The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Anyone going Southampon Solent in September?

Confirmed my place for Fashion Graphics :biggrin: What's everyone else studying?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiriHam
Confirmed my place for Fashion Graphics :biggrin: What's everyone else studying?

I've confirmed my place for computing :smile: haven't found anyone else on my course yet though :frown:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by Niamhrado
I've confirmed my place for computing :smile: haven't found anyone else on my course yet though :frown:

Ah well done :tongue: Neither have i :frown: Have you done your accommodation?
Original post by MiriHam
Ah well done :tongue: Neither have i :frown: Have you done your accommodation?

Don't worry, I'm sure we will meet loads of cool people :biggrin: I am still waiting to hear back from them with a room. I'm hoping they haven't sold out yet :/ how about you? :smile:
Reply 4
Don't worry, I'm sure we will meet loads of cool people :biggrin: I am still waiting to hear back from them with a room. I'm hoping they haven't sold out yet :/ how about you? :smile:

Definitely! :tongue: I haven't either, do we email them about accommodation or do we wait to hear from them?
Original post by MiriHam
Definitely! :tongue: I haven't either, do we email them about accommodation or do we wait to hear from them?

I'm not sure, they did say it might take until the 18th for them to allocate all the rooms though. Which halls did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 6
I'm not sure, they did say it might take until the 18th for them to allocate all the rooms though. Which halls did you apply for? :smile:

I haven't applied to any yet. Honestly I've been quite confused as to what to do to apply for accommodation. It's fine, I'm going to the open day tomorrow so hopefully I know then. :biggrin:
Original post by MiriHam
I haven't applied to any yet. Honestly I've been quite confused as to what to do to apply for accommodation. It's fine, I'm going to the open day tomorrow so hopefully I know then. :biggrin:

Ahh okay well I would apply for it soon because they do get booked up every year! They should have sent you an email with a number in it and then you register on the Solent website to apply for halls. But yeah I'm sure they will help you tomorrow, I found it a bit confusing tbh :/ I'm going tomorrow too :smile:
Reply 8
Ahh okay well I would apply for it soon because they do get booked up every year! They should have sent you an email with a number in it and then you register on the Solent website to apply for halls. But yeah I'm sure they will help you tomorrow, I found it a bit confusing tbh :/ I'm going tomorrow too :smile:

I haven't gotten an email yet...:frown: Ah awesome, are you bringing anyone with you?
Original post by MiriHam
I haven't gotten an email yet...:frown: Ah awesome, are you bringing anyone with you?

I only got mine this morning so don't worry they send it within 24 hours of you confirming your place :smile: no, I am from Southampton but don't know anyone who's starting this year (but I know a few who are already there haha) How about you? :smile:
Reply 10
I only got mine this morning so don't worry they send it within 24 hours of you confirming your place :smile: no, I am from Southampton but don't know anyone who's starting this year (but I know a few who are already there haha) How about you? :smile:

Ah ok that's fine :smile: Ah, lucky so it'll be easy for you :tongue: My mum and sis :smile:
Original post by MiriHam
Ah ok that's fine :smile: Ah, lucky so it'll be easy for you :tongue: My mum and sis :smile:

Sorry I didn't read your post properly :P I am coming tomorrow with my parents, but I don't know anyone starting at Solent this year :/ but yeah at least I know my way around town :biggrin: have you bought any tickets for freshers events or anything yet?
Reply 12
Sorry I didn't read your post properly :P I am coming tomorrow with my parents, but I don't know anyone starting at Solent this year :/ but yeah at least I know my way around town :biggrin: have you bought any tickets for freshers events or anything yet?

Ah ok, well now you know someone :tongue: Not yet, i'm broke atm :frown:
Original post by MiriHam
Ah ok, well now you know someone :tongue: Not yet, i'm broke atm :frown:

Well yes obviously, so hi :biggrin: oh, fair enough :/ did you apply through clearing? I'm worried my student loan won't come through before term starts :P
Reply 14
Well yes obviously, so hi :biggrin: oh, fair enough :/ did you apply through clearing? I'm worried my student loan won't come through before term starts :P

Yep :smile: Same, it's so frustrating. I sent an email to them, asking that I didn't want to be means tested and i got an email back saying that they are still waiting for two sponsors :s-smilie::confused:
Yeah I did too :smile: oh dear that does sound annoying :/ I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. I mean most students in the country rely on them and they manage somehow haha :P where are you coming from if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by MiriHam
Yep :smile: Same, it's so frustrating. I sent an email to them, asking that I didn't want to be means tested and i got an email back saying that they are still waiting for two sponsors :s-smilie::confused:

Yeah I did too :smile: oh dear that does sound annoying :/ I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. I mean most students in the country rely on them and they manage somehow haha :P where are you coming from if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 17

Yeah I hope so, even my mum's getting stressed about it:tongue: Exactly, must be stressful for them. I'm coming from Wallington, South London. :biggrin:
Original post by MiriHam

I've confirmed my place for Multimedia Journalism! Looking for other people on my course :p:p
Reply 19
Original post by elektratheo
I've confirmed my place for Multimedia Journalism! Looking for other people on my course :p:p

Congrats :biggrin: Haha same here, have you applied for halls? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending