The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stefan17
Need to contact accommodation service, is there a number I can call?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Stefan, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

The number for accommodation services is 0191 208 3333.

Let me know if you have any further Qs.

Rachel
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by MattSlater12345
Hey,
I was just wondering when will we be allocated accommodation? It seems on here other incoming students that held conditional offers have heard since they received their place on results day, I was just wondering if the accommodation offers go out at different times? And if so, does that mean because I have had my offer after other people, I'm less likely to have been allocated the accommodation I chose?

Hi Matt, thanks for getting in touch.

No need to worry, our Accommodation team will be in touch :smile: Any urgent Qs you may have, the Accommodation Services number is 0191 208 3333.

Hope that helps :smile:

Rachel
Hi, I've confirmed payment for my accommodation and included the 3 year silver gym membership deal. However, my third year of my degree is actually spent abroad (Modern Languages). Will the third year of my gym membership cover my fourth year instead? Because if not I'll need to try and organise a refund. I didn't think about my year abroad before I signed the contract for it!
Thanks
Rachel
Original post by llamaspoon
Hi, I've confirmed payment for my accommodation and included the 3 year silver gym membership deal. However, my third year of my degree is actually spent abroad (Modern Languages). Will the third year of my gym membership cover my fourth year instead? Because if not I'll need to try and organise a refund. I didn't think about my year abroad before I signed the contract for it!
Thanks
Rachel

Hi Rachel (great name), thanks for getting in touch.

Great question :smile: As a fairly specific query, it will definitely be worth dropping [email protected] an email.

Let me know if you have any problems,

Rachel
I can't afford the accommodation I've been offered and need to change to somewhere different. Is there a way I can apply again with the insurance/ clearing students if I can't find somebody to swap with?
I'm confirming my accommodation at castle leazes and I am unsure about what the gym membership entails. If I don't get silver does that mean I won't be able to join sports societies such as netball or do you have to get another membership for that ? Also, will the proce be exactly the same if I decide to get the membership when I arrive ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CallumIOM
I can't afford the accommodation I've been offered and need to change to somewhere different. Is there a way I can apply again with the insurance/ clearing students if I can't find somebody to swap with?

Hey Callum, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

That's understandable. We have set up a Room Swap Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Accommodation-Service-Newcastle-University/112400955486257?sk=notes) where students can post details of both their allocated room and the type of room they wish to have. You can therefore also view other students wishing to swap rooms and if you find a match, a room swap can be arranged.

Alternatively, if you don't find the room you'd like on this page, you can ring Accommodation services on 0191 208 3333.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Rachel
Hello,

I believe I'm eligible for the £1000 bursary and also the £500 bursary for entering via the Partners scheme. Should this have shown up on the documents I've recieved from Student Finance or is this added when I register at uni?

Original post by Hollystewart1
I'm confirming my accommodation at castle leazes and I am unsure about what the gym membership entails. If I don't get silver does that mean I won't be able to join sports societies such as netball or do you have to get another membership for that ? Also, will the proce be exactly the same if I decide to get the membership when I arrive ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Holly, thanks for getting in touch:smile:

You will need a silver membership to be a member of any of the sports teams and sports societies. Whether this is a silver one year membership or a three year membership, it covers the use of our facilities :smile: You will be able to purchase your membership when you arrive from the sports centre. You can also upgrade your membership to gold online.

There's loads more information on the sports centre website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sport/ but if you have any further Qs just give me a shout!

Rachel
Reply 70
Hello,

on the website in pre-arrival section is written we should pay our tuition fees. But what shoould I do, when tuition fees are cover by tuition fees loan by student finance. Should I just bring confirmation letter from student finance to the registration?
Original post by woczlf
Hello,

on the website in pre-arrival section is written we should pay our tuition fees. But what shoould I do, when tuition fees are cover by tuition fees loan by student finance. Should I just bring confirmation letter from student finance to the registration?

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Home/EU undergraduate students only need to complete their registration on S3P if they are funded by the Student Loans Company as there is no hold on their account. I believe what you have read relates to Postgraduate and International Students.

I hope that helps :smile:

Rachel
Hey! I bought the University's freshers week wristband but I'm now seeing a few ads for icebreakers and lowercase events etc and I was wondering if there was any point in buying them? (moneys tight at the momemt haha :tongue:)
Original post by englishgal
Hey! I bought the University's freshers week wristband but I'm now seeing a few ads for icebreakers and lowercase events etc and I was wondering if there was any point in buying them? (moneys tight at the momemt haha :tongue:)

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

I am sure you will have seen that our Freshers' Week this year is bigger than ever, with loads of both daytime and evening activities: http://nusufreshers.co.uk/

My advice would be to stay away from unofficial events. I am sure you will be busy enough!

If you would like me to check whether any specific events are University-run, just send me the link and I'll get back to you :smile:

Rachel
Thanks
Rachel

Hey did you find out the answer? I did the same thing :s
Original post by pirategyal
Hey did you find out the answer? I did the same thing :s

Yeah, your third year of membership gets transferred to your fourth year :smile:
Sorry for another question.

I've seen on the freshers website that cinema trips are one of the activities. Do you still have to pay for the cinema tickets, or are they included in the wristband? Thanks
Rachel
Sorry for another question.

I've seen on the freshers website that cinema trips are one of the activities. Do you still have to pay for the cinema tickets, or are they included in the wristband? Thanks
Rachel

No problem at all - I'm here to answer all your questions :smile:

All daytime and evening activities are included in the price of the freshers' week wristband so there will be no additional cost for the activities- happy days!

Rachel
Hello and thanks for this thread!

I was just wondering how many advanced Japanese students you take per year, and what the flexibility of modules is like? So if I had A-Level Japanese, would I be in a class by myself or just a few others? And also, what sort of help do you provide for students with Asperger's Syndrome?

Thank you so much!
Edminzodo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, your third year of membership gets transferred to your fourth year :smile:

Ahh phew! Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending