The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Received my remark outcome today. Went down by 2 UMS :frown: Was in reaching distance of the A grade for the A Level :angry:

Non priority, Geography (AQA).

Resitting a module next summer I guess.
Original post by llamaspoon
By writing do you mean the essay? The exam's all in one booklet, so I don't think the essay would have been missed.

Yeah the essay - oh I thought I remembered there being a separate booklet, must have been another exam. I still think that it wasn't marked for some reason though, or something else has gone horribly wrong at their end!
My edexcel bio AS coursework went up by 4 UMS! I'm so happy it's an A now instead of a B.
Original post by Teddysmith123
Can you remark coursework for aqa english literature?

No
Original post by Compost
No

What. I'm getting my AQA History coursework mark reviewed because the moderation grade was much lower. I'm assuming this can also be done for English Lit.
Original post by TheCynicalChild
What. I'm getting my AQA History coursework mark reviewed because the moderation grade was much lower. I'm assuming this can also be done for English Lit.

Is it just your coursework or your entire class?
Original post by TheCynicalChild

For centre marked coursework you can't get a single one re-marked. It has to be re-moderation of the whole centre or nothing.
Original post by Teddysmith123
Is it just your coursework or your entire class?

Entire class, I think. I didn't stick around long enough on Results Day to find out the nitty gritty.
Original post by Compost
For centre marked coursework you can't get a single one re-marked. It has to be re-moderation of the whole centre or nothing.

Is it still possible to get the whole centers coursework remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Got my OCR AS history paper back from a remark and it went up by 10 marks - crazy how examiners can get it so wrong!
I literally can't explain how stupid I'm feeling right now. I got my script back for my unit 2 economics and business exam and I crossed out 2 4 mark questions and answered them on extra paper but where it asks how many supplementary sheets you've used I put 0 for some reason, I think I thought it meant sheets on top of the ones I used but I have no idea. I am one raw mark off a B and 6 off a A. I want to know if a remark would override that zero or is it a bit like putting the right answer and then crossing it out? :frown:

I'm going to go take to my exams officer tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any ideas
Original post by MW2005
Got my OCR AS history paper back from a remark and it went up by 10 marks - crazy how examiners can get it so wrong!

Raw marks or UMS?

either way that's terrible that they did it wrong, but great that you got a remark.
I feel sorry for anyone who just accepted their grade, even though they could've done so much better.
Original post by kdevitto
I literally can't explain how stupid I'm feeling right now. I got my script back for my unit 2 economics and business exam and I crossed out 2 4 mark questions and answered them on extra paper but where it asks how many supplementary sheets you've used I put 0 for some reason, I think I thought it meant sheets on top of the ones I used but I have no idea. I am one raw mark off a B and 6 off a A. I want to know if a remark would override that zero or is it a bit like putting the right answer and then crossing it out? :frown:

I'm going to go take to my exams officer tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any ideas

I always just leave that blank if I use extra, which makes me think thats why one of my maths exams was a D instead of an A like my previous. I think you're best off asking the exams officer, and if not try for an appeal?
Original post by Imadinosaur2213
I always just leave that blank if I use extra, which makes me think thats why one of my maths exams was a D instead of an A like my previous. I think you're best off asking the exams officer, and if not try for an appeal?

They don't make it super clear what they mean and I asked the envigilators and they didn't know... I'm not unhappy with a C as I still have a B overall and I will retake it next year but it's just infuriating to known I have lost the next grade up due to a really stupid mistake. Is a appeal the same as a remark? Thankyou! I'm now wondering if this also happened to me in my physics exams as I got bbd with a C overall but I thought the d was my best exam and it's too late to request the script
They don't make it super clear what they mean and I asked the envigilators and they didn't know... I'm not unhappy with a C as I still have a B overall and I will retake it next year but it's just infuriating to known I have lost the next grade up due to a really stupid mistake. Is a appeal the same as a remark? Thankyou! I'm now wondering if this also happened to me in my physics exams as I got bbd with a C overall but I thought the d was my best exam and it's too late to request the script

Maybe just tell them about the mistake. I think its pretty silly to lose out because you made a stupid error!

Appealing might work? You'll have to discuss it with exams officer

If I'm honest, I'm not 100% sure, but I think a remark is part of the appeal process, like you get the remark and then if it's not better, you can ask your school to appeal it further. A lot of the time I think you need to have a reason (not sure what yours could be. But I'm not 100% sure if it's all exam boards that need it, or if it's different now as the info I get is from my dad who's gone past teaching and is now inspecting schools, so it could be different now). You should get a remark, and if it doesn't change then you should talk to your school if the grade you got differs significantly from all forecast grades. The date for remarks is the 19th in my school, so it may be slightly different for you depending on if it takes a while for them to process it or not.
I got a really low C while i have been getting at least high B's in my EDEXCEL Chemistry exam. I am getting a remark in this exam, and i really hope it goes up as i need a B at least to get into the uni i want to. :s-smilie:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Maybe just tell them about the mistake. I think its pretty silly to lose out because you made a stupid error!

Appealing might work? You'll have to discuss it with exams officer

Thankyou! I will go and see him tomorrow as I have to pick up another script and see what i did stupidly in that paper...

Quick Reply

Latest