The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Private Accommodation Flatmate(s) SHEFFIELD

Hi,
I missed out on accommodation and I was told by SHU to look for private housing. I'm looking for anybody in the same situation as me... Feel free to private message me if you want to know more about me so we can discuss house sharing :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I received an email from them this morning saying that I need to look privately. Has anyone else messaged you? Also, have you found anywhere that is still available as I'm struggling..
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by RoseMarsh
Hi, I received an email from them this morning saying that I need to look privately. Has anyone else messaged you? Also, have you found anywhere that is still available as I'm struggling..

It's such a difficult situation! Nobody has messaged me yet :frown: I currently haven't found anything, but if I do I will let you know :smile: What will you be studying?
Reply 3
Thanks, just feel like there's not much available anymore. Not entirely sure what to do .. I'm going to be studying human biology you?
Reply 4
Thanks, just feel like there's not much available anymore. Not entirely sure what to do .. I'm going to be studying human biology you?

I know, it seems like a lot has already been taken... but Im sure we will find something :smile: Nice! I'll be studying psychology :smile:
Reply 5
Hey, I got the same email this morning and im not quite sure what to do but house sharing seems like a probably the best option. So please let me know if you are thinking about this :smile: message me if you want to know more about me :smile:
Reply 6
I've got the same issue.There doesn't seem to be much available anymore
Reply 7
I know, its so limited now :frown: is everybody wanting to share with same sex people or are you okay with mixed?
Reply 8
In the same situation, Also looking for people to house share with! Can't seem to find much though :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by em877
Hi,
I missed out on accommodation and I was told by SHU to look for private housing. I'm looking for anybody in the same situation as me... Feel free to private message me if you want to know more about me so we can discuss house sharing :smile:

Hey i missed out on the university accommodation too. I'm 22, gonna be doing my masters starting on 17th. I'm an Indian living in UAE. If anyone wants an easy going room mate, please PM me. I'll be reaching sheffield on the 15th. <email removed by mod>
Reply 10

Hey i missed out on the university accommodation too. I'm 22, gonna be doing my masters starting on 17th. I'm an Indian living in UAE. If anyone wants an easy going room mate, please PM me. <email removed by mod> I'll be reaching sheffield on the 15th.
I too have the same situation. Going down today to take a look at some potential accommodation. Anyone else going?
I'm in the same predicament :frown: Anyone got any ideas?
Hi

I am in the exact same situation. I have been on the phone to SHU accommodation since 9am and no one has picked the phone up. I have no idea what to do!
I think the only thing that is really left would be to house share tbh as Ive just been placed onto loads of waiting lists. Is anyone else looking for a house share?
Reply 15
I'm in the same boat. Pretty angry that it's taken them so long to inform me that this is the situation and I'm also pretty upset at how hard it is to speak to anyone from the accommodation services. Personally I think it's criminal that they don't have enough places in halls for everybody in their first year.
Hey everyone.

If anyone is stuck for accommodation me and another guy are looking to get accommodation sorted by Friday. We wouldn't mind a couple more flat mates if anyone is interested?
Original post by mikey_downs
Hey everyone.

If anyone is stuck for accommodation me and another guy are looking to get accommodation sorted by Friday. We wouldn't mind a couple more flat mates if anyone is interested?

You looking for same gender or mixed gender?
You looking for same gender or mixed gender?

Not too bothered either way, so if you're interested send us a pm.
I'm up for it! I'm a girl though, don't mind mixed gender accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending