The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Does anybody know if the christmas break counts in the 8 week period, or is it 8 weeks excluding the 4 week LSE christmas break
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JPD96
Does anybody know if the christmas break counts in the 8 week period, or is it 8 weeks excluding the 4 week LSE christmas break

I'm assuming it counts the Christmas break. If not, we'll hear by early Feb which whilst annoying is better than the end of March.
I've waited forever for the 8 weeks email. I got the 2 weeks email on oct 20th. Still have got nothing. I am literally crazy.
Applying go straight economics!
Got the 2 week email on the 5th October
Got the LSE questionnaire and sent it back to them on the 27th October
Got the 8 week email today (14th November)
Now the waiting game.....
Good luck everyone
Reply 724
Original post by Mariusk03
It doesn't, I read that somewhere on their website.. You should hope to hear back before the break because they won't be looking at applications over the break but will receive tons of new ones.. That was my motivation to apply early; hoping to hear back before the 19th of December

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks. I got the 8 week email today which would place 8 weeks on 9th jan. Do you think I should expect it before the break even though 8 weeks is quite a bit after the beginning of the break, or should I expect to hear back 3-4 weeks after 9th jan?
Original post by JPD96
Ok thanks. I got the 8 week email today which would place 8 weeks on 9th jan. Do you think I should expect it before the break even though 8 weeks is quite a bit after the beginning of the break, or should I expect to hear back 3-4 weeks after 9th jan?

Most likely late Jan/early Feb - decent by LSE standards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I received a 2 weeker long time ago and today got an 8 weeker. I thought they usually give out a questionnaire, why do u think they didnt in my case? I have applied for BSc Management btw
Original post by bobabob
Guys I received a 2 weeker long time ago and today got an 8 weeker. I thought they usually give out a questionnaire, why do u think they didnt in my case? I have applied for BSc Management btw

Questionnaire is just for some subjects. History (my subject) also doesn't get it for example

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudyNow
I've waited forever for the 8 weeks email. I got the 2 weeks email on oct 20th. Still have got nothing. I am literally crazy.

same i am practically counting the days :frown:( checking my email at least 5 times a day (if not more). PS: does anyone know if unis give out offers/rejections on the weekend?? because i am wondering if it is a waste of time checking my email saturday and sunday. thank you!
I feel like I'll get rejected for not doing FM earlier and lack of A2 FM. I'm doing an AS this year, standard maths was quite strong. I swear they don't look for people interested in Economics, they just want mathematicians :/

still waiting..

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I haven't followed this thread for something like three days and a lot happened here ever since
Firstly, congratulations for all of you who already received their offers !! It has been so quick, it's incredible !! I sent my application on 26th september and still haven't heard back from them ...
So I'm really affraid now
Reply 731
Original post by Mariusk03
I also got the 8 week email today and I think we'll both hear back before the break :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you're right. Economics?
My friend received an offer for Geography and Economics last Thursday. She sent her UCAS application off around the 3rd of October
Reply 733
Does anyone know how many offers they give for each course to ensure that places are filled? For example, if there are around 40 places how many offers would they give out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harveenjudge
I think the offers are handed out quite randomly throughout the year so don't worry! They made a friend of mine hang on until March last year to give them an offer so, as long as grades etc are all pretty good, you should be fine :smile: Best of luck!

Ok that's not too bad then! Oh, waiting until March must have been painful! Ah thanks, hopefully my application was strong enough! Good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by hiblablabla
Hi i just got an offer for IB 38 points for straight economics :smile: I was predicted 45. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get one too with those grade

Thank you!! I really hope so!
Reply 736
Original post by houdhoud1997
So I haven't followed this thread for something like three days and a lot happened here ever since
Firstly, congratulations for all of you who already received their offers !! It has been so quick, it's incredible !! I sent my application on 26th september and still haven't heard back from them ...
So I'm really affraid now

If it's any consolation, I sent mine on October 9th and only got the 8 week email last Friday, but I got my offer only 6 days after that, so could happen all at once :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could it be that LSE is no longer doing the 'gathered field' approach ? At least not for the obviously top notched applicants?
Original post by GandalfWhite
Could it be that LSE is no longer doing the 'gathered field' approach ? At least not for the obviously top notched applicants?

This makes me sad as I haven't heard anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
This makes me sad as I haven't heard anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My apologies but there are lots of very good applicants too whereby I am sure they will be assessed using the gathered field approach. Just that there may be some clear cut rejections as well as some obvious offers based on past experience. Hang in there. It is only November ...in previous years January was considered very early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending