The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHOO
Wenger should drop him. He's way too comfortable and acts so immaturely at times, and then does that dumb smile when he has near misses. He's got talent but isn't disciplined enough IMO.

Thing with Ospina is that he looks like a chap that thrives on form, much like Ozil. He looked a bit nervous in the soton game & often effd up. If he becomes a regular and has an off day then we're beyond ****ed. He's talented but I think he needs more confidence

With Ozil, I can't help but like the guy. With Ches, he is just too nonchalent. At least with Ozil you can see that he really wants to prove himself. I am actually a big Ozil apologist, think the guy is absolutely brilliant.
Reply 941
Original post by Tom_Ford
With Ozil, I can't help but like the guy. With Ches, he is just too nonchalent. At least with Ozil you can see that he really wants to prove himself. I am actually a big Ozil apologist, think the guy is absolutely brilliant.

Defo. Ozil will come good and will beast it. Always said this. The teams so close to clicking perfectly, just hope Ramsey's form doesn't keep declining
Original post by Tom_Ford

Exactly (bar my previous comment)
(edited 9 years ago)
Real's black away kit is so fine.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You always think I'm jumping to conclusions, it was a perfectly logical question. Why is he not a human being?

I'm not sure why you over looked the simple fact that he's played alot of games recently was obviously tired. I'm not sure why you started talking about his personal life and possible bereavement when he's had a decent game, you've jumped a few too many steps. Bit like goal.com or sportingwitness.com

1. Ozil is a professional, he wouldn't let personal problems affect his game or concentration

2. He would have been given time off for a bereavement.
Original post by SHOO
Defo. Ozil will come good and will beast it. Always said this. The teams so close to clicking perfectly, just hope Ramsey's form doesn't keep declining

Lol. Just one game bro, calm down.
Arsenal should manage to score against Chelsea but the question is how many will they concede.
Original post by sevchenko
I'm not sure why you over looked the simple fact that he's played alot of games recently was obviously tired. I'm not sure why you started talking about his personal life and possible bereavement when he's had a decent game, you've jumped a few too many steps. Bit like goal.com or sportingwitness.com

1. Ozil is a professional, he wouldn't let personal problems affect his game or concentration

Whereas Yaya Youre isn't?
Original post by Juan Mata
Whereas Yaya Youre isn't?

City didn't allow him to see his dying brother at all you clown. Whereas Kolo got time off.

Arsene gives time off to players with personal issues.
Lmao I nearly died today, I went to watch the Liverpool match in a pub. When Basel scored I shouted loudly "YESS" everyone looked at me for like ten seconds. I swear I wanted the floor to open up, thank God I think someone would've bottled me.
Original post by sevchenko

I think you're the one overreacting really. I'm always the one to stick up for Ozil, I do realise he's been playing a lot but that doesn't mean he should look depressed every time he's out on the pitch. The bereavement bit was an example. Conclusively, he's weak sometimes physically and as evidently obvious from this game, loses challenges as times goes on. That doesn't mean he's had a bad game, just one or two occasions where I've noticed it tonight. His body language wasn't right either (due to tiredness as suggested) but it is a frequent thing even when he's having a good game (which he's been having lately), hence me asking the question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 950
Original post by cleveradam
Lol. Just one game bro, calm down.
Arsenal should manage to score against Chelsea but the question is how many will they concede.

I know I'm going to come across like I'm overly excited right now lol, but trust me, our performances are getting better and better. Obviously we'll lose on Sunday, but there's a lot more fluidity now. I just hope that the loss doesn't effect us mentally becuse we can really go on a run after Sunday, we have winnable games for a month or so.

My only fear apart from that is Wenger playing people out of position again. Cazorla & Ozil worked so well in the middle & I hope that convinced him to only play the two in the middle. If not then don't play them.

Obviously we arnt winning the league, 3rd place would be a good progression, and I'll be more than happy with that.
Original post by Kruz
Lmao I nearly died today, I went to watch the Liverpool match in a pub. When Basel scored I shouted loudly "YESS" everyone looked at me for like ten seconds. I swear I wanted the floor to open up, thank God I think someone would've bottled me.

Lmao you got really lucky there were no football hooligans there.
Watching the tide of opinion on Chesney change over the last couple of years has been amusing.
Lmao you got really lucky there were no football hooligans there.

I saw this guy whisper into his friends ear and then look at me. But yeah the hooligans would've absolutely demolished me
Ratings today:

Szc 4
Chambers 5
Mert 6
Kos 7
Gibbs 6.5
Flamini 6
Santi 8
Ozil 8
Ox 8
Alexis 9.5
Welbz 9.5

Giroud is finished at Arsenal. New contract will just be to get more money next summer. He is NOT a perfect substitute striker, that would be Welbeck.
Original post by Kruz
I saw this guy whisper into his friends ear and then look at me. But yeah the hooligans would've absolutely demolished me

You must have been so shook! How'd you style it out? "Yes! *cough*cough*" :lol:
Reply 956
Original post by angelfox
Ratings today:

Szc 4
Chambers 5
Mert 6
Kos 7
Gibbs 6.5
Flamini 6
Santi 8
Ozil 8
Ox 8
Alexis 9.5
Welbz 9.5

Giroud is finished at Arsenal. New contract will just be to get more money next summer. He is NOT a perfect substitute striker, that would be Welbeck.

I would personally give Gibbs a 7 & chambers a 6, but apart from that I pretty much agree with the ratings.

With regards to Giroud, I think welbz performances till December would really dictate who would be the perfect substitute. I do like the difference giroud brings to the game, not many strikers hold the ball up like him, and not many can bring the midfield into the game like he does so in that sense he'd be the perfect substitute. Well, for me any way.
**** flamini, guy is a shambles. would rather have arteta sitting in all honesty. my opinion of flamini has changed recently, he offers very little anywhere on the pitch and always ends up in the book needlessly.

merse was spot on about scz clearly the talent is there and he shows it consistently with his saves etc. but he's got a childish mentality which he can't seem to budge.
You must have been so shook! How'd you style it out? "Yes! *cough*cough*" :lol:

I just pulled my hoody over my head and sunk into my chair :lol:, praying everyone will look at the TV.
Original post by Kruz

Once you do something like that you have to go all in tbh:

Latest