The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mutleybm1996
Where are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have offers from keele and plymouth - still waiting to hear about my English lit remark to see which it'll be, but I've now got an unconditional medicine offer from keele due to biology remark going up to an A* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got their OCR non priority remarks back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Has anyone got their OCR non priority remarks back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't even had my OCR priority English lit remark back yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kangarooblue

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is taking OCR so long aaaah, hope all goes well when you eventually hear from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just done AS Levels and I'm getting 2 papers remarked- my AQA French Unit 1 because my teacher said the essay was marked too harshly and Unit 2 for Edexcel Geography because it was lower than my teacher expected- I was pretty pleased to get the mark I got in that one because it was so difficult!! I hope the remarks don't take too long, the waiting is the worst part ><
Has anyone ever got AS level AQA Physics or Biology remarked?
In Physics I got BBD with the D in Unit 2 which I thought I'd done best in and In Biology I got BBE with the E in Unit 1 which I thought I'd done best in as well...

Does anyone have or heard of remark experiences with these exams?
Original post by kdevitto
Has anyone ever got AS level AQA Physics or Biology remarked?
In Physics I got BBD with the D in Unit 2 which I thought I'd done best in and In Biology I got BBE with the E in Unit 1 which I thought I'd done best in as well...

Does anyone have or heard of remark experiences with these exams?

I got a B in unit 2 (2 raw marks off an A), a high C in unit 1 and a D in my EMPA for Physics.
Did you do A or B?

And I blame my school for my EPMA. I got a C overall, if it wasn't for the EMPA I would've got a mid B.
Reply 67
Original post by kangarooblue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exact same, OCR are taking the piss. Glad i'm only AS so I don't have an entire university place weighted on this.
Original post by Jasey
Exact same, OCR are taking the piss. Glad i'm only AS so I don't have an entire university place weighted on this.

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I got french AS remarked (CCEA) written paper - went up 2 marks giving me a B instead of a C - dead chuffed!
submitted on Friday 23rd, back today :smile:
has anyone got any non priority remarks back yet ?
Original post by boing360
has anyone got any non priority remarks back yet ?

No I haven't and its really annoying! Are you with aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
No I haven't and its really annoying! Are you with aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, getting A2 GEOGRAPHY 4B remarked YOU?
Yeah, getting A2 GEOGRAPHY 4B remarked YOU?

Yh im getting aqa unit 3 & 4 remarked. Are you taking a gap year or have you already got a place at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh im getting aqa unit 3 & 4 remarked. Are you taking a gap year or have you already got a place at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im retaking some of my biology and applying to university next year for geography.
Reply 75
Original post by TheBBQ
Edexcel C3 - 88 ums (2 more and I'd get the A* overall) I was certain I'd get near enough full UMS according to the grade boundaries
AQA Physics unit 5 - D grade when I was getting A's before..
AQA Chem unit 2, 4, 5 - got lower in unit 2 than last year despite revising very well for it and it all being carried over into A2 anyway.. seems very off!
Unit 4 and 5 had lower grades than expected and lower marks when i checked the grade boundaries, something seems very off!

Hey, if you go for chem4/5 remark, could you tell me if you improved.
I resat the two papers, and did worse than 1st sitting, and thought it went quite well (albeit I knew I made mistakes, but not so much to get a low grade).
I'm 7 UMS off the next grade, which is about 2-3 raw marks.
Im retaking some of my biology and applying to university next year for geography.

aw ok i was thinking of retaking some of biology too - bio aqa. I wanted to retake one of my ISA's but if that's not possible I would retake one of my AS exams in which I got a B
Reply 77
I'm waiting on a standard remark for A2 Edexcel geography... taking their time! :frown:
Original post by BWCW
I'm waiting on a standard remark for A2 Edexcel geography... taking their time! :frown:

My exams officer said it could take up to 30 days and so far its been 13 days and every day I just keep refreshing my email to see if she has sent an email with my marks! :frown: The wait is agonizing
Reply 79
My exams officer said it could take up to 30 days and so far its been 13 days and every day I just keep refreshing my email to see if she has sent an email with my marks! :frown: The wait is agonizing

Oh bloody hell, it feels a lot longer than 13 days. :frown: Going to be a long wait then! And my exams officer is on holiday at the moment, so that's a fat lot of good. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest