The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE Remark question.

Hi there.
Sorry if this has already been asked but.. my school has sent my maths papers off for a remark. How close does this mean I was to the next grade boundary?
Also..they sent it off last week, how long does it take for a response from the exam board?

Thanks.
Reply 1
But how long does it usually take?
Reply 2
Original post by Jbot
But how long does it usually take?

There is no exact time. Usually a couple of weeks though.
Reply 3
It depends how urgent it was, some schools or individuals pay extra to get quick responses however they can take up to a month. Just sit tight and hopefully you'll make it into the next grade boundary, nothing you can do to change it now so why bother worrying?
Reply 4
Original post by Its_Tito
It depends how urgent it was, some schools or individuals pay extra to get quick responses

You can't do this at GCSE - it is only possible at A level for the week after the results come out.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
You can't do this at GCSE - it is only possible at A level for the week after the results come out.

When I got my results for my 4 year 10 exams a couple of weeks ago that was one of the choices on the remark sheet...maybe I was mistaken?

Apologies if this is false information :smile:
Reply 6
When I got my results for my 4 year 10 exams a couple of weeks ago that was one of the choices on the remark sheet...maybe I was mistaken?

Apologies if this is false information :smile:

It was probably there because they use the same words for all years but it is only available for students who need a quick A level re-mark to secure a university place.
Reply 7
Original post by Compost
It was probably there because they use the same words for all years but it is only available for students who need a quick A level re-mark to secure a university place.

It said you could get a quick remark to secure a college, sixth form or university place. I would doubt they would use the same words on days that are a week apart from each other on completely different colour and layout forms?
Reply 8
Thanks for the responses. I'm not worried about the time just wondering.
Reply 9
It said you could get a quick remark to secure a college, sixth form or university place. I would doubt they would use the same words on days that are a week apart from each other on completely different colour and layout forms?

In that case your exams office has made a mistake. When ordering re-marks on exam board websites priority re-marks are only an option for A level units.
Original post by Compost
In that case your exams office has made a mistake. When ordering re-marks on exam board websites priority re-marks are only an option for A level units.

I doubt they would've made a mistake on hundreds/thousands applications? I know people that got remarks within like a week...
I doubt they would've made a mistake on hundreds/thousands applications? I know people that got remarks within like a week...

Edexcel routinely complete normal re-marks in under 2 days so this isn't surprising.

Quick Reply

Latest