The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also that two footed challenge on Sanchez by Melo was a definite red. Was fairly sure when I saw it from my seat but now I've seen the replay. Absolute horrorshow of a tackle.
galatasaray were ****ing atrociously bad. can't believe i wasn't as confident as others on here.

prandelli cost them the game with 3 at the back and sneijder playing cdm. typical italian. they played slightly better in the second half when they went to 4 at the back but we still **** all over them even with 10 men.

anyways don't get too happs lads, chelsea will bring us back down to earth.
Original post by deborarosa
question: Ive seen this 'debate' floating around Twitter a lot recently. Is Brendan Rodgers a better manager than Wenger?

Bit premature to say the least to make that kind of comparison at this sort of time, Rodgers has won nothing significant. He's often good tactically and knows how to implement good structure in a team but bar tactical decisions I wouldn't say he's a better manager than AW at all. However, the amount of time Arsene has spent as manager may be a factor that could cloud judgement which is understandable. Rodgers has already shown some attributes of what makes a top manager, he's on his way you could argue nevertheless Arsene is still up there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by De Chirico
Also that two footed challenge on Sanchez by Melo was a definite red. Was fairly sure when I saw it from my seat but now I've seen the replay. Absolute horrorshow of a tackle.

agreed
Welbeck's third goal is a good example of a goal Giroud would not have scored. He simply would not have made that run. I think he would have preferred Chamberlain passing to feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Welbeck's third goal is a good example of a goal Giroud would not have scored. He simply would not have made that run. I think he would have preferred Chamberlain passing to feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Disagree. Giroud does make alot of good runs you just need to see his goals from last season to realise that tbh.

I think Welbz 2nd goal better highlights the contrast between him and Giroud. It's impossible for Giroud force an error and cover the amount of ground in the time Welbz did and get a goal. Gala were pretty dire though

Reply 986
Original post by Isometrix
Yep overrated keeper. Remember back a few seasons Arsenal fans were adamant he was a better prospect than De Gea and at one point was touted as one of the best keepers in the league :lol:

He's a joke. Just like Podolski his social media personality clouds the fans' judgment on him as they fail to judge him as an actual player.

How much of Schezny do you even watch to come to such judgement, or are you just basing your opinion of him as a player from what you've seen on social media.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
How much of Schezny do you even watch to come to such judgement, or are you just basing your opinion of him as a player from what you've seen on social media.

No that's what a lot of Arsenal fans do.

You reckon he's in the top 5 keepers in the league?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 988
Honestly, I wouldn't even put Szczesney above Joe Hart.
On Skysports Germany, they said that Podolski is looking to leave in the winter window :frown:. All due to the fact he feels he has no role in this Arsenal team.
Original post by Isometrix
No that's what a lot of Arsenal fans do.

You reckon he's in the top 5 keepers in the league?

Posted from TSR Mobile

for me I would probably have sometihng like:

Lloris + Courtois, as the top2..

Rest are a lot less clear at this stage..

would band together De gea and Schez, as young promising keepers, both shown class at times, but not complete consistancy at a top level.. (always thought de gea had more talent, but maybe has not shown it as well..

I dont really rate mingolet, who always looks like a liability.

The two ex arsenal keeprs, Fabianski + mannone are doing well.. great form this season,..

And I would give a shout to spironi, having had a pretty solid season last year, and doing well so far this time.. for palace as well.

Forster looks good for sothampton, but he is still to unproven in the league, same with heaton..

Would not put begovic or green above schez, and hart has not looked top class for a few seasons now..

So confidently I would only take 2-3 keepers above scez, but on a form basis, he is probably behind about 5-6 keepers this season for me
Original post by Kruz
On Skysports Germany, they said that Podolski is looking to leave in the winter window :frown:. All due to the fact he feels he has no role in this Arsenal team.

good, in all honestly.. I like the guy to bits, but if he is not happy to be a rarely uesd sub, then he can leave..

Once walcott is back, there is no room for him in the starting XI, and even for rotation he is up against ox, campbell, and which ever CAM wenger chooses to put on the wing for that game..
Reply 992
Original post by fallen_acorns
good, in all honestly.. I like the guy to bits, but if he is not happy to be a rarely uesd sub, then he can leave..

Once walcott is back, there is no room for him in the starting XI, and even for rotation he is up against ox, campbell, and which ever CAM wenger chooses to put on the wing for that game..

This. His work rate in a game has gone from 40% go 20%. I too love the guy & his influence on the team but I think it'll be best for both parties if he left (he doesn't really deserve to not play, he can easily get game time somewhere else)

I would miss that random left foot screamers of his though
Original post by Kruz

He doesn't, unless he counts being the New Eboue a role!

If we can get a decent amount for him then I don't care, I will pack his backs for him, Goodbye Lukas.

According to some ITKs he was already on the way out until Giroud got injured.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
He doesn't, unless he counts being the New Eboue a role!

If we can get a decent amount for him then I don't care, I will pack his backs for him, Goodbye Lukas.

According to some ITKs he was already on the way out until Giroud got injured.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If a team like Schalke came in for him, I'd happily offload him for Draxler.
'Wenger is still up there' as a top manager.

Lol :rofl:
Awful player
Original post by Zander01
'Wenger is still up there' as a top manager.

Lol :rofl:

Who in their right mind would even say such stupidity?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes.. if the alternative is nothing..

No.. if we are actually going to sign someone else..

I mean, id take him as an option who could replace arteta/flamini..

But it would show a huge lack of ambition if he is the central player arsene signs.. when it has been painfully clear we need some qulaity there, for ages now..

Latest