The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Uni of Sheffield - Good accomodation for exchange student?

Hi! I’m a law student from Sweden who is going to spend the next academic year in Sheffield (University of Sheffield) as part of my degree. From my understanding the most common accommodation to stay in for exchange students is Allen Court, which seems really nice and is in the city centre which I quite like. However, the cost seems a bit hefty to me, especially since the rooms at ex Student roost is like 2/3 of the price and quite close by. Would I miss out a lot by not going down the university accommodation-route? Or are there any other areas or companies that you would recommend?

I’m a quite social person (but then I’m Swedish so probably quite introvert compared to most other nationalities) and would just like some nice flatmates to make my year abroad not lonely af :smile:
Hej!
Great to hear you're considering Student Roost in Sheffield for your year abroad. We've got five properties in the city, most of which are close to University of Sheffield. If you'd like any more information about any of them, feel free to ask. We love hosting events to help our residents get to know each other, so hopefully this helps you with not feeling so lonely when you first move here.

In terms of whether or not to stay in university owned accommodation, this is entirely up to you. You certainly will still get the chance to mix with students who live in university owned halls, even if you choose to stay in private student accommodation. I would say to look at all your options, make a list of pros and cons and choose the accommodation that is right for you.

Hope this helps!

-Nicky
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending