post by Slowbro93
They probably did that to speed up the admin on their side.

So I may have got in. Woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
In 2011, I managed to log on to track at 6am. It may not be the case this year, but it's worth a try. I know many friends who tried logging on at 8am to find UCAS track had already crashed.

Good luck :smile: I know how horrible the wait is!
Who else is up worried about tomorrow?
Reply 19
My Uni emailed me two days ago saying that I had been offered accommodation and was given a room number, and all the rent info. Is this a good sign? All my other mates that have had their accommodation accepted will have their rooms assigned after results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending