The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kara1702
Is that for Chemical Engineering on Wednesday 22nd October? I didn't get that

No mine is physics on 11th November. As I said it probably varies between subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I've got an interview at Manchester for physics with astrophysics - anyone know what they're like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I spoke to the PhD students about it they said it was a really informal chat about stuff on your p/s and a chance to ask the staff member questions in detail about the course and stuff
Whens your interview ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
No mine is physics on 11th November. As I said it probably varies between subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok well good luck! :smile:
Are the interviews on a one-on-one basis or are the tours etc in groups of applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok well good luck! :smile:

Thankyou !! You too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah it says informal clothing, I'll go smart casual probably but not full suit. Is your interview on Wednesday?

Yh, Wed 22nd. Tbh I was going to wear a suit even if it said informal. Part of me feels they say that to make it less formal and scary for applicants.
Anyone else applying to English Lit? I'm an EU applicant and I sent off my ucas app on the 9th, haven't heard back yet except for the thank you for applying email. Has anyone got their online assessment link?
Reply 327
Applied for Chemical engineering !
Original post by AndreaB96
Anyone else applying to English Lit? I'm an EU applicant and I sent off my ucas app on the 9th, haven't heard back yet except for the thank you for applying email. Has anyone got their online assessment link?

Me! I was wondering where the other english lit people were. My online assessment came on Wednesday last week, sent it back Saturday.
Original post by rachu
Applied for Chemical engineering !

Same! Where else did you apply?
Original post by TwoLimes
Me! I was wondering where the other english lit people were. My online assessment came on Wednesday last week, sent it back Saturday.

Hey there:smile: How long after you applied did you get it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just a bit anxious and would like to receive it sooner rather than later, so I can be done with it:smile: Granted, I received their acknowledgement email last Tuesday so I guess there's still plenty of time to get the assessment...
Has anybody gotten an interview/offer for biochemistry ? :smile:
Just had my first offer from Manchester! For modern history and politics (conditional - AAB) - eases my fears of 5 rejections :biggrin:
Original post by MPKent8934
Just had my first offer from Manchester! For modern history and politics (conditional - AAB) - eases my fears of 5 rejections :biggrin:

Well done!
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Well done!

Thanks - it's such a relief! :biggrin:

How's your application going, where have you applied?
Reply 335
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Same! Where else did you apply?

nottingham, bath, birmingham and newcastle. What about you ?
Got an offer for Urban and Regional Planning!!!! - ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AndreaB96
Hey there:smile: How long after you applied did you get it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just a bit anxious and would like to receive it sooner rather than later, so I can be done with it:smile: Granted, I received their acknowledgement email last Tuesday so I guess there's still plenty of time to get the assessment...

I didn't actually receive an acknowledgement email, but I'm a mature student so whether that has anything to do with it I don't know. I applied on the 11th September, so it took like, a month?
I just got an offer for PPE! AAB :smile: Over the moon :biggrin:
Original post by TwoLimes
I didn't actually receive an acknowledgement email, but I'm a mature student so whether that has anything to do with it I don't know. I applied on the 11th September, so it took like, a month?

Thanks for your help. That's such a relief:smile: It's only been 12 days since I applied so I guess I'm just impatient:smile:) They still have plenty of time to send the assessment. Hopefully we both get in :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending