The Student Room Group

Israel's a nuclear threat to the entire world

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by KittyRe-play
I ain't referring to history...sorry but I live in the PRESENT not the past! (What is happening now is what bothers me)

Many of the conflicts in the Middle East are linked to events that happened decades and centuries ago. Without an appreciation for this I'm not sure you can understand why events happen as they do today. The actors and players in the region certainly keep history at the forefront of their minds
Original post by Aj12
Many of the conflicts in the Middle East are linked to events that happened decades and centuries ago. Without an appreciation for this I'm not sure you can understand why events happen as they do today. The actors and players in the region certainly keep history at the forefront of their minds

That's the root of the problem. Why can't they just leave past events in the past and comply with appeasement...and well just live in PEACE!
That's the root of the problem. Why can't they just leave past events in the past and comply with appeasement...and well just live in PEACE!

I reckon it's quite different to live in peace when somebody thinks it's acceptable to fire rockets as you...
Original post by Tempest II
I reckon it's quite different to live in peace when somebody thinks it's acceptable to fire rockets as you...

Well Israel ARE firing rockets and Hamas are (as expected) responding to it even though Israel have seized all their weapons since FOREVER!
Well Israel ARE firing rockets and Hamas are (as expected) responding to it even though Israel have seized all their weapons since FOREVER!

I'm willing to bet my next pay packet that if Hamas stopped firing rockets & completely ceased hostile actions, Israeli airstrikes would stop immediately. & then the Palestinians could rebuild Gaza & also live in peace.

If Hamas lays down its weapons tomorrow, the war would stop. If Israel laid down there's, they'd be a massacre.

I think you'll find its the other way way. Hamas starts it and Israel responds.

You are aware that Hamas are the ones that have fired first after every ceasefire.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I think you'll find its the other way way. Hamas starts it and Israel responds.

You are aware that Hamas are the ones that have fired first after every ceasefire.

You are exaggerating so much, Hamas did not fire after EVERY ceasefire. Okay lets accept that Hamas does fire first with one rocket which hardly kills anyone nor does it go in an area where people are populated.Israel however responds with 10 times more bombs and aims them in populated areas even when told not to, KILLING thousands of innocent civilians.:angry:
You are exaggerating so much, Hamas did not fire after EVERY ceasefire. Okay lets accept that Hamas does fire first with one rocket which hardly kills anyone nor does it go in an area where people are populated.Israel however responds with 10 times more bombs and aims them in populated areas even when told not to, KILLING thousands of innocent civilians.:angry:

Palestinians come off worse because the Israelis have better force protection in the form of Iron Dome missiles.

Hamas are trying to kill Israeli civilians in a rather indiscriminate manner although unsuccessfully.
imagine if you all didnt believe in 1000 year old harry potter books, you might be able to get along
Original post by Tempest II
I'm willing to bet my next pay packet that if Hamas stopped firing rockets & completely ceased hostile actions, Israeli airstrikes would stop immediately. & then the Palestinians could rebuild Gaza & also live in peace.

If Hamas lays down its weapons tomorrow, the war would stop. If Israel laid down there's, they'd be a massacre.

So you class occupation, blockade and the continuing annexation of land as peace?
Palestinians come off worse because the Israelis have better force protection in the form of Iron Dome missiles.

Hamas are trying to kill Israeli civilians in a rather indiscriminate manner although unsuccessfully.

Please tell me you're joking?:angry:
Don't think Israel will hurt us doe
Please tell me you're joking?:angry:

Not at all. The Israelis are doing targeted strikes notifying civilians to move out of areas whilst simultaneously shooting down Unguided Hamas rockets that are fired into Israeli territory whilst using civilians as cover to create an Israeli response to cause civilian casualtys.

I'm not seeing the IDF launching tickets from next to schools and hospitals.

There was an international lawyer on radio 4 a few weeks ago explaining that through the law of armed conflict the Israelis are actually playing it by the book. Its Hamas that are breaking international law by knowingly using civilians as cover and trying the cause civilian casualties.

The situation were in is that the Israelis are better at defending its Citiziens that Hamas are. In fact Hamas are trying to create Palestinian casualties for propaganda gain.

Have you heard if the term 'the useful idiot?'
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Don't think Israel will hurt us doe

Israel has a purely defensive stance.

Incidentally fighting your enemy on their own territory is common sense.nit a sign of aggression.
Not at all. The Israelis are doing targeted strikes notifying civilians to move out of areas whilst simultaneously shooting down Unguided Hamas rockets that are fired into Israeli territory whilst using civilians as cover to create an Israeli response to cause civilian casualtys.

I'm not seeing the IDF launching tickets from next to schools and hospitals.

There was an international lawyer on radio 4 a few weeks ago explaining that through the law of armed conflict the Israelis are actually playing it by the book. Its Hamas that are breaking international law by knowingly using civilians as cover and trying the cause civilian casualties.

The situation were in is that the Israelis are better at defending its Citiziens that Hamas are. In fact Hamas are trying to create Palestinian casualties for propaganda gain.

Have you heard if the term 'the useful idiot?'

Have you heard the term ''air-head''? No? So just shut the eff up cuz you don't wanna piss me off.
Have you heard the term ''air-head''? No? So just shut the eff up cuz you don't wanna piss me off.

An explanation of the term useful idiot.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot
An explanation of the term useful idiot.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

I know what useful idiot means you dodo I was referring to the stupid points you were making in regards to Palestine bombing and all that stuff.
I know what useful idiot means you dodo I was referring to the stupid points you were making in regards to Palestine bombing and all that stuff.

Life's cheap outside Europe and North America. Life's even cheaper when an organisation that employs suicide bombers is involved.
#Dying is better than living a life of a hypocrit# Israel and Israeli supporters should just die of shame [if they had any in their stone hearts]

I'm not a supporter of Israel. I just look at what's going on impartially.

Palestinians fire rockets at Israel.

Israel responds with artillery and air support.

Israel has access to a missile shield to shoot down Palestinian rockets to reduce the risk of casulaties.

Coming back on the thread.

Israel keeps getting invaded by its neighbours. Israel develops nuclear weapons. Israelis neighbours stop threatening Israel.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
The person I originally responded to stated that Iran are a nuclear threat, not they will be or could be.

Iran have no nuclear weapons nor do I believe they intend to seek such weapons so all of your discussion is irrelevant (until Iran decide to seek nuclear weapons, which I don't foresee happening unless Iran is attacked, most likely by Israel - a country which hasn't even ratified the NPT).

Fair enough!Though I doubt Israel would go after Iran with nukes, it probably be more conventional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending