The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Dont know wether to phone my drs tomorrow and try to get hold of my dr about these anti depressants to find out if its happening or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Well, I'm officially a college student now :biggrin:. So happy to be finally living the student lifestyle, as well as living a just stone's throw away from my previously long distance boyfriend :woo:. Hopefully all this will help me become a happier person, especially if I manage to make a decent bunch of friends here and get some work :yep:.

Really pleased for you! Hoping everything works out now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
I can kind of relate. I'm overweight due to antipsychotic-induced weight gain and have been trying to lose it for a fair while. Could you join a gym? If you're genuinely unhappy with your body then I'm of the opinion that you should work on healthily changing it to something you prefer. Obviously EDs and BDD are exceptions to this. Although, having not met you, I can't tell if losing weight would be healthy for you or not. Have you thought about lifting weights, it can tone various areas and generally makes most people look good (I'm not talking about becoming a beefcake but weight lifting is good for women as well as men).

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
not a terrible idea at all, thanks. I do it a lot too. in PJs now, don't think i'll be sleeping anytime soon though and mood has dropped even more :/ hope you're ok

DVD player isn't working :frown: I dunno what to do. no energy, kinda want to cry, just feel all dead again but brain is in overdrive :frown:

I don't really feel like I can manage it tbh. Thanks though

:hugs: hmm, a non-complicated book you could read? Or I find something like drawing or colouring helps distract me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The new antipsychotic I'm on is making me feel an incredible amount of nausea.

ED trigger possibly

Anyone know good foods to eat when you feel nauseated?

apple sauce, baked beans, soup or yogurt? idk whether it has to be solids, but generally things that take less chewing are best! I guess you could get soup with vegetables in if you need some solids? I don't really eat when i feel sick so i wouldn't know :redface:
Original post by PandaWho
Really pleased for you! Hoping everything works out now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, hopefully. Thanks :smile:
oh and is anyone around for some quick advice about a friend over pm? potentially triggering scenario just as a warning!

Spoiler

Original post by lauraaaaa
apple sauce, baked beans, soup or yogurt? idk whether it has to be solids, but generally things that take less chewing are best! I guess you could get soup with vegetables in if you need some solids? I don't really eat when i feel sick so i wouldn't know :redface:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think part of what puts me off meat at the moment is the amount of chewing it takes so your suggestions are good :yy:

You can PM me if you want but I can't promise good advice :tongue:

CherryCherryBoomBoom
Well, I'm officially a college student now . So happy to be finally living the student lifestyle, as well as living a just stone's throw away from my previously long distance boyfriend :woo:. Hopefully all this will help me become a happier person, especially if I manage to make a decent bunch of friends here and get some work :yep:

That's awesome. Really hope it goes well for you.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think part of what puts me off meat at the moment is the amount of chewing it takes so your suggestions are good :yy:

You can PM me if you want but I can't promise good advice :tongue:

That's awesome. Really hope it goes well for you.

as an emetophobe and anxiety sufferer, i feel your pain! You'd probably benefit from trying things that don't require much chewing! I guess maybe things like oranges or other soft fruit might be good too! Okay thanks, i'll pm you now :')
How's everyone doing? :hugs:

Have generally been on the up apart from a panic and low mood last night. But feeling positive and much more confident about uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3071
I know right! I've had an almond snickers on my desk over a week now.

Almond snickers?! That sounds really nice!

Original post by PandaWho
Had such a good day.
Went for lunch for my nephews birthday with some friends and as usual it was so nice to see everyone, didnt have as big a catch up with my friend as normal (we have a strong mental health bond thats brought us together)
I got an amazing round the houses type of email that brings good news (more will come out about this on friday!)
Then my friend came round to sign my guiding stuff, and told us about her trip to india and brought me some Henna back :biggrin:
So sat doing henna all night on my mum and me.

And just a really good day all round. Got to go fix my nutty nannas radio tomorrow (probbably just needs tuning right knowing her)
So we have a happy panda :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad you had a good day!

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Well, I'm officially a college student now :biggrin:. So happy to be finally living the student lifestyle, as well as living a just stone's throw away from my previously long distance boyfriend :woo:. Hopefully all this will help me become a happier person, especially if I manage to make a decent bunch of friends here and get some work :yep:.

:woo:
Original post by luno
Almond snickers?! That sounds really nice!

Oh yes, they are. :sexface:

If you like almonds, almond M&Ms are divine.
Reply 3073

Spoiler

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
thank you :smile: yeah my plan is to get everything sorted out much earlier for next year so I can start the course without any worries about it hanging over me, I might even look into some short courses just to get me back into the habit of writing and such in the new year if they have some available for cheap enough! plus by then I should hopefully be doing better with my MH but am still waiting to hear back from my psychologist :erm:

Social Science :smile: (Sociology, Psychology & ICT)

been rewatching the Lord of the Rings films :biggrin: they are some of my faves and they were on the on demand thing on Sky so watching them to keep my spirits up as my girlfriend is away atm!

:console: sorry to hear that. crying is no fun so I hope you are doing better today! my headache seems to have gone after I slept the day away :tongue:

oh dear, maybe try to read something more cheerful tonight if you can? sad things aren't good! sounds like it was something very bad then :/ fair enough, do you have anyone you can talk to about future plans maybe? I know sometimes it helps me to talk through my options with someone to figure them out in my own head, you are welcome to quote/PM me as well if you want to chat about stuff, I know what it's like to drop out & not be sure what to do next! :hugs:

---

slept all day :eek: woke up feeling a bit flat so watching another film :tongue: and cooking myself a pizza to try and lift my mood a bit, probably give my girlfriend a call later as well but I think she's busy till later!

hope everyone here is okay, hugs for all in need of some! :hugs:

Doing a short course sounds like a good idea! I'm sure you could also find a lot of stuff online to get back into study/ education mode.

How long have to been waiting for your psychologist to get back in touch? Maybe ring them to find out what's happening?

I love LOTR :five:! It's one of the few things I can re watch and never get bored of :smile:. Do you have a favourite LOTR film?

I'm happy you're headache is gone :hugs:. I was doing ok until 1am... had a short cry but I'm feeling better than yesterday :smile:. Night/ early morning seems to be my downfall :frown:.

It was about a bride who rearranged her wedding and got married in her dad's hospital room because he had terminal cancer and was bedridden... the video is just heartbreaking :frown:.

I spoke to family about withdrawing and ended up speaking to a careers advisor at my old uni for over an hour before deciding. I do kind of have a plan (voluntary stuff in things I'm interested in) but everything just needs organising. I just feel kind of lost... especially seeing stuff on Facebook from someone who I would have been on the course with posting stuff from her first day as a postgraduate and then there is just me at home :s-smilie:. Thank you :smile:. You can always PM me too :hugs:.

I hope the film and pizza helped lift your mood!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3074
Oh yes, they are. :sexface:

If you like almonds, almond M&Ms are divine.

I had almond M&Ms once and they were amazing! I think I'll have to venture to an American sweet shop soon and have a search for almond snickers :yep:.

Is there anything you miss from the UK that's difficult to find in the US?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by luno
I had almond M&Ms once and they were amazing! I think I'll have to venture to an American sweet shop soon and have a search for almond snickers :yep:.

I know this question wasn't aimed at me but I'd miss kinder eggs. They don't have them in the US and they're the best chocolate.
Original post by luno

Doing a short course sounds like a good idea! I'm sure you could also find a lot of stuff online to get back into study/ education mode.

How long have to been waiting for your psychologist to get back in touch? Maybe ring them to find out what's happening?

I love LOTR :five:! It's one of the few things I can re watch and never get bored of :smile:. Do you have a favourite LOTR film?

I'm happy you're headache is gone :hugs:. I was doing ok until 1am... had a short cry but I'm feeling better than yesterday :smile:. Night/ early morning seems to be my downfall :frown:.

It was about a bride who rearranged her wedding and got married in her dad's hospital room because he had terminal cancer and was bedridden... the video is just heartbreaking :frown:.

I spoke to family about withdrawing and ended up speaking to a careers advisor at my old uni for over an hour before deciding. I do kind of have a plan (voluntary stuff in things I'm interested in) but everything just needs organising. I just feel kind of lost... especially seeing stuff on Facebook from someone who I would have been on the course with posting stuff from her first day as a postgraduate and then there is just me at home :s-smilie:. Thank you :smile:. You can always PM me too :hugs:.

I hope the film and pizza helped lift your mood!

yeah, that's the plan anyway, hopefully all works out okay!

yeah my head's been okay today so maybe was just tiredness :erm: sorry you cried again, why do you think those times are worst for you?

oh wow, that does sound really sad yeah :/ probably not the best thing to watch if you feel down anyway! maybe watch something funny/cheerful tonight?

voluntary work sounds good, hopefully you are able to stick to the plan as best you can! fair enough, like I said I know how awful it can feel to feel lost in life, maybe write down your plan on a piece of paper or something so you can check things off as you do them? thank you, that's really kind of you to offer :smile:

they did :yep: just been playing video games since tbh :tongue: trying to keep myself distracted as I am missing my girlfriend loads atm!
Original post by luno

Whilst you're looking for almond snickers, peanut butter snickers sound good but I felt let down by them. Nowhere near as good as peanut butter kit kats :tongue:

Hmm, there are quite a lot of things I miss. What springs to mind is:
Yorkshire tea
Rowntrees pick & mix sweets (fruit gums, fruit pastiles and tootie frooties)
Heinz tomato soup
Ribena (in fact, any squash would be good!)
Vimto
Rhubarb and custard sweets
Weetabix
Chippy chips
Christmas pudding
Rhubarb crumble
Muller fruit corners and rice pudding

Oh that list turned out longer than expected. I will make sure to fully indulge in everything next time I'm in the UK. :biggrin:
Whilst you're looking for almond snickers, peanut butter snickers sound good but I felt let down by them. Nowhere near as good as peanut butter kit kats :tongue:

Hmm, there are quite a lot of things I miss. What springs to mind is:
Yorkshire tea
Rowntrees pick & mix sweets (fruit gums, fruit pastiles and tootie frooties)
Heinz tomato soup
Ribena (in fact, any squash would be good!)
Vimto
Rhubarb and custard sweets
Weetabix
Chippy chips
Christmas pudding
Rhubarb crumble
Muller fruit corners and rice pudding

Oh that list turned out longer than expected. I will make sure to fully indulge in everything next time I'm in the UK. :biggrin:

My mums addicted to peanut butter kit kats :tongue: you've picked some good things there!
Original post by SweetNothing
My mums addicted to peanut butter kit kats :tongue: you've picked some good things there!

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I'm so glad they won that competition as they're definitely good enough to be a permanent thing imo. :drool:

I haven't seen them in the US though. :frown:

Latest