The Student Room Group

Is there a huge difference between these degrees in terms of prospects?

Hi, I'm thinking of studying in the area of politics and I would love some advice on the following courses and their employability. (Includes universities too!)

I'm going to be preidicted AAB plus extenuating circumstances and come from*a poor area/school. I'm leaning to kings and queen because I want to stay in London, but out of the other universities which one is best for politics/employment/reputation? Btw do you think applying for kings is worth it? Thanks a lot:smile:

Kings college London politics BA AAA
Queen Mary politics BA ABB
University of Leeds politics AAB
University of Nottingham AAB
University of Cardiff AAB
(edited 9 years ago)
Kings is obviously the best, and then I'd say Nottingham after that. QM is quite good for politics, but isn't quite as respected. Nottingham would be better than QM for employment.

Other than that, have you looked at UCL or LSE to stay in London? Other good options are Sheffield, York and Durham.
Original post by Little Jules
Kings is obviously the best, and then I'd say Nottingham after that. QM is quite good for politics, but isn't quite as respected. Nottingham would be better than QM for employment.

Other than that, have you looked at UCL or LSE to stay in London? Other good options are Sheffield, York and Durham.

I'm thinking of staying in London but I think that will ultimately depend on whether I can get into kings with AAB:smile:. With regards to ucl and lse there's absolutely no point. I won't be able to compete with the competition and there's a good chance the uni life will be dull.*My brain is telling me kings, Leeds and Nottingham are the best within reach for me.*Is politics a degree with work experience and maybe an mba in the future a good set of qualifications for business or finance etc?
Original post by nevergiveupnow
I'm thinking of staying in London but I think that will ultimately depend on whether I can get into kings with AAB:smile:. With regards to ucl and lse there's absolutely no point. I won't be able to compete with the competition and there's a good chance the uni life will be dull.*My brain is telling me kings, Leeds and Nottingham are the best within reach for me.*Is politics a degree with work experience and maybe an mba in the future a good set of qualifications for business or finance etc?

Maybe LSE is out of reach but UCL isn't. Their Politics and East European Studies degree asks for AAA-AAB, so you have a chance. That said, only apply if you have a strong interest in Russia.
I
Original post by nevergiveupnow

I wouldn't concentrate on an MBA too much to be honest. They are really expensive and the best ones really want you to have business experience and a bit further on in your career. A politics degree and good work experience should be a good start though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending