The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University Accommodation 2014 - Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MayaFly7
Thank you for getting back to me! Could I ask what you mean by the stars between "no" and "with gluten free"?

This is very strange! What it's meant to say is "there will be no problem with gluten free and lactose free diet", but can't think for the life of us why the words would be getting censored! :colondollar:

Sorry about the confusion!
(edited 9 years ago)
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by University of Chester
This is very strange! What it's meant to say is "there will be no problem with gluten free and lactose free diet", but can't think for the life of us why the words would be getting censored! :colondollar:

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!! We are trying to type the word p.r.o.b.l.e.m (without the dots) and it's getting censored? Are we going mad?! :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Very odd!
Original post by MayaFly7
Very odd!

All fixed now :smile: Sorry about that!
I hope one hears from them soon because they just sent me an e-mail reminding me of my deadline. I hope I get my place confirmed in time since I'm guaranteed accommodation.

Original post by Soph@accomm
Hi

After the A-levels are released in August we will start allocating accommodation. As soon as we have news we'll let you know via email.

Thanks
Soph.
Reply 25
Hi there,

I'm doing a PGCE starting in September 2014. I have signed for a house with a friend, but we have 2 rooms available in the house to rent. What would be the best way for us to advertise this to other Chester students?

Thanks, Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your message.

We can only advertise privately owned properties on behalf of landlords that are accredited by the local council and that have been 'student stamped'. I would therefore advise contacting the Students' Union or perhaps posting it on relevant social networks - if you haven't already done so you could start a thread on here?

Good luck with your search! :smile:

Sophie.
Accommodation Office
When do march nursing applicants apply for accommodation?
Original post by aaddzz125
When do march nursing applicants apply for accommodation?

Hello,

We would advise contacting the Accommodation Office in February 2015 if you require accommodation.

Thanks,
Sophie
Accommodation Office
Thank you!
Hello,

We would advise contacting the Accommodation Office in February 2015 if you require accommodation.

Thanks,
Sophie
Accommodation Office
Hi Chester!

I did not see anywhere on the application form about mature students (25)
Does there tend to be a mix of ages in the different houses?
In the mixed sex housing if you are not allocated an en-suite bathroom will you be sharing a bathroom with male and female or does it tend to be same sex?

Thanks!
Hi Katherine,

Thanks for your message.

Whilst there isn't anything stated on the application form about mature students ( as we don't have mature student only residences) we do take age into consideration when allocating the accommodation. We do have mixed sex houses but they will have en-suite facilities.

Hope this helps.

Sophie.
Accommodation Office
Hi Katherine,

Thanks for your message.

Whilst there isn't anything stated on the application form about mature students ( as we don't have mature student only residences) we do take age into consideration when allocating the accommodation. We do have mixed sex houses but they will have en-suite facilities.

Hope this helps.

Sophie.
Accommodation Office

That's brilliant, and thank you for the quick reply!
Hi!

I'm a nursing student starting in September. I've seen that the term date is 22nd September, can I move into my accommodation around this time? Or do I have to wait until the following week?

Thanks,
Amanda

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amandarachael
Hi!

I'm a nursing student starting in September. I've seen that the term date is 22nd September, can I move into my accommodation around this time? Or do I have to wait until the following week?

Thanks,
Amanda

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Amanda,

We have been informed that Nursing students are starting earlier - the arrangements are being finalised and we will let Nursing students know of the alternative arrangements asap ( but no - you wont have to wait a week to move in!) Hope this helps, Sophie.
Reply 35
Hi,

I'm a french student and I'm looking for an accomodation just for the month of september.

If someone can help me ...

Many thanks
Hi Yass31,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately we cannot offer accommodation for just one month as all of accommodation contracts are either for 35 or 41 week contracts. I would advise looking into the private sector or local hotels/b&b's in the local area. The Accommodation Office uses StudentPad to advertise all private sector properties. All properties on the University of Chester pages are currently accredited/ approved or "student stamped" by the local authority housing team. The website will be updated on a regular basis so please keep checking for any changes or new adverts to appear.
To view the properties currently on the website please follow the link below:
http://www.chesterstudentstamp.co.uk/Accommodation

Thanks
Sophie.
Reply 37
Hi, this is a thread that will be monitored by our Accommodation team to answer any questions you might have about the application process, how it is allocated, or any other accommodation queries. We will aim to respond to your question within 24 hours.

Looking forward to your questions :smile:

I only got accepted into Chester University today through clearing so have not been able to apply for accommodation. I am coming from Northern Ireland so am completely new to the area and country. Is there anyway in which I can apply for university accommodation now? And what is the availability currently like?
Original post by james856
I only got accepted into Chester University today through clearing so have not been able to apply for accommodation. I am coming from Northern Ireland so am completely new to the area and country. Is there anyway in which I can apply for university accommodation now? And what is the availability currently like?

Hi - thanks for your message.

The accommodation office has received a large amount of applications and accommodation places are therefore oversubscribed and so whilst it is unlikely that we will be able to offer you accommodation as a clearing applicant, you may still apply for accommodation. If you wish to apply please contact us via email [email protected]. Obviously we will try our best to allocate accommodation to as many students as possible and we will be in touch, should we have availability once the first round of offers have been responded to.

As an alternative we would advise also looking in to the private sector www.chesterstudentstamp.co.uk/accomodation. All properties on the University of Chester pages are currently accredited/ approved or "student stamped" by the local authority housing team. The website will be updated on a regular basis so please keep checking for any changes or new adverts to appear.

Should you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
[email protected] / 01244 513000.

Thanks
Sophie
Hi - Sorry to hear you're having problems with your application. Don't panic as you still have some time to respond. Please email us with your full name and student number to [email protected] and we can help :smile:

Thanks
Sophie
Accommodation Office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending