The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Your in no position to be shouting out predictions like this. It's the performances of your team that making top four look more and more possible for us.

**** top four though. I want a title challenge. Now allow me to crawl back into my ball of hope and optimism.

We're playing our worst football in years and we're only one point behind you, by the time we play you at Christmas we'll be above you, you can believe dat

Original post by Juan Mata
Sounds like a top fella

yeah man, he was so suave that the mods had to ban him.
wasn't fair on the rest of the posters :/

Original post by Arkasia
Oh yeah, that guy was just the WORST.

Also, 2/10? That's generous of you, Luk- ahem, Lucio.

yeah, i gave him 20% since he does branch out and troll a variety of clubs - good guy like that.

who's Lucio?
if you're referring to me, the name is Lúcio yeah?
Original post by Deshi
We're playing our worst football in years and we're only one point behind you, by the time we play you at Christmas we'll be above you, you can believe dat

You've only had one good league season in the last 5 years though :s-smilie: so how can it be that you're playing your worst football result wise over the last couple years? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deshi

Surely your worst football in years was when Kenny/Hodgson were in charge? If anything you're playing your best football since 2009, just not as good as last year.
Original post by Deshi

first 3 games are irrelevant because of the lack of transfers at that point and the injuries. We were playing Fletcher and Cleverley in midfield which won't be happening again.

The next 4 we've won 3 and it would be 4/4 with correct decisions.
Reply 1566
Result went as expected but performance wasn't actually that bad. Really strange feeling about it all and don't know what to make of it. Kept Costa and Fab quiet for majority of the game, Hazard wasn't tearing us into pieces (Flam-Santi-WIlshere were our core ffs), Ozil wasn't been too founded on the wing and made a few holes in the Chelsea's defence- the old man seemed to have been tactically competent in this match. All these of course could've been as a result of Jose been his risk averse self but we're playing worse than we did going into the match last season and they've taken 2 steps forward whilst we've taken 12214342534543232534638952 back, yet it was only 2-0. I thought it'd be 3-0 before the match. If Wilshere had taken his chance or we were more penetrative during the early stages of the second half, could've been 1-1. But it was always going to finish 2-0.

After the international break, we have to win all our matches before the November international break.

Original post by Birdman1234567
outside of the top 2 the PL table looks very tight.

Is there really a top 2? I think City will drop enough point to tease with whichever team finished 3rd to make them think they can finish 2nd themselves. City aren't going to challenge Chelsea; there's something not right about them and Pellegrini's management.

Original post by Nickini
Usmanov?

Buh Arsenal fans aren't openly supporting him. Roman is a saint at chelsea blah blah blah blah blah
Anyways, boring **** is boring. Football is an unscruple business that has no morality or care for anyone or anything.
/end

Original post by Deshi
It's the worst mentality ever, especially when you support a top team, I see it too often.

Surely it's more been realistic. Should we have gone into this match expecting anything else? Wouldn't that be delusional? The current mentality comes from what hasn't been addressed in the squad for many years.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Yeah I've been impressed with Southampton. Really likeable club as well and the fans i know irl are really down to Earth despite their good start.

Chelsea will win the PL tbh but i have a clash of interest. Hate Chelsea but i'd rather them than City who seem to be the only ones that could challenge them. I genuienly think no one likes Liverpool at all apart from thier fans. Every home ground ive gone to (West Ham, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Chelsea, United, Newcastle and Tottenham) said they mostly hate Liverpool. Although 7/20 clubs' views may not be an ideal thing to use as an estimate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly despise Chelsea, and would rather City to win any day of the week. Southampton are my second choice team, they play fluid football and have some really, really likeable players. Liverpool are just scum who try to use Hillsborough any time they aren't getting enough support or media coverage.
Original post by Deshi

In years = two seasons ago

You're not playing that badly. You've just lost your cutting edge. Toothless may be a more accurate description.
Original post by Lúcio
yeah man, he was so suave that the mods had to ban him.
wasn't fair on the rest of the posters :/

yeah, i gave him 20% since he does branch out and troll a variety of clubs - good guy like that.

who's Lucio?
if you're referring to me, the name is Lúcio yeah?

Ah good point, he did seem to troll each club equally, what a decent fellow.

M8 I'm going to start calling you Lucius because that accent is just too much effort for me every time.
Original post by Pete_91
Surely your worst football in years was when Kenny/Hodgson were in charge? If anything you're playing your best football since 2009, just not as good as last year.

The losses to West Ham, Villa and Basel were probably just as bad as the games in the Kenny/Hodgson regime. Seriously watching those games brought back a lot of bad memories....
lol @ liverpool
Original post by Nickini
Usmanov is still an owner of Arsenal FC, and you said "Would honestly rather be a supporter of a lower league team that is not owned by a foreign criminal."

So why are you supporting Arsenal?

Do you have any understanding of how shareholding actually works?

Aha what a bellend. Someone should pay Kompany to do that to him next time they play each other.
Original post by Arkasia
Ah good point, he did seem to troll each club equally, what a decent fellow.

M8 I'm going to start calling you Lucius because that accent is just too much effort for me every time.

i would call that disrespect :/

Original post by Juan Mata
lol @ liverpool

y u do dis?
Wenger was asked if he regrets pushing the c*** he replied 'No. What is there to regret after that?' lmaooooo he's a God
Original post by Kenan and Kel
In years = two seasons ago

You're not playing that badly. You've just lost your cutting edge. Toothless may be a more accurate description.

:lol:

Original post by Arkasia
Aha what a bellend. Someone should pay Kompany to do that to him next time they play each other.

I thought it was concluded that Hazard actually kicked the ball out of the ball boys grasp if you see it from a different angle, the boy made a meal out of it?

Yeah you blind dumb ****. He 'kicks' the 'ball boy'.
Atleast players like Oscar and Hazard work their asses off for the team no matter how gifted or luxurious they are.
Too bad you can't say the same about goggle face Ozil and the other 8/11 for Arsenal today.
Oh, and as for Welbeck, ofcourse we forget about his glorious, clean and controlled tackle which had no intent of malice.
You ****ing scum.
Original post by Dr. Django
Id rather support spurs than a plastic club full of thugs with Admiral **** at the helm

The only thug in the stadium today was Wenger, disgraceful behaviour, as was booing cesc. Chelsea fans applauded Lampard, even when he scored against us. Arsenal fans showing their scummy side, Chelsea showing they're pure class.

Latest